View Single Post

Old 02-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Cheetah

Successful Install - Maybe this can help you.

Downloaded Kalyway, iAtkos, iDeneb, Leo4all, Hazard and iPC Distributions.

The Winner: Leo4all.

Wanted to make a post to help people trying to get Hackintosh to work. Seems there are many looking for answers and few responding. This is not a slam dunk installation. If you are looking for a one-night install, it's probably not going to happen. It may take weeks to get things figured out. There are too many variables so be patient.

1) Know your hardware. What is the make of your motherboard, video card, onboard lan and onboard audio?

2) Understand no single distro is going to run the first time (unless you are lucky).

3) Selecting the correct drivers, motherboard settings and kexts are critical to getting things to work.

I'm running a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 and Nvidia GTS 250 video card. Here's what I did that finally got Hackintosh to work.

Installed iAtkos, iDeneb, Hazard and iPC. Could not get any of these to run with my hardware. Some distributions are better suited for certain types of hardware. Got Kalyway 10.5.2 with the correct driver choices to run, but stuck at 1024 X 768 resolution. Tried everything, injecting kexts, patches, efi strings and nothing worked. A few other Nvidia drivers worked at higher resolution settings but due to a software bug, the menus selections were white. Have to be able to read menus!

On a hunch tried Leo4all. Installed similar to Kalyway. Same thing happened - stuck at 1024 X 768. The audio for the Azalia codec didn't work. Remembered seeing an nvinject enabler for 1024 video cards from iDeneb and installed just the video driver. Got the resolution correct. Installed the audio driver from Kalyway and the audio was working again.

In a nutshell used the Leo4all distribution, installed the video driver from iDeneb, and the audio driver from Kalyway. Each of these distributions vary and trying to use "a newer" version resulted in a failed installation. The kexts are slightly different for the distros. Try a few different types, know what hardware you have and read as much as possible in the forums. The only person who's going to get it to run is you.

I'm also tripple booting Vista, Linux Mint and Hackintosh!

Last edited by harley_biker; 02-25-2010 at 12:01 AM.