View Single Post

Old 02-20-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisin666 View Post
How do you fixed sleep???
Sleep is the only thing that doesn't work on my pc (And the IDE channel)
Honestly, I don't know how I did it.
When I first installed 10.5, sleep never worked, it would try to go to sleep, then it will wake up by itself, also when I used sleepenabler and put to sleep, it would sleep but the fan (CPU, PW,VGA) still ran!

When SL came out, I installed 10.6.2 Hazard but still no sleep. I never had a issue not dectecting IDE channels as two of my optical drives are IDE and reads the disc in there fine.

Updated to 10.6.3, 10.6.5, 10.6.6 still no sleep.

Then when I went to 10.6.7 with Nawcom Lecacy kernel with sleepenabler for 10.6.7 and latest chameleon at that time. But no multibeast...... Voila!
Sleep worked.

Maybe it has to do with Sleepenabler.kext and combination of Chameleon bootloader and kernel.

I now have that setup as back up and spent time installing Retail verson 10.6.3 with Nawcom bootCD, and updated to 10.6.8 with latest chameleon, sleepenabler 10.6.8, AnV V8-R2 kernel for 64bit userland and sleep still works.

I hear so many stories about sleep and I tried every possible way and I almost gave up, but since 10.6.7, it started to sleep.
Also, I need to mention BIOS setting. I could either put S3 or Auto, and both still works. I have Cool n Quite enabled and PWM is set at silent.
I even overclock my CPU and enable 4 core active and seems to have no issue.

My mobo is ASUS M4A78T-E (3 year old system) so I don't know if my situation would work on yours. Good Luck.

Moved to INTEL
i5-2500K / GA-Z77-DS3H / HD5770
OS X 10.7.4 all working!
Win 7 ultimate running on Parallel

Last edited by todesto; 02-20-2012 at 09:23 PM.