InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Asus K50IN (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4409)

RGGG 02-03-2011 03:52 AM

Well after much fiddling, I gave up, copied all my documents and decided to start fresh.

I first tried the Boot CD with a retail 10.6.3 disc, this failed to boot, and ended with a KP. I Believe it had to do with the graphics enabler, though I can't be sure. Safe mode did the same thing.

I then decided to try the retail disc with my iBoot disc, and it does indeed load and install. Graphics appear to be working alright, although there is some issues with QE/CI as when dropping a widget on the dashboard it would stutter and give artifacts every now and then. Webcam also did not work, nor did WIFI, but I am running a different card, and didn't expect it anyways.

So after I got it to boot, I downloaded the 10.6.6 combo update, and installed it, rebooted, and am stuck where I was before. I'm thinking I should have installed the FakeSMC from 10.5.6 after installing the update but before restarting. I'll try that another night though.

Anyone have any ideas on how to boot the 10.6.3 retail disc without iBoot, or how to use iBoot but re-enable stuff like the webcam? I have an original 10.6 disc as well, but if I remember correctly, I had to disable GraphicsEnabler to get that to boot as well.

Any ideas?

Ryan

hoffbrandm 02-03-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGGG (Post 52608)
Well after much fiddling, I gave up, copied all my documents and decided to start fresh.

I first tried the Boot CD with a retail 10.6.3 disc, this failed to boot, and ended with a KP. I Believe it had to do with the graphics enabler, though I can't be sure. Safe mode did the same thing.

I then decided to try the retail disc with my iBoot disc, and it does indeed load and install. Graphics appear to be working alright, although there is some issues with QE/CI as when dropping a widget on the dashboard it would stutter and give artifacts every now and then. Webcam also did not work, nor did WIFI, but I am running a different card, and didn't expect it anyways.

So after I got it to boot, I downloaded the 10.6.6 combo update, and installed it, rebooted, and am stuck where I was before. I'm thinking I should have installed the FakeSMC from 10.5.6 after installing the update but before restarting. I'll try that another night though.

Anyone have any ideas on how to boot the 10.6.3 retail disc without iBoot, or how to use iBoot but re-enable stuff like the webcam? I have an original 10.6 disc as well, but if I remember correctly, I had to disable GraphicsEnabler to get that to boot as well.

Any ideas?

Ryan

webcam will only work with an asus driver so no go there.

RGGG 02-03-2011 02:31 PM

Webcam used to work, albeit upside down before....I think I'm about the only person who enjoyed it being upside down lol!

Thought about it more last night, and read through more, and I think I'm going to try iBoot to 10.6.3, then combo update to 10.6.6, before restarting, install the new fakesmc and man_of_the_oaks extra's and see what happens!

Ryan

flip360 02-11-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGGG (Post 52614)
Webcam used to work, albeit upside down before....I think I'm about the only person who enjoyed it being upside down lol!

Thought about it more last night, and read through more, and I think I'm going to try iBoot to 10.6.3, then combo update to 10.6.6, before restarting, install the new fakesmc and man_of_the_oaks extra's and see what happens!

Ryan

the native wifi card and the webcam work in 10.6.6. for the second use igoogles to straighten it! :)

man_of_the_oak 02-12-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 52688)
the native wifi card and the webcam work in 10.6.6. for the second use igoogles to straighten it! :)

You mean iGlasses? :P

flip360 02-17-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by man_of_the_oak (Post 52715)
You mean iGlasses? :P

LOL, too much android, yes :)

neonego 02-27-2011 12:40 PM

hi guys, any alternative to iGlasses that will work on Facetime?

Kondor_PL 03-02-2011 02:09 PM

Hi everybody!

Links to many files are out of date. If possible, please give new links to the SL version 10.6.5 or 10.6.6.

hafiz689 03-02-2011 11:47 PM

Anyone have sleep working? how to?

ihacbook 03-05-2011 09:42 PM

awesome work

Hey every one
Just a big thanks to all who have put in on this forum, im rather new but just follow this thread, as i have the K50IP and all is sweet. Just little bit of trouble with sound here and there but its magic lil laptop.

