InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [ PRE-INSTALL AUTOMATOR v1.1 ] For easily installing vanilla snow leo. (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4041)

teamka42 09-13-2009 08:05 PM

success

success, set to AHCI and HPET eliminate all the probs for my mobo..
Installed and everything works now.. even sound.. thanks again djnitehawk
(Y)(Y)

off topic..
is it me or disks now in SL change to yellow
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/109...90914at121.png

djnitehawk 09-14-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohizzle121 (Post 34708)
Right-click on the target OS X HDD volume icon on your Desktop -> Get Info. If the checkbox next to "Ignore ownership on this volume" is checked then click on padlock symbol to authenticate and UNCHECK the checkbox.

Then to ensure that the target OS X HDD volume's root directory is owned by the root user, go to Terminal and type: (note that using 0:0 is equiavlent to using root:wheel)

CODE
sudo chown 0:0 /Volumes/"your target OS X HDD volume name"

This is to make certain that the permissions are not scrambled after the installation of OS X.....and hence that you are able to boot from the OS X 10.6 hard drive........ is that not needed?

actually ive never had to do that using the retail dvd installer method as mentioned on the guide... even for installing on usb drives...

ive only had to do that after using the "osintall.mpgk" method from within Leo 10.5 cos the "osinstall.mpgk" doesnt take care of setting the correct permissions....

but the retail dvd installer does take care of the permissions... so ive never had any permission related problems after installing from the retail dvd installer... hence, the chosen method of installing as mentioned on the guide...

thanks for ur input... appreciate it...

djnitehawk 09-14-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drossxyu (Post 34728)

Quote:

'sh: clear: command not found'
it is safe to ignore that... that is output by Fassl's dsdt patcher... its trying to clear the screen but it cant find the clear command on the install dvd... i cant fix that... but it doesnt do any harm... if you look more closely there will be one more error by the dsdt patcher that says something like "TAR command missing" and that is also not a problem...

Quote:

chameleon never really appears any more. I no longer have the option of booting into my windows drive
aha... that is cos i've reduced the time that chameleon waits for your input from 5 secs to 1 sec... you can get chameleon to display a list of drives in either two ways...

1. edit the "/extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and increase the timeout value from 1 to whatever you want...

2. simply keep pressing the left and right arrow keys one after the other while ur machine boots, and chameleon will be interrupted and the list of drives will be displayed...

Quote:

and my screen just floods w\ text before it automatically goes into SL.
again edit the boot plist file and remove the "-v" part from there to get rid of the verbose mode boot... you will have the grey apple screen with the spinning wheely thing...

ive included the -v cos that actually fixed my computer not waking up from sleep... but ur comp might not need that...

Quote:

My graphics card still isn't being recognized
try using an EFI string from OSX86Tools... and get rid of the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" part from the boot plist...

Quote:

My sound also isn't working.
as noted on the main post, sound, network, etc drivers dont work from /extra/extensions...

u gotta install them to /system/library/extensions...

remove them from /E/E

download kext utility... drag and drop voodoohda onto kext utility to install them to /S/L/E...

or move them manually and issue the permission repair commands as noted on the main post...

djnitehawk 09-14-2009 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamka42 (Post 34730)

weird... i dont get that...

so this is what this problem looks like... ive only heard of it...

u gotta install a kext called "ahciblockstorageinjector.kext" to your /extra/extensions...

if that doesnt fix it, ask for help in the forum cos i dont know any other fix for it...

btw glad to hear ur up and running!!!

drossxyu 09-14-2009 04:55 AM

osx86 tools seems to have done the trick for my video card. My resolution automatically switched to 1920x1080 and it now shows up as it should in the system profiler. I remember reading about something called Quartz Extreme / Core Image being something that needs to be enabled. How do I know if this is working properly?

I'm still having trouble getting my audio to work. I installed the legacy883.kext ( it's supposed to work w\ my board ) using kext utility and there still isn't an audio device showing up in the sound preferences.

Someone in this thread said, "was able to just use the new legacy883.kext in extra/extensions. Although first time did not take. However when cloned to new drive started working. So must have to rebuild mkext or something like that. Try OSX86 Tools and rebuild and Chameleon 2 RC3"

Do you know how I would go about doing such a rebuild? I don't see an option in osx86tools that says it would do this specifically.

