InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lion with AMD (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7106)

anonomys209 05-15-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57530)
I've explained why it doesn't work, I don't see what you don't understand. You'll need someone who is good at configuring the kernel to authentic a correct UUID, and then maybe it'll work. Revogirl stated that the source they release isn't 100% the same source they compile and run at cupertino, so let's say it's a conspiracy.

Now there's a very risky method but if you install iMessage on intel hack or real mac and CCC the imessage.app and restore on the amd hack, then that might be a workaround but I've not tested or tried this.

I saw that post, but you were talking about iCloud. I get now that it's all the same shit tho thanks. I do have a buddy with an i5 Hack, u think if he did that and sent it to me I should try that? I thought about just signing in with his already registered account and see if I could then sign out and then get back in with mine, but I dunno. I don't wanna risk messing up his account lol

Opinions?

***EDIT*** Or maybe, if he signed in on HIS hack with MY account, and registered my ID, would it work on mine then? Or would it only work with his UUID? I wish I understood how these things work a little better.

anonomys209 05-15-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57514)

Well, completely unrelated to what I was going to use it for, I was able to get my internal IDE CD & DVD drives working with this kext that haven't worked until now, thanks for that

lunfai 05-15-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonomys209 (Post 57531)
I saw that post, but you were talking about iCloud. I get now that it's all the same shit tho thanks. I do have a buddy with an i5 Hack, u think if he did that and sent it to me I should try that? I thought about just signing in with his already registered account and see if I could then sign out and then get back in with mine, but I dunno. I don't wanna risk messing up his account lol

Opinions?

***EDIT*** Or maybe, if he signed in on HIS hack with MY account, and registered my ID, would it work on mine then? Or would it only work with his UUID? I wish I understood how these things work a little better.

Yes this is what I mean, it seems to know if the account is real, the next page where it shows the connected receipment addresses it seems to bug when it tries to register the mac as a receipent machine, hence why if you already sign in and then copy and restore on amd, there might be a slight chance it would just work without having to sign in and register and getting blocked.

I'm not sure it's just a theory I thought.

anonomys209 05-15-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57534)
Yes this is what I mean, it seems to know if the account is real, the next page where it shows the connected receipment addresses it seems to bug when it tries to register the mac as a receipent machine, hence why if you already sign in and then copy and restore on amd, there might be a slight chance it would just work without having to sign in and register and getting blocked.

I'm not sure it's just a theory I thought.

Well until I can get a hold of my buddy, I'd definitely be interested in finding out what happens if you get a chance to test it. Please let us know :D

lunfai 05-15-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonomys209 (Post 57535)
Well until I can get a hold of my buddy, I'd definitely be interested in finding out what happens if you get a chance to test it. Please let us know :D

I would try but I don't have an AMD machine anymore.

Lacedaemon 05-15-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunfai (Post 57537)
I would try but I don't have an AMD machine anymore.

Wow, lucky you, lunfai! I'm looking into an Intel i5 3450, what would you recommend?

bronzovka 05-15-2012 06:38 PM

Hi all !
I write latest mach_kenel and i end job on kernel !
You download mach_kernel_v6__Lion_10_7_3 !
It is kernel work standard programm.
If stop work, you need block file com.apple.xpchelper.cache in folder /private/var/folders/.../....../С/ and /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/ !
No recommended used kernelcache and com.apple.xpchelper.cache ! And it working :) .
I leaving ! Bye ! :)

jamdownian 05-15-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronzovka (Post 57541)
Hi all !
I write latest mach_kenel and i end job on kernel !
You download mach_kernel_v6__Lion_10_7_3 !
It is kernel work standard programm.
If stop work, you need block file com.apple.xpchelper.cache in folder /private/var/folders/.../....../С/ and /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/ !
No recommended used kernelcache and com.apple.xpchelper.cache ! And it working :) .
I leaving ! Bye ! :)

Thanks, Im hoping this works on Mobile Phenom 2.:)

ryman 05-15-2012 07:35 PM

Thanks bronzovka,
sad to hear that you stopped working on the kernel ;-(. Unfortunally I cant download your kernel (letitbit dont work for me...) Can someone upload the kernel anywhere else?

bronzovka 05-15-2012 07:39 PM

Yes ! You can download from mediafire !
Here link kernel !

felipeunix 05-15-2012 07:56 PM

Bronzovka Congratulations!
Thank you! :rolleyes:

64bit mode 32bit applications are running?

m28ew 05-15-2012 08:11 PM

@bronzovka

Thanks for the update :)
The new kernel seems running stable & smoother, no freezes till now

But I still found these errors during the boot process of the osx 10.7.4

In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _buf_attr

In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _bufattr_throttled

http://s16.postimage.org/cl88libg5/amd_1074_02.png

anonomys209 05-15-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronzovka (Post 57545)
Yes ! You can download from mediafire !
Here link kernel !

