View Single Post

Old 06-23-2009, 03:02 AM
Cheetah

Thanks for the reply.

Getting rid of the old system was not that big of a deal, this thing runs great other then the problems with OS X.

I found a BIOS update that someone modded for this mobo. Talk about sweating bullets, it took forever to flash and had my whole system locked up, but it did finish (thought I was gonna end up with a 25 pound paper weight lol).

Andyways, the BIOS update seemed to fix a lot of the problems, now I can get OS X to install. After the install it crashes b/c of my unboard GFX.

So now with the new problem. I have some video cards I can choose from here (as you will see I am an ATI fan lol). What would be the best to use?

ATI X850XT PCIE
ATI 3400HD PCIE
ATI Rad 7000 PCI
ATI Rad X1300 PCI
ATI Rad 9250 PCI

The PCI cards up there are from other machines I could easily pull.

Any idea what may be the best to use? I know NVidias are supposed to be better for this adventure but years ago I bought 2 FX5500s and they failed after a short time and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Also if any of the PCI cards would work, this mobo has an unboard RTL8168 that OS X don't seem to pick up so right now I have a 3com 905c sitting in the only PCI slot in this machine lol.

Thanks for the help!