InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 11-15-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisamanko View Post
can anyone help me?
Reading Your post - it seems that You actually boot using the vanilla kernel. Copy the test7 kernel to the / directory of the drive, set permissions, and during boot - write the kernel full name when prompted, to make sure it boots using the one from modbin. com.apple.Boot.plist sometimes reset it's values so it might actually boot using the original one - in this case it will reboot instantly after loading kexts.

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic music, for panoramic people.

AMD Phenom II X6 3.5Ghz
AMD 990FX Chipset
Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600Mhz
AMD Radeon HD6850 X2 CrossFire
Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB
Old 11-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
i have installed 10.5.6 did the update using iDeneb to 10.5.8 no problems etc
i tried doing the install of 10.6 on the 2nd hard drive replaced the installer etc etc etc all installs fine i did all the usual kext stuff replace the kernal etc etc but when i reboot to the 10.6 it loads the kexts but then reboots instantally so fast infact that i cant see a kernal panic. I have tried loading it with the usual man mem stuff acpi etc etc does the same thing even with -x32 -s

Im using a
AMD phenon 9950
790fx motherboard
sb600
ATI 3870 512mb
Spinpoint SATA drive
SATA DVD drive
4gb 1066 ram

any help???

i used this way of doing it and copied the ijnstall to a USB stick and modified the installer and installed on a 2nd partition

http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/09/i...pc-hackintosh/

i just did some reading and found that the kernel they give you off that site doesnt work very well so i downloaded the legacy kernel 7 ill rename that and use that.

try the re install now
I get this far and my pc haults. I have to press the reset button and then when my computer starts again all my bios setting have gone back to deafults?
Any ideas?
Old 11-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Cheetah

hi mate no im defiantly using the 7 kernel look at my picture i uploaded in my last post that's where it crashes now? Any ideas?
Old 11-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Cheetah

this is what i get now any ideas? Also when i try and boot back to 10.5.8 thats usually screwed up so i have to re install 10.5.6 and restore my ketxs etc and then i can boot back into 10.5.8.

AMD Phenom 9950 Black
MA790FX-DQ6 SB600
4GB OCZ 1066MHz ram
750GB Spint Point SATA
DVD/CD RW SATA
ATI 3870 512MB

10.5.8 ipc & Ideneb 10.5.8 Combo Update
10.6 NOT WORKING!!!

MacBook White
Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB Ram
Old 11-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Jaguar

I officially give up for now

I tried installing SL using all the AMD methods available on the net, following the exact details, but I always end up with KP, both with modbin and qoopz kernel. Vanilla kernel gives me only reboots.

I guess I'll have to wait for a better kernel. I patched DSDT, fixed RTC, edited boot plist, tried various kext combination, but it didn't work.

I see on osx86 project that one guy managed to install SL to the same MBO that I have using this guide, but I had no luck.

ATI Radeon HD3850
Old 11-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroRen View Post

I tried installing SL using all the AMD methods available on the net, following the exact details, but I always end up with KP, both with modbin and qoopz kernel. Vanilla kernel gives me only reboots.

I guess I'll have to wait for a better kernel. I patched DSDT, fixed RTC, edited boot plist, tried various kext combination, but it didn't work.

I see on osx86 project that one guy managed to install SL to the same MBO that I have using this guide, but I had no luck.

ATI Radeon HD3850
Yes mate im in the same boat as you and by the looks of it you have the same motherboard as me.

I have 10.5.8 running fine at the moment but i cant for love nor money get 10.6 to work!

I have tried everything like yourself.

GUID install
MBR install with retail disc resotred to usb stick and the osinstall modified put on it
Installed to 2nd partition hard drive
Installed other kexts removed them
Booted with everyflag combo known
And i either get a crash at Jmicron OR i get a kernal panic
and when i reset my pc all my bios settings have gone to defaults so i guess for now ill stick with 10.5.8 till 10.6 is made more viable.

