View Single Post

Old 12-23-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlessPPC View Post
can i put use my distro in every thread on here lol
While I realize you are poking fun here, this is something that has kind of thrown me off for a while. I like that people are willing to help here; that IS the whole point of the forum. You've offered a lot of help without always referring to your distro or a How-To. I am simply asking those who help (in this case it just happens to fall on lemn... no offense bud) to give a little more than just a link to his (working) How-To by realizing that every system is a little different and the people who come here asking for help may not realize there is a step that will not work (or a missing step) for them in a general How-To. Thats all.

Don't get me wrong, I think its fine to point out methods that have worked well... but after a little digging for info elsewhere on the net, you can probably help someone out a little better to be more specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses_609
Is there anything else that I need to do so I can dual boot vista and leopard?
Right now, probably nothing except keep researching your system components and double-checking throughout this forum and others to see how people got issues resolved. Since you are going to be booting these from separate Hard Drives, does your BIOS give you the option to start up with a different (selectable) HD on boot? (for example, I need to press f12 near the end of the BIOS boot)

Last edited by nfoav8or; 12-23-2008 at 07:56 PM.