View Single Post

Old 11-18-2010, 03:34 AM
Puma

Speed Stepping and temp control

Long time no post.
I have a dilemma that I'm hoping one of you fine people could help me out with.

I have been successful in applying enough dsdt patches posted here to enable the use of native PowerManagement and therefore Shutdown, Restart and Sleep all working in dsdt.
I would like next to try and take control of the stupid-high CPU temps I'm getting running Apple's PowerManagement.

I have found a lot of conflicting and confusing information regarding editing dsdt and entering P State tables etc. I also tried using Q6600 patches available in many dsdt editing software in combination with voodooMonitor - but frankly I didn't see any changes.

I saw mention of Chameleon 2 RC5 (218) which has P and C States injection, but it's been a long time since I have had to install a new boot loader (still using RC3 here) and a bit sketchy on how best to go about trying this out.

I have since reverted to a dsdt that doesn't have any _CST methods inserted by any patching.
I have confirmed that AppleLPC is loading.

Just not sure if I can jump from RC3 to RC5 by just swapping out the boot file and editing the com.apple.Boot.plist to add in the new flags for p and c states injection.

I think that about covers it.
Any help appreciated.

BTW, because I'm still on Chameleon RC3 - I still have PlatformUUID and OSXRestart in my E/E .
I assume I should get rid of those if I can install the new bootloader?

P5K-E Wifi/AP
Q6600
9800GT