Someone also mentions that all they did was "reboot twice both times with -v -f -F. "

Do you know what these extra 'f' and 'F' flags mean?

Is voodoohda.kext some kind of universal sound driver that works with all boards?

I also need a ethernet solution as I have a rev. 2 board. The tp-link tg-3269 was recommended in this thread, but it doesn't seem to be available in any of the US based sites/stores. Is there an alternative NIC that works just as well? I've also though about buying one of these apple usb ethernet adapters as the inside of my case is pretty tightly packed.

Sorry if these questions are beyond the scope of your thread but you seem to really know what you're doing. Thanks DJ.

djnitehawk 09-14-2009 07:31 AM

Quote:

Quartz Extreme / Core Image being something that needs to be enabled. How do I know if this is working properly?
if you have no choppiness or video lag when playing videos it probably means its enabled... the thing is they say that the system profiler doesnt show the info about CI/QE anymore... ive read that if its not enabled, launching the dvd player app will give u an error... so launch that and see if it errors... if not, ur fine...

Quote:

I'm still having trouble getting my audio to work. I installed the legacy883.kext ( it's supposed to work w\ my board ) using kext utility and there still isn't an audio device showing up in the sound preferences.
i personally havent used legacy883.kext so i cant vouch for that...

Quote:

Is voodoohda.kext some kind of universal sound driver that works with all boards?
i think that's what their goal is... and ive read that voodoohda works with ALC833... so try the following:

1. get rid of all other sound kexts that u have added, from both /E/E and /S/L/E

2. download the latest voodoohda and extract it...

3. copy voodoohda.kext to /S/L/E and run the following commands in terminal to fix repair permissions and rebuid mkext caches...

• sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions
  • sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions
  • sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/NAMEOFSNOWVOLUME
  • sudo touch /system/library/extensions

4. install the voodoohda pref pane by double-clicking on it...

5. reboot and pray to the hackintosh gods :-)

if that didnt work for you, u might have to do some custom DSDT hacking and use some other patched kexts... remember reading about it but cant remember from where... google is ur friend :-)

Quote:

I also need a ethernet solution as I have a rev. 2 board. The tp-link tg-3269 was recommended in this thread, but it doesn't seem to be available in any of the US based sites/stores. Is there an alternative NIC that works just as well? I've also though about buying one of these apple usb ethernet adapters as the inside of my case is pretty tightly packed.
after some brief searching it looks like a kext for the rev2 board ethernet doesnt exist... (i may be wrong thoug)... keep searchin...

the apple usb adapter thing looks like a good cheap option considering ur space problems...

Quote:

Sorry if these questions are beyond the scope of your thread but you seem to really know what you're doing. Thanks DJ.
no worries brotha... and ur welcome...

flip360 09-14-2009 11:19 AM

hello there, the script is running just fine THANK YOU MAN and keep up the good work. i have one question though: can i install on MBR? thanks

cheers

djnitehawk 09-14-2009 11:23 AM

welcome...

honestly man i dont know if it can be installed on mbr partitions, cos i havent tried it myself... u could experiment and let us all know maybe?

im not at home right now to check it...

flip360 09-14-2009 01:53 PM

i have replaced the OSInstall.mpkg on my USB snow install, but i cannot install on MBR disk yet :(
i will install it on GUID anyway but it would be nice if the script could make MBR install available for people with one HDD and two partitions (windows is one of them) :)

Cheers

realpogo 09-14-2009 03:44 PM

Hi,

any suggestions to "Systemuptime in Nanoseconds=206663406631" system hanging while booting - just before there was a kernelpanic with HPETs not found?

thx

flip360 09-14-2009 04:12 PM

appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext, maybe causing troubles?

djnitehawk 09-14-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realpogo (Post 34826)
Hi,

any suggestions to "Systemuptime in Nanoseconds=206663406631" system hanging while booting - just before there was a kernelpanic with HPETs not found?

thx

if there was an error "hpet not found" have u tried enabling hpet in bios?

if hpet not found in bios, try following:

boot with "ForceHPET=Yes"

if still no luck, add nullcpupowermanagement...

if still no luck, try looking at a guide specific to your motherboard...

use the forum search...

realpogo 09-15-2009 05:51 PM

HPETs error on Esprimo 5535

Quote:

Originally Posted by djnitehawk (Post 34835)
1. if there was an error "hpet not found" have u tried enabling hpet in bios?

2. if hpet not found in bios, try following:

boot with "ForceHPET=Yes"

3. if still no luck, add nullcpupowermanagement...

4. if still no luck, try looking at a guide specific to your motherboard...

5. use the forum search...

1. there is no option for
2. same thing then
3. could not find this kext - I assume it is one - by search in forum
4. the Fujitsu-Siemens Esprimo 5535 could not be found even
5. so with this I´ve had bad luck too - maybe I´m to silly to search this forum ...
sorry for misusin your time ;) but thx for your reply

djnitehawk 09-15-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realpogo (Post 34946)
1. there is no option for
2. same thing then
3. could not find this kext - I assume it is one - by search in forum
4. the Fujitsu-Siemens Esprimo 5535 could not be found even
5. so with this I´ve had bad luck too - maybe I´m to silly to search this forum ...
sorry for misusin your time ;) but thx for your reply

here is nullcpupm... download and place in /extra/extensions

click here and then click download

Rampage 09-16-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamka42 (Post 34730)
success, set to AHCI and HPET eliminate all the probs for my mobo..
Installed and everything works now.. even sound.. thanks again djnitehawk
(Y)(Y)

off topic..
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/109...90914at121.png

Hello..
i have the same motherboard as you, and i'm damnly stuck with the installation, i need your help :)

can you please tell me how did you managed to make even the installer to boot?

EDIT: i just need to know wich bios version you have (native or hacked and version number)
how did you set it up
and possibly your DSDT.aml file

couse i don't have a working installation of OSX to run the scripts provided in this thread.

djnitehawk 09-16-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rampage (Post 35045)
couse i don't have a working installation of OSX to run the scripts provided in this thread.

u should download a 10.5 distro such as iatkos v7 > burn to dvd > install 10.5 then continue with this guide...

or try one of those boot132 cds and install via the retail dvd...

teamka42 09-16-2009 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rampage (Post 35045)
Hello..
i have the same motherboard as you, and i'm damnly stuck with the installation, i need your help :)

can you please tell me how did you managed to make even the installer to boot?

EDIT: i just need to know wich bios version you have (native or hacked and version number)
how did you set it up
and possibly your DSDT.aml file

i flash my bios to the hacked one.. You can find it here http://osrom.net/biosmod/
basicly after flashing the bios u can then install osx distros like iDeneb and iAtkos no problem at all..

for kexts i use VoodooHDA (sound), RealtekR1000 (LAN), IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector ,AHCIPortInjector & AppleVIAATA6111_6145 (for IDE). download them all from stella's blog. Enable HPET and AHCI in ur bios too..

here is my DSDT.aml
hope this will help.. Credit goes to djnitehawk for helping me with the issues i encounter with my mobo.. (Y)

djnitehawk 09-16-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamka42 (Post 35049)
Credit goes to djnitehawk for helping me with the issues i encounter.. (Y)

cheers buddy!!!

always glad 2 help...

flackend 09-16-2009 04:30 PM

It's never cool to call someone buddy... :p

djnitehawk 09-16-2009 04:35 PM

haha yeh i know...

dont know how that came out....

probably cos i've lived in aussie and nz...

its quite a common saying ovr thr :-)

Rampage 09-16-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamka42 (Post 35049)
i flash my bios to the hacked one.. You can find it here http://osrom.net/biosmod/
basicly after flashing the bios u can then install osx distros like iDeneb and iAtkos no problem at all..

for kexts i use VoodooHDA (sound), RealtekR1000 (LAN), IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector ,AHCIPortInjector & AppleVIAATA6111_6145 (for IDE). download them all from stella's blog. Enable HPET and AHCI in ur bios too..

here is my DSDT.aml
hope this will help.. Credit goes to djnitehawk for helping me with the issues i encounter with my mobo.. (Y)

not a chance of installing without installing an unofficial bios?

teamka42 09-16-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rampage (Post 35056)
not a chance of installing without installing an unofficial bios?

nope, u need to flash ur mobo's bios to boot, all u need is a USB thumbdrive, kabyl hacked bios, and this guide from MSI..

drossxyu 09-16-2009 06:11 PM

Just wanted to report that the voodooHDA.kext worked perfectly for my sound and the apple usb ethernet adapter also worked ( despite it being specifically for the macbook air). I did have to go into the network tab to initialize it as for some reason as it wouldn't work right out of the box. I've been up and running for the past few days and have been enjoying plex from my couch. I've been using the iphone app 'Snatch' to control everything and it works fantastic, albeit a tad buggy/laggy. Certainly easier than figuring out how to frankenstein a macbook pro IR receiver into the motherboard. Thanks Again!

Rampage 09-17-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamka42 (Post 35057)
nope, u need to flash ur mobo's bios to boot, all u need is a USB thumbdrive, kabyl hacked bios, and this guide from MSI..

yeh i know how to flash a bios, the problem is that ATM there's no modified bios forked from the latest release, wich is required for my hardware to work properly.

i also would like to know "what" is modded in that BIOS to accomplish the task of booting snow leopard, couse if the only thing it does is modifying the ACPI components, i think that this stuff can be accomplished by creating an ad-hoc DSDT.aml file to throw to chameleon.

EDIT: Big news :)
i managed to boot into the installer with an unmodded BIOS \o/

now i have some more work to do but when i'll have a working installation i'll probably post all the procedures and files used :)

Rampage 09-17-2009 10:42 PM

Ok.
i managed to install OSX Snow Leopard on a MSI P35 platinum with the official BIOS, completely relaying on a DSDT.aml file.

it works perfectly except for audio and VGA detection, but i'm working on it :)

osxfr33k 09-23-2009 07:38 AM

djnitehawk, I have used the ev0sxpatcher (DSDTSE). I like the interface and I also like the number of hacks that are in the menu.

The issue I have are: SOme are FULL BLOWN script hacks and I have no idea where they go into your main DSDT.dsl file. Secondly some of those hacks somehow get inserted by DSDTSE even if you don't choose any of the first three. The main ones, RTC, HPET and DTGP.

And sometimes they still need tweaking for your particular motherboard. How does one know basically where in the main DSDT.dsl script those hacks go?

My Mainboard is an ASUS maximus Formula Special Edition the same as the MF.

Dismounted has a guide for this motherboard and a DSDT for it which I had to re run since my memory and processor was different. That over at Insanelymac.

I am also confused on which is the best method to extract the DSDT? Linux Live CD Cat command in a terminal window? Windows XP using Kaolala patcher or just OSX with a few options, fassl, gui version of fassl, DSDTSE etc etc etc.

I have read at the chameleon site that in OSX that runs chameleon and running a DSDT already may not be a good idea to extract your DSDT from that? Not sure why or what the difference is from Windows XP extractor or Linux.

We need a really good guide on what is important to fix and where in the script and what not to do as I mentioned above.

Thanks

djnitehawk 09-23-2009 08:11 AM

first of all... what actual issue's are you trying to fix with dsdt patching?

ive only needed the uhci/ehci usb buitin patch to get my sleep working...

people who do not have programming experience will not be able to easily use the dsdt hacks... they would be better off getting someone else to do it for them...

dsdtse does not apply any patches automatically... it is just a database of hacks and compiler/decompiler tools builtin so that people can do dsdt patching manually without the help of any other tools...

if ur mobo does not suffer from the cmos reset problem, simply generating a dsdt.aml with fassl's patcher would be sufficient to get ur snow leo up and running...

u only need to do dsdt manual patching if ur system suffer from issues such as: sleep/wake + cmos reset, etc...

if u attach a dsdt.aml from ur system and tell me which issues u have/ fixes u need... i could try to apply them manually and send u a fixed dsdt.aml (when i get some free time)...

doonkeykong 09-24-2009 05:24 AM

Need help installing SL on compaq presario C700

Hi all,
I have kalyway 5.3 running flawlessly on this laptop. But I have run practically every guide out thiere including this one by djnitehawk and I still get a hanging issue or kernel panic cpu not recognised etc when trying to load S leopard. Interestingly, it does the same on my wife's maching which is a core 2 duo with nvdia 8800GT.

Is there something I am doing wrong? am I mounting the snow leopard .dmg file propperly in disk ut? I followed the instructions by djnithawk and no errors came up in the patching process or anything--its just that it goes into the chameleon loader for a bit and hangs on "system uptime in nanoseconds 12238312821" or whatever.....some help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Simon

djnitehawk 09-24-2009 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doonkeykong (Post 35718)
Hi all,
I have kalyway 5.3 running flawlessly on this laptop. But I have run practically every guide out thiere including this one by djnitehawk and I still get a hanging issue or kernel panic cpu not recognised etc when trying to load S leopard. Interestingly, it does the same on my wife's maching which is a core 2 duo with nvdia 8800GT.

