View Single Post

Old 08-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Jaguar

What version of SL and which Bootloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goopnzaopleopz9 View Post
Hi, I'm trying to install Snow Leopard on my Compaq Presario C762nr notebook. I have a nearly perfect install of 10.5 on one partition. I've tried following different tutorials, but nothing seems to get me past this kernel panic (pic shown at bottom). I've tried everything, and I can't seem to figure it out. Can anyone help me?

Another issue is I can't create a patched DSDT.aml to boot with, because I always get errors no matter what I use. I tried fassl's GUI utility, but it ALWAYS tells me "Build Failed". I don't have any luck using a forced compiled DSDT.aml, just the same kind of panic. Someone please help!
Since we can see a beta kernel I assume it's the version 10a380 . I also think you're using Chameleon RC1 or RC2. Maybe try with this SaCleoCheater's bootloader and also read his post starting with :

Quote:
*****UPDATE 2*****
If you are up-halted by a Kernel Panic on boot, skip Step 1 and Step 2 and instead follow these instructions: ..................
If you still want to use RC1 or RC2 you have to generate an Extensions.mkext file

Read about that here ( scroll down to "Permanent boot" section )