View Single Post

Old 12-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowrider View Post
One other question...

How safe is using software update in 10.6? There have been some pretty significant updates and I'm just wondering the risk factor when installed from a retail disc.
it's safe to update from 10.6.0 to 10.6.2 provided that you remove sleepenabler first before updating and replace it with a newer version of sleepenabler after (get the kext from netkas).

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowrider View Post
Sorry everyone another thing just popped up.

Using this guide as a finishing step the Please Sleep kext is loaded onto the system. My question is: Do you have to have the Please Sleep kext and the program loaded in order for the sleep function to work correctly?

Thanks

Steve
PleaseSleep is a fix for "automatic sleep", even without this app "manual" sleep works just fine. Note that 'the_accidental' from here and insanelymac has a working automatic sleep on his ES2L F10 bios but even after copying his bios settings to the dot or a new install, it's still wont work on me.. weird e.

also a much better alternative is a script called "RIP" from here, both works on my machine but i prefer RIP since it doesn't involve an ugly menubar icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuubar View Post
Can anybody post the correct BIOS settings for the G31M-ES2L please?

I can't get around the "still waiting for root device" error. I've tried several IDE/SATA settings according to the OSX86 wiki where the problem is mentioned.

My setup is an ide-attached DVD-Rom and an completely unformatted SATA harddrive. As installation method i've chosen the external usb stick. Strangely both devices (hdd,dvd) turn on just before the message of the missing device appears.

thanks for any advice!
i believe i already posted it a few pages back but i'll save you the trouble in looking for it..

here is a PDF came from weeksauce12 from his old 10.5.7 leopard tutorial (Slytherine).: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3168149/BIOS_Settings_ES2L.pdf

case: G4 QuicksilverSnow 10.6.2● Gigabyte G31M-ES2L rev1 F10 Bios ● Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 ● XFX 9600GT Extreme Ed ● 4GB TeamElite Xtreeme 1066Mhz ● PCI 3port Firewire 400 ● PCI Linksys WMP300N v1 ● Apple Magic Mouse ● Apple Aluminum Keyboard ● 23inch Apple HD Cinema Display ● uMacbook Pro 2.4 ● MacMini 1.8 HT ● White 24 iMac 2.16 ●