Is there something I am doing wrong? am I mounting the snow leopard .dmg file propperly in disk ut? I followed the instructions by djnithawk and no errors came up in the patching process or anything--its just that it goes into the chameleon loader for a bit and hangs on "system uptime in nanoseconds 12238312821" or whatever.....some help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Simon

please take a picture of the panic screen and post here... so we can understand what the problem is...

have u made sure ur disks are running sata-ahci and hpet is enabled in bios?

do u have any ide drives?

also download dpci manager and post a screenshot so we can understand what ur hardware config is...

we'll take it from there...

doonkeykong 09-24-2009 08:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi mate,
Thanks for your speedy reply. Ok, it appears these lappies have a rather basic bios. Sata option 'on' or 'off' no ahci or hpet.

But I have attached the boot error pic and DPCI system info your requested. If you can get it working for me I am happy to contribute something to your cause.

As I mentioned. Kalyway 5.2 disk and update with vanilla kernel works wonderfully on this little lapptop. OSX performance kills vista u or Win 7 RC 32

Thanks in advance
-Simon

djnitehawk 09-24-2009 10:00 AM

swt ill have a looksie now and reply soon...

btw im helpin ppl out with the hope of collectin some good karma... so if u can donate some good karma that should be all good...

and yeh i know... win7 cant even come close to our little hacky babies :-)

i c ur online... just hang in there a for a few more mins till i have a look at those pics...

djnitehawk 09-24-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doonkeykong (Post 35730)
Hi mate,
Thanks for your speedy reply. Ok, it appears these lappies have a rather basic bios. Sata option 'on' or 'off' no ahci or hpet.

But I have attached the boot error pic and DPCI system info your requested. If you can get it working for me I am happy to contribute something to your cause.

As I mentioned. Kalyway 5.2 disk and update with vanilla kernel works wonderfully on this little lapptop. OSX performance kills vista u or Win 7 RC 32

Thanks in advance
-Simon

quick question... is the processor on ur lappy "pentium dual core" or "core duo" or "core2 duo"?

and whats the model of ur lappy's graphics device? intel xxx?

try this and let me know what happens:

download & extract this kext and place in "/extra/extensions" of ur installer disk... ur still tryin to boot into the installer right? or are u tryin to boot into the installed snow on ur internal/target disk?

lemme know...

daze 09-24-2009 10:22 AM

Thank you for this great guide.

My System: ASUS P5W DH DELUXE, Intel Quad-CPU @2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 50GB SATA HD, Nvidia 8800 GTS (640MB)

Snow Leopard boots just fine in 64-bit and everything, except for the sound is working. But I don't bother for the missing internal audio, because I have a secondary external one.

My problem: transfer-rate on the USB-bus is extremely slow, e.g. syncing my iPhone with iTunes is nearly impossible. It takes ages. I have a separate working Leopard (10.5.8) installation and copying files via USB is very fast there.

Any suggestions where to tweak? Any help appreciated.

djnitehawk 09-24-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daze (Post 35734)
Thank you for this great guide.

My System: ASUS P5W DH DELUXE, Intel Quad-CPU @2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 50GB SATA HD, Nvidia 8800 GTS (640MB)

Snow Leopard boots just fine in 64-bit and everything, except for the sound is working. But I don't bother for the missing internal audio, because I have a secondary external one.

My problem: transfer-rate on the USB-bus is extremely slow, e.g. syncing my iPhone with iTunes is nearly impossible. It takes ages. I have a separate working Leopard (10.5.8) installation and copying files via USB is very fast there.

