InfiniteMac OSx86  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2008, 01:29 AM

Possible New Style Of Distro?

Ok i think the days of the traditional distro are over (well they are for me at least). Since the new kernel for the majority of users the os no longer need to run patched this and that. So what I propose is an DMG of a usb drive eg pendrive that utilises either chameleon 1.0.12 (not officially released) or boot 132 with all the possible combinations of kexts (drivers on). With a util that can be launched from the OSX utillites menu or used in terminal (comeon PCWiz I know your good at this stuff). That then installs your choosen kexts. So basically you download a DMG restore to pendrive boot of that which will boot the dvd and have your chipset kext on do the standard retail install. Then use the utility before quitting installer to add kernel, chipset and maybe ethernet drivers reboot, then you can download the rest of kexts. Im putting this idea out as less messing about also I dont think I have the time to do this properly. Plus havnt got the beta of chameleon lol. Plus that means we could all go and buy OSX knowing we can get it on with just a small dmg download also this could be done in other image formats so it can be restored in windowz.