View Single Post

Old 08-31-2009, 03:17 AM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterav View Post
Hi, you forgot the most import pages that will lead to the first kernel panic! Or gray bootscreen with a Stop Sign. Atleast when its not patched and it doesn't have to be patched... The harddisk modes! I will upload my pictures latter today. But there is a lot you can change...

All 6 ich9r + 2 jmicron esata ports work great! So more sata equipment is a good investment.

See attachement,
BTW I underclocked my SYSTEM so change multiplier from 6 > 9 to get it on 2,4 ghz. This must be done on 2 pages in bios...
Thanks again for your help walterav.
I have manually installed a boot-loader on my EFI partition - which is now working and honours my com.apple.Boot.plist. I couldn't get Chameleon V2 (using EFI installer option) to read any of my config files from EFI, only as stand-alone install.... which I don't want.
I will apply your BIOS settings . . . but also thinking of booting into OS X installer (via boot 132) and swapping out my bloated Extensions folder with a pure vanilla 10.5.8 backup that I have kept. Fix permissions and rebuild Extensions.mkext.
I'll then put minimal patched kexts / injectors in EFI partition to experiment and get an idea for my fresh install later.
Once again - thank you for taking to time to help.

Haven't hosed it yet - but give me time
ROFL - just noticed already that all my drives show up as SATA and work (????)

Last edited by fishcow; 08-31-2009 at 04:26 AM.