View Single Post

Old 06-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Cheetah

As far as the audio is concerned, i never got mine to work without Voodoo. My ethernet (88E8056) was however working but since an update from Apple, the details of which i can't remember and which i clearly shouldn't have installed, it hasn't worked. While this is not too helpful, maybe that's what is preventing yours from working - it may not be a hackintosh issue. Unfortunately for me, the update was so long ago that the Time Machine backups are useless now to reverse the situation... anybody with any ideas, please help... and btw, i went back to W7 for a week and then missed Mac so much i went back again - i wouldn't advise it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortonruk View Post
Hello!

Firstly I'd just like to say how helpful this forum has been for me in trying to understand some of the hackintosh concepts such as DSDT's, Kexts, permissions, terminal commands etc.

Unfortunately, however I try, I cannot seem to get a stable install of Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (or higher) on my system. I will begin by listing my system specs. and what I have tried so far and I hope you guys will help me further

Motherboard: Asus P5K-E Wifi AP (bios rev.1305)
Processor: Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66
Ram: 4GB DDR2-800.
Audio: AD1988b
Network: Marvell Yukon 88E8056

Also I should point out I simply have 1 500gb SATA HD and 1 CD-RW drive both configured to AHCI in my bios. I am also using a USB Keyboard & Mouse.

Ok down to the nitty gritty...

After scouring the net for a solution that seemed to be easy for a beginner like myself, I came across the myHack installer (uses chameleon bootloader). I checked off all the boxes in terms of the required hardware for a successfull install so I thought to myself, great.. this sounds like the one!

However.. I have managed to get it installed and boot into Snow Leopard successfully but I can not get my Audio/Network up and running alongside the 10.6.2 patch.
I have downloaded the pack at the start of this guide and tried to use the AD1988b.Fix.kext alongside the edited DSDT file (which I placed in /Volumes/SnowLeopard/Extra) and at some point this did work but I actually can't remember how I did this (stupid I know).
I also edited my Info.plist file to enable my network card and I also got this to work in the first install I did (alongisde the audio) except I was stupid enough to update to 10.6.2 without backing any of this up and subsequently lost the lot.

Where I am confused is this... The myHack installer states that it is safe to update to all the way to 10.6.3 using the kexts that are provided with the installer without any kernel panics or errors. On my first attempt at installing I did have everything working as it should but obviously mixing kexts from the pack at the start of this guide and those contained in the myHack installer has caused my system to become unstable somewhere down the line. I have also come to the conclusion that the edited DSDT.aml file may have caused some problems?

Sorry for the extremely long post and poor grammar but I am coming to the end of my tether with trying to get Snow Leopard installed and functioning on this system and I am even contemplating installing Windows 7! My previous OS was the iPC 10.5.6 Distro which worked flawlessly on my system.

Thanks Again to you all for the information I have gained already and I hope some of you may be able to put me on the right path with how to get this working!

Regards,
Ortonruk