View Single Post

Old 12-19-2008, 12:27 AM

Little problems with Phenom, voodoo, Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3

Hello guys,
I'm booting a vanilla install with the EFI partition on a Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 board and a Phenom cpu using the Voodoo kernel. Almost everything is working perfectly and even did the 10.5.6 update without nothing to worry about. But I have a tiny problem with the shutdown on this mobo(I used to have a MSI K9A2 which didn't have that problem). It just says that it safe to turn it off from the button. If someone is using a similar mobo, please share your experience. The other little problem i s that my CPU speed isn't shown correctly. In the About This Mac it says 4.3GHz Unknown, in the system profiler it says 18.63GHz, and Geekbench shows "AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core @ 719 THz (4 cores)" !!! I tried with different AppleSMBIOS.kext and still nothing. When I'm using the voodoo kernel with the Lawless' version it shows the speed correctly. So do you have an idea, how to fix that also?
Thanks.

AMD Phenom II 945 || Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 || A-DATA 4GB kit DDR2 800 || Galaxy 9800GT Low Power || 320GB (SATA) || USB DAC || Optiarc DVDRW (PATA) || CM Mystique 631S Case || Asus PW201 || Apple Aluminum Keyboard + Mighty Mouse + Remote