Any way just a thanks as i have not said much before.

Cheers
Dill
:D

flip360 03-06-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihacbook (Post 52944)
Hey every one
Just a big thanks to all who have put in on this forum, im rather new but just follow this thread, as i have the K50IP and all is sweet. Just little bit of trouble with sound here and there but its magic lil laptop.

Any way just a thanks as i have not said much before.

Cheers
Dill
:D

Great Dill, glad you have things sorted out :)

hafiz689 03-06-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 52954)
Great Dill, glad you have things sorted out :)

Flip360, can you help me. I can't make my sleep to functioning. When I click sleep, the screen will just go blank and nothing will happen if I click my mouse or keyboard. Hope you can help.

flip360 03-07-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hafiz689 (Post 52955)
Flip360, can you help me. I can't make my sleep to functioning. When I click sleep, the screen will just go blank and nothing will happen if I click my mouse or keyboard. Hope you can help.

hi hafiz, do you use dsdt.aml? Sleepenabler, or something else?

hafiz689 03-07-2011 03:44 PM

i use the dsdt.aml by man_of_the_oak if i'm not mistaken. and i did not have any sleepenabler.

Zoloto 03-19-2011 09:18 PM

Hello, i am new to this forum but i've been lurking here for a months ago, well, here is my story..

A few months ago, i became interested on installing a Mac OSX on my Asus K40IN laptop. Here are it's specifications

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=VB4TfUFszKKyzdR1

with a core 2 duo T6600 cpu, Nvidia G102M video card and Atheros w

So i've researched about the possibilities of installing it and found out that it's a bit hard, specially for beginners like me. I've been posting on other forums, asking people for some tips. Then i became busy with my work and already get over with it.. Then lately my interests came back and now i've decided to try it again.

This was the last guide i've tried to followed

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=210118

and as a suggestion from the user man_of_the_oak, i came on this forum.

however, the guide there uses i think Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.3, but if im not mistaken, the current version now of SL is 10.6.6.

My questions that i do hope some one could answer are these..

1. Are the guides differ on SL OS X 10.6.6 from 10.6.3
2. With Asus K40IN, if anyone of you guys got it working, is it 100% working? Like the video cards, mouse pad, wifi card (i've heard before that Atheros does not work), etc..
3. What are the best tools that i can use to start my very first hackintosh project.
4. Is it possible to dual boot SL OSX with Windows 7 Ultimate? I got 3 partitions..
5. Can i install SL OSX on one partition without harming other OS on other partitions?
6. if there are special guides for Asus K40In, can you guys help?

Please don't get mad of me because of my newbie questions, i promise i'll read this whole thread to get some guides from you guys..

If someone gives some time on answering my questions, Thank you! :D

Zoloto 03-20-2011 09:55 AM

also, what are the tips you can share guys that i need to consider before starting my first Hackintosh, i'm really a beginner with this so it's really complicated for me at this point, but of course, i'm eager to learn..

and lastly, i have pre installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit in one of my partition, a Vista Ultimate which i will remove in favor of OS X, and an Ubuntu on the other one. I want to preserve the Windows 7 ultimate, is it possible to install OS X without harming win 7? also, is it possible to use the boot manager/selector of windows to select between Windows 7 or OS X? Thanks again!

flip360 03-21-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoloto (Post 53267)
1. Are the guides differ on SL OS X 10.6.6 from 10.6.3

No the guide is the same, just use the 10.6.6 combo package from Apple for update after install.

2. With Asus K40IN, if anyone of you guys got it working, is it 100% working? Like the video cards, mouse pad, wifi card (i've heard before that Atheros does not work), etc..

i dont have K40IN i have the K50IN but with the config you provided i saw that its the same hw so it should work theoreticaly :)

3. What are the best tools that i can use to start my very first hackintosh project.

original SL iso image or dmg, and the kexts and stuff from the first page of this thread, USB stick 8GB :)

4. Is it possible to dual boot SL OSX with Windows 7 Ultimate? I got 3 partitions..

i dual boot Win7 with 10.6.6 and have no problems.

