View Single Post

Old 12-22-2008, 02:12 AM
Jaguar

nfoav8or, I really appreciate that one last thing. I know you and Lance were clowning me but it's all cool. I'm going to school for Computer Programming and Business Information Systems. Let me cut to the chase I don't know how to do the efi string or if I'm supposed to find it I tried Macvidia and it gave me resolution's but after a while the machine would display the crash screen with the power button behind it and eventually starting hanging upon booting.

(Delete/Move Geforce*.kext, NV*.kext.
Install MacVidia 1.0.81; don't restart; open terminal;
type 'sudo mkdir/NVBackup'
type 'sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/NV*.bundle /NVBackup'
then type 'sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/NV*.plugin /NVBackup'
restart - open display properties and get 1280x800.)

I got this from a guy named manofmany and I followed his instructions what he said worked but then it made my machine crash.

I read on Insanelymac that Core Image can be enabled but quartz extreme can't. I just wanted my menu bar to be transparent like everyone else's but because of my video it won't work will nfoav8or? Please could you tell me how to set up the eif string to do the efi string for my video card.

HP Pavilion Slimline s7700n:|:Athlon64x2 3800+:|:nVidia MCP51 nForce4:|:ALC888:|:nVidia GeForce 6150 LE 256MB via EFI no (CI/QE):|:1.5GB DDR2 SDRAM:|:nForce LAN (working):|:802.11b/g Wireless (not working):|:125GB WD SATA (iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5):|:125GB WD SATA (Windows Xp):|:LG DVD-RAM GH22NP20 (non-writing):|:ODB-Nfoav8or