View Single Post

Old 12-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Cheetah

First I have to thank you for this guide, because it is awesome and I now have a working Snow Leopard installation on a separate HD.

My current issue is trying to get this HD and my prior Windows 7 HD installation dual booting. I used a separate PC with a Leopard installation to follow this guide and setup a stand alone 500GB SL installation. It is formatted to GPT and has Chameleon installed. If I only have this HD installed in my machine it boots into SL and works great. As soon as I reconnect my Win 7 MBR HD, Chameleon doesn't come up and it boots into Windows 7.

I've tried various things, but I'm apparently missing something or doing something wrong.

I've tried putting my Win 7 MBR HD in my Leopard PC and installing Chameleon on that using the manual instructions, but I quickly ran into an issue where there is already a Boot directory, which conflicted with me putting the boot file on the disk. It's possible this has left me in a bad state, however, I did use the Win 7 DVD to repair after that failed to startup.

I've tried using easyBCD to create a mac entry in my windows 7 boot loader, but that failed to load my second HD. The current version doesn't apparently let you specify which disk it is on and assumes it is on C:\? I'm guessing that could be the issue here.

I've tried putting bootthink on my window 7 drive. It starts up, but fails to recognize my SL drive. I'm not certain why this is.

Next, I read that simply marking the MBR inactive might let Chameleon boot up, so I used GParted Live to mark MBR non-boot, but that resulted in :

boot0: testing
boot0: testing
boot0: error

For now, I'm probably going to go back into GParted and mark the MBR bootable again just to fix my windows 7 disk, but I would really like to get this working with both drives.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks