View Single Post

Old 11-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Jaguar

Not all Ati 4650 video card works on Snow. I have an Asus EAH4650 1gb ddr2 (low profile) and it just doesn't work. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about it unless someone made a patched driver to make it work. I was informed that 46xx drivers would work natively on Snow, so I went ahead and purchased one. To my surprise, not all cards work .. some do.

I've gathered some info and so far, Sapphire branded 4650 only works. However, this is NOT certain. Only 2 of reported so far. I'm not 100% sure that all SAPPHIRE cards will work.

By the way, did you modify and added own your dev id's in both ati2000.kext and ATI4600Controller.kext (from vanilla 10.6.2 ati drivers, not beta)? If you will not add it, it will not work. Also, you have to copy the boot file that netkas made, you should copy it on /.

After thank make sure that you have GraphicsEnabler enabled or in "y" in boot.plist.

If after doing that and you still have black screen .. were on the same boat and lets be sad until someone fixes this. I'm not even sure if it will be fixed.

We we're suspecting that the ATISupport.kext and ATIFramebuffer.kext is causing this issue.

While in Black Screen, I used VNC to remote access my osx and found out that all kext are loaded but it does not detect the monitor. So the problem looks like a port detection problem. Netkas suggested to use DVI > DVI only (without dongle adapters) and he also suggested to replug after boot - still no joy. Just to let you know, I also tried DVI to VGA / DVI > VGA dongle > VGA > VGA > HDMI to HDMI .. all scenarios are nogo.

Also, what is the exact model of your card. I'm planning to replace my asus with a different brand.

Cheers.

Last edited by MonkeyDLuffy; 11-16-2009 at 12:55 AM.