AMD Phenom 9950 Black
MA790FX-DQ6 SB600
4GB OCZ 1066MHz ram
750GB Spint Point SATA
DVD/CD RW SATA
ATI 3870 512MB

10.6 NOT WORKING!!!

MacBook White
Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB Ram
Old 11-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Yes mate im in the same boat as you and by the looks of it you have the same motherboard as me.

I have 10.5.8 running fine at the moment but i cant for love nor money get 10.6 to work!

I have tried everything like yourself.

GUID install
MBR install with retail disc resorted to usb stick and the osinstall modified put on it
Installed to 2nd partition hard drive
Installed other kexts removed them
Booted with everyflag combo known
And i either get a crash at Jmicron OR i get a kernal panic
and when i reset my pc all my bios settings have gone to defaults so i guess for now ill stick with 10.5.8 till 10.6 is made more viable.
I'm on a perfectly working 10.5.5.right now, even sleep works great for me.
So, I'm really not in a hurry to get SL working to have a OSX on PC expirience, but it would be nice to have a working SL.

My problem is definitly kernel, what ever I do or try I end up with KP. I have no BIOS reseting problems, though.

Hopefully, there will be a smoother non vanilla SL kernel in a month or two. With few more updates SL will probably only get better till then
Old 11-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
I'm on a perfectly working 10.5.5.right now, even sleep works great for me.
So, I'm really not in a hurry to get SL working to have a OSX on PC expirience, but it would be nice to have a working SL.

My problem is definitly kernel, what ever I do or try I end up with KP. I have no BIOS reseting problems, though.

Hopefully, there will be a smoother non vanilla SL kernel in a month or two. With few more updates SL will probably only get better till then
Wjy dont you upgrade to 10.5.8? use the iDeneb 10.5.8 Combo Kit! then you can have all the latest updates, safari etc

AMD Phenom 9950 Black
MA790FX-DQ6 SB600
4GB OCZ 1066MHz ram
750GB Spint Point SATA
DVD/CD RW SATA
ATI 3870 512MB

10.6 NOT WORKING!!!

MacBook White
Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB Ram
Old 12-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Cheetah

Quote:

ATI Radeon HD3850
[quote=RetroRen;39607]I officially give up for now

try to use a better SL or a retail version, i had the same problem
Old 12-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Jaguar

[quote=tr33stan;40417]
Quote:

try to use a better SL or a retail version, i had the same problem
There are two things keeping you from a working system. One is that the Phenom II X2 550 runs at 3.1 GHz. OS X has a problem with running with a higher multiplier than 15 on AMD systems and will instantly reboot after choosing the OS in Chameleon. Set the multiplier to 15 (3.0GHz) and you should be good. The other thing is having more than 4GB of RAM. Use the switch "maxmem=4096 -v" without quotes in your com.apple.Boot.plist or at Chameleon when choosing the OS. It isn't in the graphical options, but if you just start typing you'll see it at the bottom of the screen. Also make sure that you're using AHCI mode for all SATA controllers until you get the system going.

I personally have a Phenom II 550 and a GA-MA790FX-DS5 (nearly the same chipset) and used these methods to successfully boot Snow Leopard.

Good luck.

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.

Hackintosh 1: OS X 10.6.8 / Antec P180B / Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DS5 / Phenom II x2 550 @ 3.4 GHz / 2x1GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 MHz / Gigabyte Radeon 4550 512MB / ASUS EAH4870X2 2GB@ 800/950 / 2x150GB Velociraptors RAID 0
Hackintosh 2: OS X 10.6.8 / Full-ATX Mac Pro case / Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-UD5P / Phenom x4 9950 @3.2GHz / 4x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 MHz / HIS Radeon HD 6950 u/l to 6970 / 2x300GB Velociraptors RAID 0 / 4x2TB WD20EARS Pictures

Last edited by blackknight; 12-02-2009 at 06:18 PM.