Any suggestions where to tweak? Any help appreciated.

try setting ur bios like this: http://p5w-dh-deluxe-osx86.wikidot.com/bios-settings

if that doesnt solve it, can u try booting in 32bit mode with the "arch=i386" boot flag and see if that makes any difference...

does system profiler show ur usb2.0 ports as EHCI? or are all ur usb ports shown as UHCI?

djnitehawk 09-24-2009 10:46 AM

@daze

if the above doesnt work for ya try replacing /S/L/E/iopcifamily.kext with this one

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/inde...pe=post&id=449

doonkeykong 09-24-2009 01:16 PM

Hey djnitehawk, I can feel the karma flowing through your coding into cyberspace already! If you can get me into this new OS I'll be in Nirvana....Snow style :-) Nah! just kidding

Anyway, here is the processor:

Intel® Celeron® Processor 560
• 2.13 GHz, Level 2 cache 1 MB.. sounds slow but it kicks ass with 5.3 Leopard! And
GFX = Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Here are the full specs:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en...8-3466274.html

Yes! I am booting into the "Snow" install (this is what I call it) on the external usb boot drive I created with your instructions on page 1 of this guide.

I did have a query however: In the 'terminal' instruction command of your file "snow-installer" you say: (1 partition the target disk..do you mean like is suggested here: http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2009/09...art-to-finish/

I ask because some say restore new partitioned disk as destination and the OSX snow dvd as source and others say to both this and install snow over it.

(2 go through this installer...I get that bit ;-)
(3 Install snow retail dvd or osinstall.mpkg) ......mate Im not sure about this bit.....are you wanting me to install snow over the drive after i have run the terminal patching? Its just that your guide on page 1 does not say this?

I think thats all I intended asking. I'll try your kext file. You'll hear from me soon. And again, great job your are doing buddy. :-)

doonkeykong 09-24-2009 01:20 PM

What the hell was with that black txt. Sorry man :(

doonkeykong 09-24-2009 01:37 PM

Is ti the NullCPUPowermanagement.kext? Dude I cant download the file...it keeps wanting to save it as html?
Cheers

doonkeykong 09-24-2009 02:19 PM

Something wacky is going on with the site/download. When I dload and open the file, nothing is in it. Can you please attache and mail it to me: "[email protected]

Thanks
Man

daze 09-24-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djnitehawk (Post 35737)
@daze

if the above doesnt work for ya try replacing /S/L/E/iopcifamily.kext with this one

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/inde...pe=post&id=449

Thank you for the quick reply.

This one actually restored the USB-speed, BUT strangely enough it killed my firewire; no devices found and also the System-Profiler sees no more firewire connections!

In Leopard (10.5.8) FireWire is still there and working.

djnitehawk 09-24-2009 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by doonkeykong (Post 35740)
Hey djnitehawk, I can feel the karma flowing through your coding into cyberspace already! If you can get me into this new OS I'll be in Nirvana....Snow style :-) Nah! just kidding

Anyway, here is the processor:

Intel® Celeron® Processor 560
• 2.13 GHz, Level 2 cache 1 MB.. sounds slow but it kicks ass with 5.3 Leopard! And
GFX = Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Here are the full specs:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en...8-3466274.html

Yes! I am booting into the "Snow" install (this is what I call it) on the external usb boot drive I created with your instructions on page 1 of this guide.

I did have a query however: In the 'terminal' instruction command of your file "snow-installer" you say: (1 partition the target disk..do you mean like is suggested here: http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2009/09...art-to-finish/

I ask because some say restore new partitioned disk as destination and the OSX snow dvd as source and others say to both this and install snow over it.

(2 go through this installer...I get that bit ;-)
(3 Install snow retail dvd or osinstall.mpkg) ......mate Im not sure about this bit.....are you wanting me to install snow over the drive after i have run the terminal patching? Its just that your guide on page 1 does not say this?

I think thats all I intended asking. I'll try your kext file. You'll hear from me soon. And again, great job your are doing buddy. :-)

im attaching the nullcpupowermgmt kext to this post... let me know if u have trouble downloading that as well...

fingers crossed... im hoping adding that kext will solve the "unsupported cpu" error... i havent seen anybody else running snow leo on celeron processors yet... maybe u could be the first :-)

if it still says that after adding the kext to ur usb drive's /extra/extensions, try booting with the following boot flag: (interrupt chameleon at boot by pressing any key and simply type in the following and hit enter)

cpus=1

and dont worry too much about the instructions on the actual script... what u should do next is:

boot into the snow installer (after resolving the current unsupported cpu problem)...

launch disk utility from within the installer...

