View Single Post

Old 08-27-2009, 01:50 AM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterav View Post
Just forget the IDE jmicron controller, everything else works on this board, esata + hotswap, comports, firewire usb, all audio in and out, all 6x ich9r sata, sleep/wake etc "system updates".

The only thing that makes the system instable is jmicron ide, with more than 2gb RAM... you have kernel panics, or with patched drivers you are on the buggy site of the osx86 experience.

If you want to continue this way I can only tell you to boot with -f parameter you already figured out. The thing is that the patched jmicron.kext which contains the device-id of your jmicron controller can't be loaded within the mkext, therefor the system without "-f" boot option will not be able to find the OS located on the IDE disk... If you boot with -f it will somehow try and loads the patched jmicron driver and it works...

Go with a GUID partition table if the harddisk is empty anyway. Go without any zip archives from someone else...

Try to run your own Install with as less patches as possible. This is the most easy to maintain in the end.

Waht do you mean btw with "3 profit?"
Thanks for the advice, I guess I will shrink my Windows 7 partition and try it there. The profit was a joke from an old forum - some times I can't help myself. I will report back with the results.