View Single Post

Old 03-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Panther

Good stuff man. My #1 priority for a mobo is that it is compatible with Leopard to the point of feeling like a real mac. I had it this way on my current system with Tiger, and I intend to get it back in Leopard with an Intel system. I honestly could care less about overclocking. I figure if I really cared that much about speeding things up, I'd rather just put another $100-$200 into a better processor or more RAM. Overclocking is fun and interesting, but I really don't enjoy it as much as others might. It's a bit tedious for me, and I'm constantly paranoid that I'm going to do something wrong. I just want a stable system. So the DS3L sounds like a perfect board as far as that is concerned. As far as a processor goes, I'm a little torn between getting a Q6600 or an E6850. I'm still not clear on whether or not the quad-core would even do anything for me in Leopard, and the E6850 is stock at 3.0ghz with a higher FSB. It's only a $20 difference between the two, so I'm a little on the fence there. Ianxxx, do you know if quad-core would be beneficial at all? Keep in mind OC isn't a concern for me...