View Single Post

Old 10-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by justluke View Post
Hello everyone

Thank you all for your contributions to this guide. I have been able to follow it piece by piece and now have a sometimes-functional SL install on my P5K-E.

I am having a couple problems that I don't seem to be able to find answers to here, so far.

The first one, and I feel that it is really simple and I just missed the boat - is the WiFi. I haven't heard mention of it outside of something related to "RealTek drivers". I missed the boat here, I have no idea where my WiFi is.
I don't use the built in wifi adapter and I think a lot of people doesn't, so that's why you won't find anything related, here. The chipset inside your p5k-e wifi/ap is Realtek 8187L you can download and try the drivers for 10.5 here. I don't know if they are working with 10.6 in 64 mode, maybe you can tell us after.

Quote:
The other boat I missed is the /Extras folder. Currently in my Snow HD /Extras is empty :S

I was able to get SL to boot with no flags once, but after a restart it would hang. I don't have the error anymore, something about AppleAHD maybe? I reinstalled as per the guide, and it would boot again only the one time before I would lose it. Renira's situation seemed similar at first, so I attempted to use KextUtility but it would only time out. I also have been unable to repair disk permissions for SL. It says something about packages not installed.

Please use Chameleon 2 RC 3 as bootloader read more about extra folder and get it here

Quote:
Snow Leopard also shows my Nvidia GTS 8600 as unknown 32mb
Did you added your strings in com.apple.boot.plist ?

Quote:
I've read so much and learned so much that my brain is quitting on me. I am hopeful that one of the generous contributors here will be able to collect my thoughts and point me in the right direction.
Don't give up now when you're so close to a perfect HacPro. Back to learning !