View Single Post

Old 04-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Puma

Hi,

My system was running fine (with the exception of some little applications like iCal, and iChess for example that crashes). Yesterday, I installed the free iPhone Dev SDK. My first try resulted in a installation jam so I had to kill the process. I retried and it worked till the very end (I even thought it was finished) where I got a Kernel Panic error (message telling me to reboot in 4-5 languages).

Since then, I can't boot at all. I get a Kernel panic error early in the boot process. I tried to boot with '-f' without success. However, if I boot in Safe Mode (-x), everything is fine and I can even open xCode and build/debug an application (part of the iPhone SDK). So the installation must have worked, but for some reason something got screwed.

I'm lost here, so any of you have a clue on how to resolve my Kernel Panic issue? I included a picture of the error in attachment.
Thanks in advance.

By the way:
MB: Asus K8VSE Deluxe (Chipset: VIA K8T800 [VT8383], SB: VIA VT8237, LAN: Marvell)
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3400+ (SSE2)
HDD: IDE
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro All-in-Wonder (which is not recongnized I think, because I can't change the resolution...)
OS: Zeph's 10.5.2 rev.2 - Single Boot MBR (haven't added anything since the installation, not even the auto-updates).