View Single Post

Old 02-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Cheetah

HI Everyone,

I'm busy installing Leopard on my Laptop (see below for specs). I currently have 10.5.1 installed with the EFI and I ran the 10.5.2 update from eddie11c.

Laptop model: Arima W830DA
Processor: AMD Turion64 ML-44
RAM: 2x 1GB DDR400
HD: 120GB Hitachi S-ATA
Chipset: nForce 4 (SLI)
Video: 2x nVidia GeForceGo 7800 256MB
WLAN Network (built-in): INPROCOMM wireless (Vista sees it as: Wireless CB54G3/MP54G3 Wireless LAN Card)
WLAN Network (USB): ZyDas ZD1211 WLAN
LAN Ethernet: Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-e Gigabit ethernet
Bluetooth: Broadcom 2045 (WORKS)

First let me explain what I am doing: I have installed 10.5.1 and the update to 10.5.2. My videocards don't work so I had to remove all NV and Geforce kext files. Other than that Leopard seems to be working fine. Then I installed the drivers for the ZyDas WLAN (4.5.9 i believe) and it works! I also installed the nVidia drivers using the universal installer package. But after rebooting 2 or 3 times, upon loading it keeps on looping in the same error:
something like "mDNSResponder[xx] Couldn't read user-specified local hostname; using default “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx” instead.." and some other errors.. like "Mach communication failed (ipc/send)"

I already disabled the onboard WLAN (INPROCOMM)... but I can't get it to work.. Also when I boot with -x nothing happens..

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks!!

(BTW: My GeForces don't work, my onboad LAN isn't recognised, as well as my CPU and Audio)