InfiniteMac OSx86  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2009, 10:15 PM
Panther

Twitchy Leopard on AMD-Normal?

I've been just living with this for a long while, figuring it was a normal symptom of the Hackintosh on AMD way. But now I figure I may as well ask like, perhaps a n00b.
My install and practically every one before it (been so long since I've used 10.5.2 I don't even remember) has a strange little problem. Sometimes seemingly at random (but on a fairly regular basis of every few minutes), the cursor stops moving for about half a second to a second. Rarely, music playing will also skip. If I'm watching a movie or TV show at the time, the video (but usually NOT the audio) will skip a little with this cursor freeze, and during this time the hard drive light is *always* steadily on. This has behaved the same way even after installing my HD 3650 and leads me to suspect either it's CPU-related (Voodoo kernel?) or my paltry 1GB of RAM + IDE drive is at fault.
My question is simply, is this normal? I'm not complaining, it works beautifully and fast even with this little bug and hardly ruins using OS X. I was simply curious as to what might be causing this (personally I suspect RAM and hard drive rather than the Voodoo kernel or the CPU), because if I can even cure that, it would be downright perfect. Thanks in advance to anyone with a clue about this.

Custom Hackintosh...AMD Athlon X2 5000+ (2.6 GHz) on GA-MA78GM-S2H...Linksys WMP300n Wireless...ALC889a sound...ATI HD 3650 PCIe...1 GB DDR2 RAM...320GB Western Digital SATA + 200GB Seagate IDE HDD...Rosewill DVD-RW IDE...Running Kalyway upgraded to 10.5.7...All Fully Functional