format ur target SL partition (internal drive)... i suggest u create another test partition for SL rather than overwriting ur existing leo installation... maybe u should do that first from within leo cos that way u could resize ur leo partition and create a new SL partition with around 10gb for testing... im not too sure if the installer's disk utility will let u resize partitions... so do it from leo and prepare ur target SL partition before u fire up the usb installer... hope that makes it clear...

then from the installer's terminal, type: "/snow-installer/installnow" and make the SL target partition bootable... just like u made the installer bootable by running the script from ur leo desktop...

then just go ahead with the installer....

oh and if nullcpupm kext is what solves ur "unsupported cpu" problem, u should add it to your usb drive's "/snow-installer/filez/extra/extensions" as well so that it'll get installed to ur SL partition and let u boot into ur installed SL... or u will see the "unsupp. cpu" problem again after restarting and booting into ur newly installed SL...

let me know how u go... take notes/pics of any error msgs u see and remember what u did when u did it... :-)

good luck!!!

PS: u know what... u could do all ur SL testing on ur external usb drive itself if there's more free space left on it... how big is ur usb? the installer partition should be around 6-7gigs... does it have another 5-6gigs left for a test SL partition? this way u wont mess up ur internal LEO installation... this is how i tested SL when it came out, without touching my old 10.5 leo... if u end up going this way, remember to run my script for each partition... ie: once for the installer, once for the installed SL... even if its on the same disk...

djnitehawk 09-24-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daze (Post 35754)
Thank you for the quick reply.

This one actually restored the USB-speed, BUT strangely enough it killed my firewire; no devices found and also the System-Profiler sees no more firewire connections!

In Leopard (10.5.8) FireWire is still there and working.

you'll have to ask the ppl who made that patched iopcifamily about ur firewire issue...

here's the thread with that kext:
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/inde...t=0&#entry2520

framesx2x 09-25-2009 02:47 AM

hi djnitehawk

I try so many ways to install snow leopard, I do have it work right now, but with chameleon 1.0.1.2
32bit, when I want to use 64bit mode I hive to reboot and type in at boot, [ boot: -x64 ]
Yah, I no, it can be put in the [ com.apple.boot.com] , but it doesn't work me. but anyway

I have to say that you are the first person that got it right!!, on forum very nice work there dude.
4 starts for you..

So I download your file and started a new install, boy I I have to say that the installation when Nice
No problems at all..

So let say how I install it,

1} Restore DMG on a 40GB disk2, name: Mac OS X DVD Install.

2} Download the file: Snow_Installer_V1.1.zip

3} Unzip to my OSX 10.5.8 Desktop.

4} Ran the Installer and follow the prompts , install to " MySnowLeo " Drive.

Now the next step I did different.
I open my " Mac OSX Install DVD " and I can see what your script did.

5} So I ran the install from installation package. And when the install was Done, I didn't reboot.
I ran the install script again. And add kext's that I needed.

6} Open a Terminal and did the following:

* sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions
* sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions
* sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/NAMEOFSNOWVOLUME
* sudo touch /system/library/extensions

7} Reboot the system, it did rest.

Snow Leopard 10.6 Install and running in 64-bit mode.
sound = working
USB = working
Network = working
--------------------------------- Snow Leopard 10.6 Retail w/ update to 10.6.1, Install Script By dyitehawk --------------------------------------------------
Mother = > Asus Ranpage Extreme X48
Processor = > Q9450
Memory => DDR3 1600Mhz @ 7,7,7,24 T1
Graphic => BFG-8800GTS 640 HO2/ SS2
BIOS => #1202
HD =x3 => Seagate Barracada SATA-300/16
DVD = > Samsung 205RT/ DVD/RW DL SATA2
System is overclock 3.2Ghz @ 1600Mhz/ Stage3 Full waterblock's Cooling System.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8} what I need now is to the following, " command-Line "

When I open Pacifist I get this error:

Sorry, One or More of the following command-Line tools was not found.
/usr/bin/lsbom,/bin/pax,/bin/Mkdir,/bin/chmod or /usr/bin/update_Prebinding.

So how can I fix this

Thank you. Good Job on that Script.

djnitehawk 09-25-2009 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by framesx2x (Post 35797)
when I want to use 64bit mode I hive to reboot and type in at boot, [ boot: -x64 ] Yah, I no, it can be put in the [ com.apple.boot.com] , but it doesn't

When I open Pacifist I get this error:
Sorry, One or More of the following command-Line tools was not found.
/usr/bin/lsbom,/bin/pax,/bin/Mkdir,/bin/chmod or /usr/bin/update_Prebinding.