5. Can i install SL OSX on one partition without harming other OS on other partitions?

Again, yes. :)

6. if there are special guides for Asus K40In, can you guys help?

i think that some of the guys here have K40 so it would help if you could raed a few pages back.

Cheers and happy hackintoshing :)

Zoloto 03-22-2011 03:54 PM

@flip360

many many thanks for the reply, really appreciate it.. i hope you can visit this thread occasionally.. :)

another thing, my current system setup have MBR partitions, some people i've asked suggests that i use GUID.. will i encounter some problems if i use my old MBR partitions?

i'm in lack of extra hard drives to backup my Windows 7 and to make the other drive GUID and i'm too stubborn to re install my Windows 7 because of my hectic work :p..

Again thanks for the time andswering ;)

flip360 03-23-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoloto (Post 53344)
@flip360

many many thanks for the reply, really appreciate it.. i hope you can visit this thread occasionally.. :)

another thing, my current system setup have MBR partitions, some people i've asked suggests that i use GUID.. will i encounter some problems if i use my old MBR partitions?

i'm in lack of extra hard drives to backup my Windows 7 and to make the other drive GUID and i'm too stubborn to re install my Windows 7 because of my hectic work :p..

Again thanks for the time andswering ;)

no problem man i am checking in almost every day :)
i would suggest if backing up your data and go the GUID partition way, much more compatible than MBR. The MBR way of installing gives too much errors afterwards,

cheers

hafiz689 03-24-2011 09:23 PM

updated to 10.6.7 successfully without any problem. Just left with my Sleep problem that still can't be solved.

neonego 03-27-2011 11:29 AM

updating to 10.6.7 soon....

pichibg 03-28-2011 11:11 AM

Updated succesfully to 1.6.7! I have a problem with Shutdown/Sleep functions, does anybody have an idea how to fix that?

neonego 04-02-2011 06:42 AM

New InfiniteMac color

It's light white.... :-d and back to black.

markec 04-04-2011 06:06 PM

K50IN sound

first of all thank you for this great forum it is awesome and everything works very nicely...

although i have two things that i would like to fix, but i have no idea how to do that.

1. sound
sound is working, except the clicking noise every 5 seconds, it is a little bit annoying.
arround page 35 there was a solution but i don't know if it works because only one user said it did work...

2. keyboard
does anyone know if there is a fix or simekind of driver that i could install so i could use my asus keyboard as a mac keyboard... that would mean that i could use volume shortcuts in specific if i plug in a mac keyboard via USB it works perfectly, and i would like the same thing on my laptop alone...

please help me with these issues if not anything else please at least tell me there is no solution, so i can stop searching the web... :)

Kondor_PL 04-07-2011 10:22 PM

Setting my keyboard.... working perfect in my dual system mac/windows
http://i54.tinypic.com/2em37k6.png

All my kext in EXTRA folder and System/Libary/Extensions View My Video
My audio does not wake up only after exiting the sleep
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
Snow Leopard 10.6.7 Retail 64 bit ASUS X5DIN SX183V (K50IN) |Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz|Chipset Nvidia MCP79|GF G102M 512MB||ALC662|2x2GB RAM A-DATA 800 MHz|RTL8186/8111|WiFi Atheros 9285 >>>> Broadcom b/g/n draft|Webcam Chicony 1,3 Mpx|HDD 500 GB|4x USB 2.0

mao_red 04-08-2011 02:21 AM

anyone with working multi-touch trackpad gestures?:)

btw..just updated to 10.6.7 smoothly

Tutac 04-08-2011 08:25 PM

Asus K50IN

Hi everybody ! I was trying to install mac os x on my laptop (ASUS K50IN) but couldnt find a guide that could help me out really good. Could anybody tell me if my hardware is compatible with os x. My configuration is Intel Pentium Dual core T4200 2,0 Ghz 1mb cache, nvidia g102 M (512 MB) CUDA, HD 250 GB Hitachi, 4GB- RAM, motherboard Asustek computer Inc. K50IN (socket 478) (chipset vendor NVIDIA,southbridge model nForce 730i, & network card Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, but the wirelles card is Atheros AR9285 Wirelles network adapter. Any suggestions? Or advices how should I start?

neonego 04-09-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mao_red (Post 53584)
anyone with working multi-touch trackpad gestures?:)

btw..just updated to 10.6.7 smoothly

That would be cool mao. Two finger scroll on browser works as of now btw.

