View Single Post

Old 11-18-2009, 02:25 AM

You can try if the VoodooPower Extenions fixes your hot CPU problem.
Otherwise I my next try would be to remove AppleIntelCPUPowermanegement.kext... but remind that you will still need a Disabler for running system update (or using that looped script to delete it.)

Quote:
Say I go to .7, I can still use voodoo 9.5 to boot into it?
You can. Using a Darwin Kernel version that doesn't match with the one that belongs to your OS X version is usually no problem. But you should have an eye on the system kext version you use - it's version should match with the one of your Kernel. And some people are also getting a Kernel Panic with out using their old seatbelt.kext version when trying to mount a dmg image - that's the reason I made the advice to backup your Kernel Extensions, too.
There are also Forks of the Voodoo Kernel made by andyvand & quoopz which are based on newer Kernel versions than 9.5.0 - you'll find them at the "New Releases" sub-forum.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 - ASRock AM3A770DE - 8GB DDR3-1333 - Radeon HD 5570 1GB passiv - BCM4318 802.11b/g - Snow Leopard Retail
+++
AMD Phenom X3 8450 - ASRock AM2NF6G-VSTA (BIOS L2.39) - 4GB DDR2-800 - Radeon HD 4650 512MB - Snow Leopard Retail (retired) / OpenBSD