View Single Post

Old 02-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Jaguar

Partition scheme

I'm been trying with several distros, and it appears that the only one that works on my hardware is ideneb 10.5.7. After booting off the dvd, i get to the point where I have to select which partition to use. Here is my problem, I currently have a triple boot system

a) xp
b) windows 7
c) gentoo

They all have their own hard drive. I'm trying to install mac on the same drive where windows 7 is. The problem is that the drive where windows 7 is already has two partitions created by windows and the mac installer does not let me create a separate partition on the free space. I have to select paritition scheme and it doesnt make sense to me. To me it would be simple if i can just select the free space, create a new partition and formatted the drive, but i cant. instead, i have to select from 1 partition to 4 partition or whatever i want which is confusing. I want to keep my two existing parititions and create a third one. Am I missing something?

I will be using grub to boot mac, any advise you can provide on what to do to successfully add mac to grub is greatly appreciated.