:)

aljester 04-09-2011 04:59 PM

I have a problem with my instalation of Snow Leopard on my K50IN Asus.
I made a instalation and after that i updated to version 10.6.7. I have a problem with sleep like other people, its ok i can wait for good sleepenabler kext. But i have some weird problem too. Often my keyboard on my laptop dont work. Trackpad too. But sometimes work keyboard and trackpad dont. Today i followed instruction for update my bios and i done that sucesfully.

All day long i searching some answers for my problem with keyboard but i find only few links withou specific answer.
Can somebody help me? http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1302364721

Kondor_PL 04-09-2011 11:09 PM

You have little to combine. Sometimes kext file better work in the System/Libary/Extensions.
See in my video. All working Ok. One problem wake up sound card after sleep - small problem for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neonego (Post 53599)
That would be cool mao. Two finger scroll on browser works as of now btw.
:)

I confirm!
Sorry for my english :)

wefwefwef 05-08-2011 04:00 PM

Hello everyone! I'm new on this matter, but I would like to test osx86 on my k50in.

I'm thinking on installing osx86 along side with windows vista (that it's already installed). If I install osx86 is it possible to choose what OS to use on the boot? I don't want to loose the windows instalation.

Is the compatibility with the computer ok? Or there is problems related with sound or suspending the machine?

HongoPongo 05-09-2011 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forgotmenot (Post 53991)
Hello everyone! I'm new on this matter, but I would like to test osx86 on my k50in.

I'm thinking on installing osx86 along side with windows vista (that it's already installed). If I install osx86 is it possible to choose what OS to use on the boot? I don't want to loose the windows instalation.

Is the compatibility with the computer ok? Or there is problems related with sound or suspending the machine?

Most OSX86 Distros have Chameleon Boot Loader integrated to select your OS at the start. But I encourage a clean install following the instructions from this forum (Just search for the thread in the main section). Anyway, Chameleon is in charge of the OS selection and you can and MUST install it :) So don't worry about the boot.

The K50IN is very compatible with OSX86, in fact when you get to install everything it works almost the same or maybe better than a real macbook of the same specs :) For the sound you can use the kext from The_Man_Of_Oak in the first pages. As for the suspend function I haven't been able to get it work but most users have reported that in fact, it works so you just need to try :)

Greetings!

flip360 05-17-2011 03:11 PM

Thanks HongoPongo for clearing that up ;)

Cheers

Georgie99 05-18-2011 05:30 PM

can someone give me kext used in 10.6.7?? I have tried several kexts here but unfortunely still got kernel panic. i used kexts provided by sir man of the oak for 10.6.4

anderstand 05-20-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgie99 (Post 54029)
can someone give me kext used in 10.6.7?? I have tried several kexts here but unfortunely still got kernel panic. i used kexts provided by sir man of the oak for 10.6.4

Hi, I had kernel panic until I replaced the old fakesms by new version edited for 10.6.7
You will find this in kexts.com

aljester 06-01-2011 02:29 AM

[quote=Kondor_PL;53602]You have little to combine. Sometimes kext file better work in the System/Libary/Extensions.

Its true.. I put ApplePS2Controller (from a good Man Of The Oak) in system/ library extension/. Guess what? My problem with keyboard, external mouse and trackpad is solved. On my K50IN :)
I have one more problem, wheni shutdown my laptop, the screen went black, but the hard disk still running. I think that I will solve it with "Overboot" kext.
Thanks Kondor for your advice. Thanks Man Of The Oak, for your ps2 controller, it works on 10.6.7. :) and im happy.

