View Single Post

Old 01-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib View Post
Same problem for me if I set the Mac partition as the boot partition. So I reverted back to my XP partition (i.e. I boot OSX from my XP partition)
Quote:
Originally Posted by How to: Setup SB600 Windows XP AHCI driver - by Martin953
For those of as with AMD SB600 south bridge OSx86 is easier to setup, when SATA controller is in AHCI mode (the installer sees all SATA HDD's and you can partition and choose any as install location)

But if you wanna dual boot with Windows XP (like I am) and have previously installed XP with SATA controller in IDE mode - it's like pain in the @$ - you have to enter BIOS setup each time you want to switch OSes and change SATA controller mode from AHCI to IDE or vise versa.
So I dig and have found a nice and easy solution:

1.Boot XP in IDE mode.
2.Copy "ahci8086.sys" file from attached driver package to "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers".
3.Right-click on "AHCI-InstallXP32.reg" file and choose Merge
4.Reboot, enter BIOS setup and enable AHCI mode, save and reboot. Boot Windows and have fun.

Original information obtained from german forum: "http://62.109.81.232/cgi-bin/sbb/sbb.cgi?&a=show&forum=2&show=2290"
i found this guide here but i want your opinion if i shoud try it, it dosen't say if it works on Vista
_
so the first time i tryed installing MAC i wouldn't let me create mac partition without killing my vista partition (Unallocated) so i made blank partition with Acronis and it worked(i hope it's k because it worked). But now after mac crashed(repaired my vista boot) i tryed to install it again and after the succeful install it boot's from the install disc but it dosen't continue; it stops in the darwin .

in all the dual-boot guides i found it requiers Pc-EFI and i know when i tryed to install Zephyroth i couldn't proceed because of this EFI

nfoav8or orLawless please tell about my Creative SB X-Fi sound card, do you have kext for it ?

Misi

Last edited by Misi; 01-13-2009 at 11:08 AM.