What's new with the new version? Are we in 64bit yet?

delgadilloalex 05-15-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felipeunix (Post 57546)
Bronzovka Congratulations!
Thank you! :rolleyes:

64bit mode 32bit applications are running?

-force64 is it working?

or stay at -legacy

anonomys209 05-15-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delgadilloalex (Post 57549)
-force64 is it working?

or stay at -legacy

Didn't work for me. Had to boot with -legacy still. I'm bummed :(

Waiting for 64bit for FCPX and I would love a kernel that'll let us sign into iCloud/Messages/FT. Anyone know where to start?

jeaton2012 05-15-2012 10:59 PM

Thanks for the v6 kernel Bronzovka! Is anyone still having trouble with Finder copy/paste/empty trash and stuff like that? Like after a while it will just stop working just like xpchelper did.

anonomys209 05-15-2012 11:01 PM

Not here. Your fix for xpchelper got rid of that problem for me for good :knocking on wood:

Does anyone know what changed with the v6 kernel?

hanadriel 05-15-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57552)
Thanks for the v6 kernel Bronzovka! Is anyone still having trouble with Finder copy/paste/empty trash and stuff like that? Like after a while it will just stop working just like xpchelper did.

The same thing happened to me! Even if I try to disconnect the xhelper
About the Network, I managed to fix it.
the kexts the ethernet was in trouble

delgadilloalex 05-16-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57552)

yes!!!!!!

but only with certain files.not all

justinster123 05-16-2012 12:22 AM

Brozovka, Can YOU PLEASE PLEASE ADD SUPPORT FOR AMD X2 7550 ??
FAMILY 10
MODEL 2, XPCHELPER IS EATING MY CPU BECAUSE OF CONSTANT CRASHING, CAN'T EVEN QUIT IT.

delgadilloalex 05-16-2012 12:43 AM

new kernel v6 does not work for my phenom x4 9650 graphics artifacts and bad proformace

using the 1st bron_kernel and loving it with the xpc fix
thanks!!!! bronzovka!
its been a great journey hope it continues.

justinster123 05-16-2012 12:49 AM

Can;t believe no one noticed...
XPCHELPER STILL CRASHES AND EATS CPU, My process is in the 10,000 level because it crashes nonstop, although the programs start, it still crashes. Constantly, applied all the patches and fixes, nothing still, and no, I didn't do anything wrong or forget....
Look at activity monitor...

ghostec 05-16-2012 01:21 AM

Yeah.. XPCHELPER still crashes here, even with the programs working. Anyone solved the weird (laggy) mouse issue? Is this what is causing the screen animations to be slow/laggy too?

anonomys209 05-16-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostec (Post 57560)
Yeah.. XPCHELPER still crashes here, even with the programs working. Anyone solved the weird (laggy) mouse issue? Is this what is causing the screen animations to be slow/laggy too?

I was having this issue, but it was related to my graphics kext. I fixed it by updating to the newest version of the official driver for my card and adding my device ID to the info.plist. Don't know if that'll work for you, but it's worth at shot. I also added busratio flags to my boot.plist and a few different kexts but I'm not sure any of that worked :-/

Quote:

Originally Posted by delgadilloalex (Post 57558)
new kernel v6 does not work for my phenom x4 9650 graphics artifacts and bad proformace

I can confirm this. Rolled back to the v4 kernel and I'm doing just fine again :) No problems with copy/paste/trash or any of that. Ever since I patched xpchelper the first time, I haven't had any issues. I've since updated to 10.7.4 as well, and it still isn't crashing my system. This will work if you're doing everything correctly.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8174/25550109.png

ghostec 05-16-2012 02:12 AM

I gave up..
Every single time I had to reboot, I needed to try a diff combination of flags to get it to boot.
A lot of attempts to even boot.. I was using

"mach_kernel PCIRoot=0 PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -legacy -v"

Sometimes I had to change PCIRootUID to 1, and a lot of crazy combination.. I can't understand why.

For a long time now I'm trying to run OSX =/

jeaton2012 05-16-2012 02:47 AM

For those of you having issues with Finder even after you've fixed xpchelper, I've managed to track down the problem relating to copy/paste/empty trash.:D:D Just download this application I wrote and click disable kext cache to fix the problem and restore kext cache if you're having problems with the fix.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and don't forget to reboot after you've fixed it!

