View Single Post

Old 09-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeytribbiani View Post
Hi!

Hello!
I have followed some of your guide and got my network to run(THANKS ). It all seems to run stable at 64bit. However, I can not get the sound working.

I have installed snow loepard using Chameleon RC2 v3 and used these Kext :
AD1988b.Fix.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
fakesmc.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
Disabler.kext

Setup:
Asus P5K-E WIFI
E6750 @ 3.4 GHz
4GB RAM
250GB SATA HDD
GeForce 7300LE 256mb

Where do I find my "DSDT.aml" ? The replacement, just drag and drop?

Sincerely Joey (:

apologize for bad English

You need small tool named iasl to decompile and compile your DSDT.aml to DSDT.dsl and the other way around .

to get the DSDT from your system you need another script called getDSDT.sh

You can get your "starter kit" here :[ATTACH]tools.zip[/ATTACH], just download it and put it on your Desktop

I included a copy of my DSDT.dsl ( use it only for comparison don't drag and drop on your system it will not work ! )

to get your DSDT from your system open terminal and go to to your "starter kit" aka tools directory

e.g

Code:
cd Desktop/tools/
Code:
./getDSDT.sh

you will now have a new file called dsdt.dat . you can't modify this so you have to decompile it first

Code:
./iasl -d dsdt.dat
and you should see something like this :

Code:
Intel ACPI Component Architecture
AML Disassembler version 20080926 [Oct  4 2008]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

Loading Acpi table from file dsdt.dat
Acpi table [DSDT] successfully installed and loaded
Pass 1 parse of [DSDT]
Pass 2 parse of [DSDT]
Parsing Deferred Opcodes (Methods/Buffers/Packages/Regions)
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Parsing completed
Disassembly completed, written to "dsdt.dsl"

and now you can modify the newly created dsdt.dsl (you can also compare it to the one i added in the "starter kit" to see where are the differences )

just open it with a text editor and add your patches ( read about patching ad1988b here and when you finish adding, just recompile the file with this command:

Code:
./iasl -ta dsdt.dsl
if everything goes well you should see this:

Code:
Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20080926 [Oct  4 2008]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

ASL Input:  dsdt.dsl - 10047 lines, 335962 bytes, 4861 keywords
AML Output: dsdt.aml - 37950 bytes, 1074 named objects, 3787 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 47 Optimizations
and you will have a file called dsdt.aml in your directory . Just drag this file on your root volume and restart

how yooou doin'