InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 09-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Jaguar

I have 3 line outs and 1 Digital out. The first line out works fine with the speakers that are connected in the back panel.

I used to have speakers AND headphones working in Leopard (10.5.6) with patched AppleHDA. I know I can't use Leopard's AppleHDA, but can I somehow copy its setup (considering that now I have a patched DSDT and patched AppleHDA according to this thread)?
Old 09-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Cheetah

your msi p35 neo run 10.6 in vanilla???? The mine won't boot.... I've modded bios for leopard and work's great. 10.6 boot only with SnowOSX Universal (432) 3.5 but don't recognize the disk... do you have a tutorial??

Grazie..
Old 09-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsieur.d View Post
I have 3 line outs and 1 Digital out. The first line out works fine with the speakers that are connected in the back panel.

I used to have speakers AND headphones working in Leopard (10.5.6) with patched AppleHDA. I know I can't use Leopard's AppleHDA, but can I somehow copy its setup (considering that now I have a patched DSDT and patched AppleHDA according to this thread)?
http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide...a-to-sl-t3981/

Anyway, by headphone do you mean the front jack? If so, have you tried plugging in a headphone? It might have jack-sensing enabled. Plugging in a headphone to front port will mute line out at the back. Try this and check in sound pref if one of your outputs change into 'headphone' once you plug it in.

Core2Quad / MSI P45 Neo2-FR / HD4870 / Snow Leopard
Old 09-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Jaguar

Yes, by headphones I mean the front jack.

I tried connecting the headphones both in the headphone out and the mic in and nothing happened.

I'll try your guide and post back. thanks
Old 09-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Jaguar

Dear mormegil,

Thanks for the orientation. All I needed to do was to edit the "plist" files using the plists I had working under Leopard.

Now I have "Headphones" (front jack) in the sound preferences and it works just fine.

D
Old 09-22-2009, 08:55 AM
Cheetah

Configdata/ pinconfig

I have a quick question about what I do and do not need to include in my HDEF mod.s in the DSDT.
On the initial pages and guide in first post, it seems that Pinconfig/Configdata is not needed in the DSDT itself as it will read that from the plists in AppleHDA.kext. However, in later posts I see a lot of DSDTs with that data inserted. So......if the AppleHDA is correct does the DSDT really need these info.s also? If the answer is no, then this will give me one less variable to work with in my experiments.
Thanks for the excellent guide by the way and I promise not to be a serial re-poster about this. Just want to get this one point clear.
Thank you.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniHack View Post
I have a quick question about what I do and do not need to include in my HDEF mod.s in the DSDT.
On the initial pages and guide in first post, it seems that Pinconfig/Configdata is not needed in the DSDT itself as it will read that from the plists in AppleHDA.kext. However, in later posts I see a lot of DSDTs with that data inserted. So......if the AppleHDA is correct does the DSDT really need these info.s also? If the answer is no, then this will give me one less variable to work with in my experiments.
Thanks for the excellent guide by the way and I promise not to be a serial re-poster about this. Just want to get this one point clear.
Thank you.
Here

You DON'T need pinconfig in dsdt. You DO however need Configdata in plist.

Core2Quad / MSI P45 Neo2-FR / HD4870 / Snow Leopard
Old 09-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Cheetah

Thank you

Thanks Mormegil and Snow. I now have working audio in Snow Leopard from DSDT and modded AppleHDA.kext with my Zotac board....took a while, but finally figured things out.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Cheetah

ALC882 Not Working

Hello there Mormegil and Snow, i've been following your posts and replies and i respect your work.
While following I tried very hard to fix my ALC882 on my ASUS Z96Js laptop but got nothing.

Can you guys help me out or guide me in any ways possible.
I have attached my DSDT + CODEC DUMP from linux.

My current system is as follows.

Snow Leo 10.6.2

ALC882 with
1 - 1/8" headphone/speaker jack in front
1 - 1/8" line-in jack in front
1 - Internal Speakers
1 - Internal Mic

Please help me out guys, i will be very thankful
Attached Files
File Type: zip dsdt.zip (9.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: zip alc882_dump.zip (1.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 12-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Cheetah

ALC889a Sound issue on P55 UD4P

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to fix the audio on my Snow Leopard 10.6.2 install. My hardware is listed below. I tried using VoodooHDA, LegacyHDA and modified AppleHDA. The best I can get is either the Back speakers to work or the Sub and Center speaker to work. I would like to enable the 5.1 sound, as I have the speakers connected via 3 pins to the PC. Based on what I have read in this forum, there might be hope for me yet, but I need some guidance.

If you need additional information please let me know and I will provide.

Gigabyte P55 UD4P
i7 860 Overclocked at 3.5
Kingston Memory 8GB (2000)
BFG Geforce GTS 250 Video Card
LG SATA Internal DVD Writer

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.