Shutdown function dont work, im waiting to see my problem with usb,

USBF: 21.343 AppleUSBEHCI[0x2956000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002c9)
USBF: 21.449 AppleUSBEHCI[0x2956000]::UIMFinalize - could not get chip to halt within 100 ms

and find a solution. If someone have idea what should i do, let me know. Everything works except usb external drive and keyboard, and shutdown function. My screen went blank but my hard drive still running. I put overboot kext but it didnt help, same thing.

FaRIOaS 06-12-2011 04:00 PM

Reboot

Who corrected a problem with inability to reboot after sleep?

flip360 06-25-2011 09:56 AM

Hello Everyone,

Just updated to 10.6.8 with the combo installer, everything works, just had to re-install AppleHDA from 10.6.2 to get sound working :)

Cheers

mao_red 06-28-2011 01:25 AM

oh yeah.. 10.6.8...appleHDA from 10.6.2..atheros patch..smooth!:)

DenverAttack 06-29-2011 01:34 PM

give me applehda from 10.6.2, please:-d

bellbottom 06-29-2011 08:10 PM

Update failed

Failed update.
First: PCI Configuration begin
Changing
AppleIntelCPUPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from 10.6.7I can boot but not useful, no finder, no panel, etc.
I think it's because of the atheros card, but I'm not sure.

Anyone knows how to solve?
Thanks.

binhpv 07-02-2011 09:25 AM

10.7 GM on the way

So 10.7 Golden Master already released. Anyone tried it yet?

flip360 07-02-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binhpv (Post 54415)
So 10.7 Golden Master already released. Anyone tried it yet?

i will once i dl it :)

binhpv 07-03-2011 06:36 PM

Rewrite the #1 post

I think it's time you should rewrite the #1 post, flip :)
One for 10.6.8 and another one for 10.7.
And have you finished downloading Lion GM?
I'm a novice, but very excited about Lion :D

flip360 07-04-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binhpv (Post 54421)
I think it's time you should rewrite the #1 post, flip :)
One for 10.6.8 and another one for 10.7.
And have you finished downloading Lion GM?
I'm a novice, but very excited about Lion :D

Yes i should update the first post about 10.6.8 and Lion IS INSTALLED :) Will update with new installer!!!

Cheers

binhpv 07-04-2011 04:22 PM

omg

omg, can't wait for it ;)

DenverAttack 07-04-2011 08:49 PM

how run sound on lion?

binhpv 07-07-2011 01:10 PM

I think flip spend all days sleeping ;)

ronovar 07-08-2011 01:43 PM

Asus K70IO DSDT patching

Hello, i im searching for solution how to make Restart/ShutDown enabled, my notebook have MCP79 chipset and i have set MacBookPro5,1 model and other data to match my hardware configuration.

I Have successfully pathed DSDT folowing pathes:

HPET, RTC, TIMR, CPU & LPCB (for speedstepping), and VGA.

When i dont have VGA injection Shutdown works, but when i inject via DSDT shutdown and restart is broken.

My Sleep is working Out Of Box, no need patching.

Could some one see my DSDT and tell me where i need to put DSDT Shutdown/Restart fix?

I See that i must insert in _PTS method

If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05)) // If ShutDown S5 State is called

but i need code.

SpeedSteep is working on my P8400 Intel Core 2 Duo, nVidia Geforce GT 120M, 1GB, Sleep is working but Restart/Shutdown is NOT.

Please help.

P.S. In my E/E folder i have only FakeSMC, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext to make it more Vanilla.

http://www.mediafire.com/?84q5252459kfzxt

flip360 07-08-2011 02:17 PM

hi Guys,

We have Lion working on our beloved vanilla notebooks :)

All you need to do is generate a working dsdt or use the one u already have (dunno if you can use mine cause of hw differences).

Download LionGM and use the USB installer from this link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=259068

After installing Lion, put AppleHDA and AppleACPIPlatform from 10.6.x in S/L/E, use the old kexts from 10.6.x in E/E, reboot and you should have a fully working OS X Lion system :)

Note: It should "work" on most K50 notebooks, if not we will try and fix things along :)
Sofar everything is working OK except iGlasses :P

Cheers