EDIT EDIT: If you have high CPU usage because of xpchelper crashes after you've fixed the com.apple.xpchelper.cache. Just do:
Code:

sudo mv /System/Library/CoreServices/ReportCrash /System/Library/CoreServices/ReportCrash.backup

anonomys209 05-16-2012 03:10 AM

Does anyone else have a 'DeferredInstall' folder stuck at /System?

hanadriel 05-16-2012 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57564)
For those of you having issues with Finder even after you've fixed xpchelper, I've managed to track down the problem relating to copy/paste/empty trash.:D:D Just download this application I wrote and click disable kext cache to fix the problem and restore kext cache if you're having problems with the fix

EDIT: Oh yeah, and don't forget to reboot after you've fixed it!
EDIT EDIT: If you have high CPU usage because of xpchelper crashes after you've fixed the com.apple.xpchelper.cache. Just do: sudo mv /System/Library/CoreServices/ReportCrash /System/Library/CoreServices/ReportCrash.backup

:DGreat job!

hanadriel 05-16-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonomys209 (Post 57561)
I was having this issue, but it was related to my graphics kext. I fixed it by updating to the newest version of the official driver for my card and adding my device ID to the info.plist. Don't know if that'll work for you, but it's worth at shot. I also added busratio flags to my boot.plist and a few different kexts but I'm not sure any of that worked :-/

I can confirm this. Rolled back to the v4 kernel and I'm doing just fine again :) No problems with copy/paste/trash or any of that. Ever since I patched xpchelper the first time, I haven't had any issues. I've since updated to 10.7.4 as well, and it still isn't crashing my system. This will work if you're doing everything correctly.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8174/25550109.png

You could show how did you install 10.7.4?

I would be very grateful and others too.

Sorry my English because I'm Brazilian

anonomys209 05-16-2012 03:48 AM

If you read through the last ten pages or so you'll see my struggle lol

It came down to rolling back AppleFileSystemDriver.kext and reinstalling it AFTER the 10.7.4 update. There were also a couple other things that were giving me trouble, check out the posts and you'll get man.

rizki_alkaf 05-16-2012 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m28ew (Post 57547)
@bronzovka

Thanks for the update :)
The new kernel seems running stable & smoother, no freezes till now

But I still found these errors during the boot process of the osx 10.7.4

In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _buf_attr

In interface com.apple.kpi.private of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _bufattr_throttled

http://s16.postimage.org/cl88libg5/amd_1074_02.png

this is because the new system.kext on 10.7.4 doesn't match with 11.3.0 kernel we're using.
just use system.kext from 10.7.3 until someone make a new legacy_kernel 11.4.0

anonomys209 05-16-2012 05:40 AM

...but are those errors actually causing any issues? I haven't seen any negative affect but I could be wrong.

m28ew 05-16-2012 06:08 AM

@rizki_alkaf

Thanks for the info mate :)

You're right! The old system.kext (10.7.3) really does the trick

Now I get a clean boot and my osx seems booting a bit faster than before

http://s10.postimage.org/sjkrlcti1/1074_dmesg.png

NO ERRORS found!

Here's the kext

http://www.mediafire.com/?444ib31p3384s5e

anonomys209 05-16-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m28ew (Post 57573)
@rizki_alkaf

Thanks for the info mate :)

You're right! The old system.kext (10.7.3) really does the trick

Now I get a clean boot and my osx seems booting a bit faster than before

http://s10.postimage.org/sjkrlcti1/1074_dmesg.png

NO ERRORS found!

Here's the kext

http://www.mediafire.com/?444ib31p3384s5e

Installed that kext and rebooted, now my Broadcom wireless card's kext won't load. Reinstalled the other system.kext and it still didn't load... Gonna try some troubleshooting here real quick but I don't know what's goin on at this point lol

Fix one problem and create another lol :-/

m28ew 05-16-2012 07:04 AM

@anonomys209

if the new system.kextcan run with your wireless card's kext then you don't have to replace it

or you can also try to roll back the IO80211Family.kext (wireless) and the IONetworkingFamily.kext (wired)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonomys209 (Post 57574)
Fix one problem and create another lol

Hackint0sh is the art of irrational thinking :p

tejaswi.rohit 05-16-2012 08:10 AM

Bug! :(

I think there's a bug in V6 Kernel, I don't have video while playing files using Mplayerx. I don't know if it's just a problem with Mplayerx or all video players :-/

hanadriel 05-16-2012 08:23 AM

It worked for me!
Now this updated to 10.7.4, but an error on startup ...
I'll try to fix tomorrow!
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...30248775_n.jpg

rizki_alkaf 05-16-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonomys209 (Post 57574)
Fix one problem and create another lol :-/

whoops.. sorry for that..

well, we're replacing a next named "system". i wondered there must be something broken after that :p

just replace your IO80211Family.kext with one from 10.7.3 (again). this fixed mine.

anonomys209 05-16-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizki_alkaf (Post 57578)
whoops.. sorry for that..

well, we're replacing a next named "system". i wondered there must be something broken after that :p

just replace your IO80211Family.kext with one from 10.7.3 (again). this fixed mine.

