View Single Post

Old 10-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Jaguar

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragolas View Post
My main concern is that my card is PCI and not PCI-E...

I have tried everything, and I seem to get the usual errors that everyone else gets... Black Screen, Blue Screen, Kernel Panic... etc... I'm starting to worry that I haven't run into a solution...

With a certain combination, I get a "higher" resolution... not the desired 1600x900@60... but something like 1340x780 or... w/e. QE/CI is still not supported in this combination. It seems to be that injectors give me a kernel panic (Voodoo 9.5.0) and EFI strings give me a Black Screen or Blue Screen.

Recently I installed the 10.5.2 Opengl.framework folder over my previous one, and I no longer get tearing in VESA mode... Scrolling websites and the like works fine now... The current combination I have of kexts allows me to boot into VESA mode, but I notice that the NVDANV50HAL.kext is still loaded... I don't know, behind every door seems to be a brick wall...

Thanks for the reply though!
Have you tried chameleon rc3 or PC EFI 10.3 ?? They both offer graphics detection/enabler (no efi strings or kexts needed). Just a thought, if you haven't tried it already.

[HACK P5K]
ASUS P5K Deluxe/Wifi [ Q9650 / 8GB OCZ / EVGA 8800 GTX ]
Windows Se7en 500GB SATA
OSX 10.6.4 (vanilla-EFI) 500GB SATA
[HACK EP43]
Gigabyte EP43-DS3L [ E6700 / 8GB OCZ / PNY 250 GTS ]
Windows Vista 64bit 250 SATA
OSX 10.6.4 (vanilla-EFI) 160GB SATA