View Single Post

Old 03-31-2012, 04:18 PM
Cheetah

Broken Hackintosh - Cant Boot & No Support

Hi All

First post and hopefully you can assist. I'm aware I might not be in the right forum so any directions appreciated

To cut a long story short, my Hackintosh media centre running Snow Leopard is now failing to boot and wont get to the splash screen that had a Chameleon on it. Unfortunately I cant remember the build but it might be iAtkos?

My father was an avid x86 / Hackintosh builder but unfortunately he passed away in November, and despite my computer savvy, I dont have enough to diagnose the problem on my own.

The box itself contains a main drive with the OS, and a second drive with all my music, photos etc... so obviously I'm keen to either (a) get it running again or (b) at the very least, recover my valuable data. I took a backup a few months back but will lose some photos

When I power on the machine, the disk whirrs, it goes to some BIOS splash screens - more slowly than usual - then stops at a certain stage. I'm attaching screenshots to help explain the failure point. The final stage is where it says "DISK BOOT FAILURE. INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER".

I suspect it hasnt even got to the OSX load point, and this is a boot / DOS issue but cant be sure

If anyone has seen something similar, or can guide me to a solution of sorts, I'd really really appreciate it

Many thanks
D