View Single Post

Old 10-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamexp View Post
I couldnt read all the post so please forgive me if its already answered

Were you guys able to get the onboard graphics working? Full resolution and QE support?

If so please give me some sort of a guide or tip....

Thanks in advance
AFAIK it's not working so buy a cheap video card like the 9500GT or higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashead76 View Post
Ok, I am for the most part new to dsdt patching.. Here's my problem.

I used the dsdt.aml from the snow.zip. Install goes great, boots up great. Only, I have no networking at all! I have an asus 138g-wl wireless pci card (I think that's it, works well in 10.5). My board is the ES2L version 2, so I know that builtin Ethernet does not work.

Anyway, if I remove the dsdt.aml from the zip in this guide and replace it with the one I was using for 10.5 (just the rtc fix), network starts right up.. But I lose the fixes in the new dsdt! Like, the CMOS reset fix, sound, etc..

Any suggestions? I looked at the decompiled versions of the old versus the new, I have no idea what I am looking at though.

Thanks.
it's always recommended to create your own DSDT, ive attached my own dsdt for comparison only but w/ the same board it can still be used. please check the credits on page 1, all the fixes are there and linked (audio, RTC, EHCi). You can use DSDT SE by Evoteam for simple copy paste patching or you can use other tools out there using the newer iASL sept. version

case: G4 QuicksilverSnow 10.6.2● Gigabyte G31M-ES2L rev1 F10 Bios ● Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 ● XFX 9600GT Extreme Ed ● 4GB TeamElite Xtreeme 1066Mhz ● PCI 3port Firewire 400 ● PCI Linksys WMP300N v1 ● Apple Magic Mouse ● Apple Aluminum Keyboard ● 23inch Apple HD Cinema Display ● uMacbook Pro 2.4 ● MacMini 1.8 HT ● White 24 iMac 2.16 ●