Haha ya thanks buddy I had gotten it all sorted out a little bit ago. Just like you said, I had to reinstall all of the 10.7.4 kexts I had rolled back and then just roll back system.kext and IO80322Family.kext together, and now all is well :) Clean boot and my wifi still works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejaswi.rohit (Post 57576)
I think there's a bug in V6 Kernel, I don't have video while playing files using Mplayerx. I don't know if it's just a problem with Mplayerx or all video players :-/

Yup I was having major graphics artifacts as well. Rolled back to the v4 kernel.

r0ckr 05-16-2012 11:04 AM

Am I able to install Lion with the original installer + the v6 kernel?

__________________________________________________ ______________
AMD Phenom II x4 955BE
Asus M4A87TD/USB3
Asus Radeon HD 5670
4GB Kingston Ram

Running Win7 + SnowLeo on DualBoot

anonomys209 05-16-2012 11:21 AM

Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but I started seeing around 13-20% CPU usage for no apparent reason at all, and I couldn't get rid of it to save my life, until I realized that it was only showing up when I booted verbose. If I boot with -v, something is eating at my CPU, but if I boot normally it sits between 1-2% LOL

Just an observation...

Fraom 05-16-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57520)
Okay I got it. I messed up my 10.7.4 install, so instead of restoring from my CarbonCopyCloner backup (yes, it is great:D) I decided to start fresh from iAtkos L2. The kext that you need to back up and replace is IOStorageFamily.kext. But anyways, I was able to successfully update from 10.7.2 to 10.7.4 so it's not impossible, just be sure to back up and replace that kext.

Here's the kext btw: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/79094064/IOS...amily.kext.zip

Thanks a loooot maannn i've solved whit it :)

Fraom 05-16-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaton2012 (Post 57520)
Okay I got it. I messed up my 10.7.4 install, so instead of restoring from my CarbonCopyCloner backup (yes, it is great:D) I decided to start fresh from iAtkos L2. The kext that you need to back up and replace is IOStorageFamily.kext. But anyways, I was able to successfully update from 10.7.2 to 10.7.4 so it's not impossible, just be sure to back up and replace that kext.

Here's the kext btw: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/79094064/IOS...amily.kext.zip

Can anyone upload a file for fix restartfix and shotdown ? Tnks

bronzovka 05-16-2012 05:02 PM

If not working copy/delete/trash - you should delete folder /private/var/folders/zz/ and xpchelper no crash and working copy ...! :)
in terminal :
sudo rm -rf /private/var/folders/zz/ :)

ghostec 05-16-2012 05:38 PM

Is there anyone trying to make programs like Photoshop CS6 work?

Fraom 05-16-2012 07:00 PM

Anyone have install lion on dual boot whit snow Leopard ??

jeaton2012 05-16-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraom (Post 57584)
Can anyone upload a file for fix restartfix and shotdown ? Tnks

OpenHaltRestart.kext

EvOreboot.kext

delgadilloalex 05-16-2012 10:01 PM

iCloud !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if we use the keychain access file for iCloud and transfer to AMD cpu from an intel or working logged in iCloud mac .

i seen one in my keychain app. on my intel laptop but don't know where to find the location of the Keychain file to test my theory .
just an idea.
on my intel lion i logged in once to iCloud and it stays logged in just thinking might trick and to connect to server.
thoughts any one?

anonomys209 05-16-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraom (Post 57587)
Anyone have install lion on dual boot whit snow Leopard ??

I am... What's your question?

anonomys209 05-16-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delgadilloalex (Post 57589)
iCloud !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if we use the keychain access file for iCloud and transfer to AMD cpu from an intel or working logged in iCloud mac .

i seen one in my keychain app. on my intel laptop but don't know where to find the location of the Keychain file to test my theory .
just an idea.
on my intel lion i logged in once to iCloud and it stays logged in just thinking might trick and to connect to server.
thoughts any one?

We talked about that a few pages back but no one has tried it I don't think. Let us know what happens...