View Single Post

Old 02-20-2009, 03:57 AM
Panther

Okay I have no idea what to do...(Installing OSX on SATA)

Okay so I have been asking questions around to gain knowledge so I can solve my problem and you guys have been amazing on giving me feedback and answering my questions but I'm stumped and have no idea how to solve my problem =X

Heres what's up

Goal: Installing OSX86 on my SATA hardrive.

Distros tried:

IPC 10.5.6

Leo4All V.5

iDeneb v.1.4

Kalyway 10.5.2

Problem: Every distro boots to my system. Only IPC and Leo4All recognize my SATA hardrive.

Now when I try to format my SATA hardrive I get this very lame error.

"Disk Erase Failed: Input/output error" (and no I'm not erasing it with MS-DOS (FAT) )

Now so far what I know is that I believe it has to do with my Chipset. Now with my knowledge I believe that by my chipset is my motherboard. In that case my motherboard is a ECS GeForce 7050M-M.

So If I am correct (which Im questioning) I need to get the kexts (drivers) for my chipset so OSX will be able to deal with erasing my hardrive correctly.

I have NO idea where to get these kexts or where to look for them.

I know that I have asked this question before but It was never solved and I decided that it is definitely time to revisit it because you guys are the only reliable people to go to (insanelymac hasn't even attempted to answer my question and its been a month)

Mac OS X 10.5.5 Voodoo 9.5.0 2.7 GHz AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2 GB 1334 MHz DDR2 NVIDIA GeForce 9500M-M MB Maxtor 75 GB IDE

Last edited by oneshot; 02-20-2009 at 04:04 AM.