So how can I fix this

Thank you. Good Job on that Script.

u r welcome... and im glad to hear u have ur snow up and running...

and for setting 64bit in boot plist... have u tried "arch=x86_64"?

not too sure about pacifist... maybe u need upgrade to the latest pacifist which supports snow leo? havent used pacifist in a while so i dont know...

and good job on finding another way to use the script...

doonkeykong 09-25-2009 04:51 AM

Hi djnitehawk. Thanks for all this info. I will have a look at it this morning and get back to you with my results
-Simon

framesx2x 09-25-2009 05:03 AM

nice

Quote:

Originally Posted by djnitehawk (Post 35799)
u r welcome... and im glad to hear u have ur snow up and running...

and for setting 64bit in boot plist... have u tried "arch=x86_64"?

not too sure about pacifist... maybe u need upgrade to the latest pacifist which supports snow leo? havent used pacifist in a while so i dont know...

and good job on finding another way to use the script...

without me adding thing, it boot in 64-bit mode on it own.

if run a game thats 32-bit, would it switch over to 32-bit mode or do i hive reboot in 32-bit mode.

thanks

djnitehawk 09-25-2009 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by framesx2x (Post 35802)
without me adding thing, it boot in 64-bit mode on it own.

if run a game thats 32-bit, would it switch over to 32-bit mode or do i hive reboot in 32-bit mode.

thanks

from what i've read... the 64bit kernel can run 32bit apps without restarting machine...

and the 32bit kernel can run 64bit apps without restarting...

if u boot in 32bit and look at the "activity monitor" you will see that all the core apps/processes are infact running in 64bit and if u launch "system profiler" > extensions... u will see that most core drives are running in 64bit mode...

doonkeykong 09-25-2009 06:06 AM

I forgot to comment. The external usb drive I am using is one of these:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=561

And so fare I have had some SUCESS!! now I get past all the text in chameleon boot but it hangs at the white screen before an apple icon comes up. So YES! Your scrip has made progress.

1 Question: I have the Snow Leopard dmg file on my desktop. Do I only drag it to source and the formatted Snow (thats what I call it) disk (External drive on destop) to destination and then restore. Do I still have to install Snow Leopard dmg over that once its been restored.....thats what I'm not clear on (sorry if you have explained it)
Thanks

djnitehawk 09-25-2009 06:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by doonkeykong (Post 35805)
I forgot to comment. The external usb drive I am using is one of these:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=561

And so fare I have had some SUCESS!! now I get past all the text in chameleon boot but it hangs at the white screen before an apple icon comes up. So YES! Your scrip has made progress.

1 Question: I have the Snow Leopard dmg file on my desktop. Do I only drag it to source and the formatted Snow (thats what I call it) disk (External drive on destop) to destination and then restore. Do I still have to install Snow Leopard dmg over that once its been restored.....thats what I'm not clear on (sorry if you have explained it)
Thanks

progress indeed...

now it seems like a graphics detection problem...

download & extract the attached natit.kext.zip and place the natit.kext file in ur usb drive's "/Extra/Extensions" and "/snow-installer/filez/extensions"

i forgot to say this earlier... u should copy that nullcpupm kex to ur usb drive's "/snow-installer/filez/extra/extensions" as well so that it will get installed to ur ultimate SL target in the future...

then reboot into the usb and see if that gives u graphics...

and no there's no installing to the restored partition... only restoring the snow dvd is required... only installing is done to the ultimate target... i think u have done it right so far...

lemme know how u get on with the natit.kext...

PS: forgot to say... u need to edit both "/extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and "/snow-installer/filez/extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and change where it says "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to "GraphicsEnabler=No" before rebooting into the installer after adding natit...

framesx2x 09-25-2009 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djnitehawk (Post 35804)
from what i've read... the 64bit kernel can run 32bit apps without restarting machine...

and the 32bit kernel can run 64bit apps without restarting...

if u boot in 32bit and look at the "activity monitor" you will see that all the core apps/processes are infact running in 64bit and if u launch "system profiler" > extensions... u will see that most core drives are running in 64bit mode...

thanks

i tested with call of duty 2 and BF2142 running like angel...

thanks

snow running to fast, cool