InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [GUIDE] (w/ photos) - 100% working Acer 6935g iAtkos v7 10.5.7 with nVidia 9600m GT (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3357)

jimmy1987 10-03-2009 01:18 AM

http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/
Try those :) I don't know how they work or how to are to be installed.
( I'm a hardcore linux man but have just started with macosx :p)

maybe Gurruwiwi can tell you more :)

On the mousepad of the 6935 is it in any way possible to get the tapping on the mousepad working ? I use this alot and now I need to use the buttons, gets confusing sometimes :p

Worgen 10-03-2009 01:34 AM

Thanks alot, I'll give it a try :)

EDIT: I downloaded it, installed it, but it just didn't work, I got nsGUI & network selector at applications, when I click at the 1st, it doesn't show anything, when I click the second it runs the terminal, but nothing happens!

EDIT2: When I click the networkSelector, it says "Could not get ID for kernel control. 2"
I read the notes at the installation page, someone said to uninstall and install again, but I don't know how to uninstall yet, I'm still a noob in Mac.

Gurruwiwi 10-03-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy1987 (Post 36582)
Gurruwiwi, I've installed Leopard ( I prefer to wait with SL till I can convert one of my other pc's to leopard too as I need a spare to install SL. ;)

With Leopard it is working fine! :) Got full QE/CI, audio works, wifi works ( with the 1490 :cool: ).
But I still got a problem with the SD kext I think it is. Could be because I used kext helper instead of OSXtools :p But I had to reinstall, now made a copy with carbon copy onto my external drive :) Neec to try tonight if it works with osxtools as I've found them now ( osx86tools ).

Keep you posted ;)

But I have another question too.
I'm on a dutch macOSX forum too, Is it alright if I put your guide there and in my own language ( Dutch ). I'll post credits to your post ;)

Sure thing man! Danke!!

Installing kext in Leopard to S/L/E is really easy. Just drop it in, run Disk Utilities and repair permissions. Thats it. In SL you have to ALWAYS rebuild caches and repair perms.

I also spent some time looking for better trackpad support, but gave up. Too much of a hassle and didnt work properly. In SL i have 2 finger scroll in all directions, but no tapping. I dont really like tapping, except in the new Mac's which is actually a button. I always copy stuff around accidentally, I hate it :) But in new Macs you actually have to press inwards which is cool.

Gurruwiwi 10-03-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worgen (Post 36605)
Thanks alot, I'll give it a try :)

EDIT: I downloaded it, installed it, but it just didn't work, I got nsGUI & network selector at applications, when I click at the 1st, it doesn't show anything, when I click the second it runs the terminal, but nothing happens!

EDIT2: When I click the networkSelector, it says "Could not get ID for kernel control. 2"
I read the notes at the installation page, someone said to uninstall and install again, but I don't know how to uninstall yet, I'm still a noob in Mac.

Dont waste time with Intel wireless. People have been trying to write support kexts porting from linux for more that 3 years now, and only got very few of them to do something at all, but not working properly.

Do like jimmy, myself and many many others, buy a broadcom 1490 for native support, it is really cheap

Worgen 10-04-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurruwiwi (Post 36658)
Dont waste time with Intel wireless. People have been trying to write support kexts porting from linux for more that 3 years now, and only got very few of them to do something at all, but not working properly.

Do like jimmy, myself and many many others, buy a broadcom 1490 for native support, it is really cheap

Seems like I will, now another problem has popped up .. USB isn't working, partially!
It can't read my flash, my external HD, nor my mouse, in case I plug them when the OS is running. But when I plug my mouse for example before I boot, it recognizes it and it works, but even if I unplug it after Mac runs then plug it again it doesn't work!
Any clue what's causing this?

Gurruwiwi 10-04-2009 04:53 PM

Worgen,

Sorry, but I have no idea. This thread is specifically orientated for Acer 6935g laptops. I do remember hearing about legacy USB kexts, maybe that will do the trick. Searching for user with your model greatly improves your chances of fixing the problems.

jimmy1987 10-05-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurruwiwi (Post 36658)

Is there anyway I can install SL without the need of a secondary leopard or SL version? As I don't have a lot of cash at the moment and I have no money for a second hard drive to try it.
I have Leopard running now so the beginnings I can do with Leopard but when it's time to install SL that's it for me :)
Or can I run this though vmware? I have a lot of experience with vmware so I think I could manage.

And I need a restatement of what works and what doesn't in SL. ( Mic not working fine never use it anyway but things as audio, full QE/CI on vidcard, mediabay etc are vital to me. )

Gurruwiwi 10-06-2009 11:32 AM

I think there is already a "live" installer distro around, but I would wait a little longer for a ideneb or iatkos distro. 10.6.2 is around the corner with lots of core updates, so that will certainly make a lot of people nervous about updating. They should be poping up soon enough. Otherwise, I dont recommend you doing it until you're more acquainted with how the system is built up. In your case, that will really be quick as OSx is based in Darwin, which is younger cousin to linux.

I hope soon I'll have some time to update the SL tutorial with some new stuff. But basically been running SL rock solid for 3 - 4 weeks. No mic in, no vga out, but 2 finger scroll makes up for that, its awsome. Will be attempting to fix the finer details in the following months. Am in no hurry as I want to do it right, but some stuff shouldn't be that troublesome. No sleep (dont use it anyway), e-sata working perfect, ethernet too, webcam, bluetooth, usb's. Haven't tested HDMI, it should be working as it shows up in system profiler (external monitor, but since vga doesnt work, must be HDMI). Oh yeah, full QE/CI, haven't benchamarkd yet but played a couple of hours of Toca 3 last night, all high, ultra smooth. Haven't bothered with SD cards, rarely use them. Had some issues with some kexts so I just gave that up.

My mbox2 work really well, so if you need audio in until you patch dsdt or new voodooHDA, you get a cheap compatible usb audio card. Many around.

Did I leave anything out?

Jimmy, you said you are linux ninja? That is great because with proper DSDT patching, it makes basically any hardware fully supported with "vanilla" systems, including sleep or bonjour or any other detail. And from the little I know about it, if you create an EFI partition containing Chameleon in it, you achieve a 100% software update proof Mac clone! That means popping in a retail DVD anytime in the future with no extra tweaking!

I am halfway down the dsdt lane, but my linux skills pull me down. If you'd like to take on a slowly paced hobby, in a very short time we can make a method to make our laptops perfect clones.

What do you think? :D

jimmy1987 10-06-2009 11:41 AM

Not that I know off. Does the normal audio work ? Like I said don't use mic.
Almost never use the VGA out and if I need it I'll switch to Windows 7 for that :)

Maybe I'll try with vmware anyway :rolleyes: Just to see how far I can come. :)

jimmy1987 10-06-2009 11:54 AM

I'll just post twice what do I care :p
Gurruwiwi, do you have some IM address? ( like msn, icq, aim, google talk etc ) would be much more convenient to talk that way about it.
I didn't say I am a linux ninja butI'm quite experienced with it. :rolleyes:

I'll need some time to look up the dsdt story and how to fabric it. As linux and mac got a lot of things that are the same but also a lot which are not.

But I think it's a great idea!