InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Leopard 10.5 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   The apple logo keeps spinning after successful install what to do? (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=1705)

nfoav8or 12-22-2008 07:51 AM

@ schr3531: can you post the specs you did from your first post in this thread to your signature? this would be very helpful when doing first glances with what you are saying. Thanks bud.

Now on to the problem...
1) A BIOS setting of AHCI should be flagged for use in your BIOS.
2) You aren't typing the quotation marks into the boot flags right? it really shouldn't skip over it and hold at the kernel name. try the DVD again with just the boot flag:
Code:

cpus=1
after you've changed your BIOS settings.

Which version of iAtkos is it? what system version will it install?

The retail kernel should run on your processor. I'm 95% sure of this... I'll do some checking.

schr3531 12-22-2008 08:23 AM

1) I changed the bios setting
2) Haha! No quotations, but i wasn't putting a space between the boot flags earlier. Tried the DVD again with the "cpus=1" boot flag and it is still getting hung up at "kernel version:..."
3)iATKOS v. 1.0i Mac OS X Leopard 10.5. Haven't used it yet tho

schr3531 12-22-2008 08:29 AM

By the way, I only changed that one BIOS setting: Configure SATA as AHCI

nfoav8or 12-22-2008 08:51 AM

I just did a quick search and found that your board (ASUS P5Q3 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard) uses the Intel P45 Northbridge (NB) chipset and the Intel ICH10R Southbridge (SB) chipset.

This is going to be a real bitch... yeah, I know. I said it. but it is. sorry.

I'll point you to where you can get more help... but this is something that I don't feel comfortable telling people to do (flashing their BIOS)...

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.p...ic=112033&st=0

starting with post #21 you start to see where it all starts.

I had hoped I could help more with this... I don't own this board (so I am not that fluent on it) and to be honest, I really recommend not going through this unless you REALLY know what you are doing and feel ballsy.

Sorry bud.

I can give more explanation by explaining things I've read at that link though so feel free to ask about it.

EDIT: if it was a Gigabyte P45 board I'd be thrilled to help (as it can practically install retail OS X) but it isn't... man this is a bummer.

EDIT #2: well ok, so it really isn't that bad... but the potential is still there to ruin your board. read post #30 at that link and it will give full explanations as to what you need to do. Just be aware that there may be some pitfalls later on. Don't say it wasn't warned against.

Best of luck. The board should be a sweet Hackintosh if you can get it working.

lanceomni 12-22-2008 12:51 PM

If it does come down to flashing your bios DO NOT use the Asus Update utility from windows. Even the Asus representatives say it pretty much always borks your system.

I used this tool despite knowing it was a bad idea (I do that kinda thing often) It is possible to fry your bios for good and if your not lucky enough to have a removable bios chip your whole mobo will have to go.

Alphaman 12-22-2008 07:22 PM

Nfoav8or the Efi worked perfectly but when I installed Macvidia it once again messed up my machine but I've read that Core Image is supported with that video card I just wanted to make my menu bar transparent but it isn't possible with this onboard video is it because if so it would have already been transparent correct? I have a question though, with Kalyway 10.5.2 I can shutdown my machine but I can't restart as you know i have to pull out the plug is their a way I can fix that so I can restart it. For example, when I install a kext and it asks me to reboot I go to reboot it and the apple logo sign just keeps spinning but it won't reboot but I can shut it down though.

nfoav8or 12-22-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphaman (Post 19773)
Nfoav8or the Efi worked perfectly but when I installed Macvidia it once again messed up my machine but I've read that Core Image is supported with that video card I just wanted to make my menu bar transparent but it isn't possible with this onboard video is it because if so it would have already been transparent correct? I have a question though, with Kalyway 10.5.2 I can shutdown my machine but I can't restart as you know i have to pull out the plug is their a way I can fix that so I can restart it. For example, when I install a kext and it asks me to reboot I go to reboot it and the apple logo sign just keeps spinning but it won't reboot but I can shut it down though.

Well get rid of MacVidia and stick with EFI. I don't think you are going to get CI/QE with just EFI. We'll have to look into some other options later.

as for the restart. You have a couple options here... one is to open Terminal:
Code:

sudo reboot
or
Code:

sudo -s
reboot

the other option is to use a fix I found and will PM you with a link. Give it a try, but I am not guaranteeing that it will work 100% as I have never used it.

Alphaman 12-23-2008 05:18 AM

nfoav8or and lance after I do the efi strings the machine will work wonders until I restart it and then it won't let me in the machine it gives me the apple loading sign just spinning a.k.a the loop so I think I'm just going to leave it at 1024x768 , millions because it works for a minute then a problem comes and i don't want to keep bugging you and Lance but I'd be glad if you could tell me where to purchase a good low profile or half height pci video card that I can put in this machine that would give me Core image and quartz extreme. or atleaset give allow to play videos and a transparent menu bar. I would disable my onboard and pop that in quick fast in a hurry.

nfoav8or 12-23-2008 07:44 AM

The issue with this request is that you aren't going to find many low-profile graphics cards that will give a lot of features.

Here's a 7300GS: http://www.nextag.com/Jaton-Video-PX...9AAB8675FCF9E0

or just go go to nextage.com and search for "low profile pci video card" and it will give you listings of them... then it will point you on to where you can buy them. Hope it helps.

Alphaman 12-23-2008 05:39 PM

Do you know if they are any kexts to get a dvd burner working? My burner can read and I can pull things off of cd's but I can play movies or burn things.