View Single Post

Old 07-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorazine74 View Post
I'm not familiar with munky's method (I found it unnecessarily complicated if you dont need to exchange disk between mac/pc) but with all those ATA kexts you have there it should boot.
You have many ATA kexts in your Extra but not the one for Intel ICH, Intel ICHx controllers work with a modded AppleIntelPIIXATA (with your device id, the vanilla one only has a couple of ids) and the vanilla IOATAFamily, the rest should not be needed at all. I would try to use fewer kexts if posible, just get rid of all the foreign ATA ones.
The difference between Normal and Legacy settings in ICH are not clear but I think in Legacy Mode you could be missing some ports (in legacy SATA behaves as a single IDE controller who can have at most 4 ports, if you have 6 SATA ports, 2 of them are disabled for compatibility; in normal mode you could have 2 different IDE Controllers, one with 4 ports and another one with 2 more ports). From what I know Apple kexts should work with normal mode.
thorazine,

Thanks.

I had tried this earlier (see an earlier post in the thread). Then I tried to remove the AppleVIAata.kext, and I got the same error.

I think you are on the right track, as this root device error is logically a chipset error, and not an OS error (related to the power management).