InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [AMD] Snow Leopard 10A432 Install (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3727)

aryajuanda 09-07-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badkidforum (Post 33766)
Hey, i tried ur method :::
the problem with me is the kernel panic. with Mobdin test7 kernel

my Rig is.

AMD Phenom 2.6 GHz 9950BE
2GB Corsair Ram DDR 800
n Biostar TA790GXB A2+ v6.0 ( SB 750 and ALC662 ) -
Nvidia 8600GT 512 ( Working with injectors provided in 10.5.4 Disc ).
Everything working 100% in leopard ( LawlessPPC 10.5.4 patched with SB700 Kexts by me, updated yo 10.5.8 ), Even ALC662 works 100% .. shows in System profiler .. n all ..

For SL. ------- DSTC Patcher causes error . do i use Force compilation, * this is the only exception.
I just want to know if Mobdin Test7 kernel supports AMD ( specially mine one ). and m also using the GM Build.

m also available most of the time on
irc.osx86.hu – in #hackint0sh and #snowleopard.
me also trying the GM build, same as yours.

Thanks in advance.

can u post a picture of your KP so we can know what kind of KP do you have....

gm21 09-09-2009 06:24 AM

thanks 4 a great. I tried it on a friends laptop(AMD Turionx64). it works gr8. Just need to get Wifi/lan/sound working. :)

badkidforum 09-09-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aryajuanda (Post 33942)
can u post a picture of your KP so we can know what kind of KP do you have....

've got my SLeo working ...
now the only problem is. ALC662, getting choppy Output. How to fix that. m running in 32 bit/. using-x32 switch.
and Sleep problem ( mabe that would be solved using some new kernel ).

aryajuanda 09-09-2009 09:42 AM

i got my sleep fix with place my LPC PCI Id in AppleLPC.kext and use sleepenabler.kext for snow leopard... sleep and wake is working....

aryajuanda 09-10-2009 12:58 AM

Just Update iTunes 9 ... working great...

aryajuanda 09-10-2009 11:26 PM

10.6.1 Update

Updated to 10.6.1

All still working...

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/998...90911at509.jpg

Taisto 09-10-2009 11:35 PM

Tried it on my machine few times, but it never worked. Keeps rebooting after loading all kexts files.

aryajuanda 09-11-2009 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taisto (Post 34327)
Tried it on my machine few times, but it never worked. Keeps rebooting after loading all kexts files.

are u sure u have change the kernel.. the vanilla kernel make reboot om AMD.

u can also use chameleon 2 rc 3 to replace the boot file. install chameleon2 rc 2 and change the boot file with rc3

Lykich 09-11-2009 08:40 PM

Kernel source codes already are, will be for us a new kernel?

Taisto 09-12-2009 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aryajuanda (Post 34383)
are u sure u have change the kernel.. the vanilla kernel make reboot om AMD.

u can also use chameleon 2 rc 3 to replace the boot file. install chameleon2 rc 2 and change the boot file with rc3

Got it working. Now trying to win with the gfx card, but she's not giving up easily ( not that she did in leopard... ;) ).

EDIT : Ok, she lost already ;) Have it up and running with everything working just fine. Gonna test it for a while to see if it's usable.

Anyway, thanks for the guide - that's the only one which actually worked for my machine.

GothGargoyle 09-12-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GothGargoyle (Post 33384)
Thanks, this has helped me somewhat - if I use the -s I can get into Snow Leopard as I can bypass the fsck and mount the root drive.

However, if I let it boot normally (or try fsck from the terminal) I still get the "Can't initialize disk cache" error!

Worked around it for now by adding memsize=4096 to the startup parameter. Any idea why my system doesn't link >4Gb ? Could it be a limitation of the modbin kernel? I am hoping there will be a source patched kernel for non-supported CPUs soon and that it will help this problem disappear.

Taisto 09-12-2009 11:54 AM

I guess this kernel is 32bit only right now, so no >4Gb yet. But i might be wrong.

aryajuanda 09-12-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taisto (Post 34509)
I guess this kernel is 32bit only right now, so no >4Gb yet. But i might be wrong.

glad to hear its work on your system...

yes this is a 32 bit kernel only.. but you can try to boot kernel n kext in 64 bit mode (use -64_bit on boot arg) but is not working for me :D..

we have to wait for a new patched kernel to enable 64 bit mode.. i hope some one has start try to build it with latest xnu source..

Taisto 09-12-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aryajuanda (Post 34576)
glad to hear its work on your system...

yes this is a 32 bit kernel only.. but you can try to boot kernel n kext in 64 bit mode (use -64_bit on boot arg) but is not working for me :D..

we have to wait for a new patched kernel to enable 64 bit mode.. i hope some one has start try to build it with latest xnu source..

Actually im waiting for new kernel, cause on this one - dual core bug is present ( mouse starts to jump over the screen, and sound gets distorted after around 2 hourd ), just like the early days of Leopard =) but for now cpus=1 fix the problem.

Siro 09-13-2009 08:54 AM

How do I go about installing drivers for nVidia Geforce 9500 GT 512 MB the Efi Strings method results me in getting a boolean error via OSX86 Tools. I am going insane in trying to find a working method to get my card working in some way or the other.

aryajuanda 09-13-2009 10:25 AM

u can use your 10.5 VGA driver on 32 bit 10.6..

Siro 09-13-2009 10:44 AM

How to go about it, I have no idea how to make a .plist or whatever in order to get my card running via EFI Studio I was so fed up that I installed the 8600 GT one and using that for the time being. Any information will be highly welcomed.

lemn 09-13-2009 10:50 AM

still waiting for root device error

first, thanks for the giude, it's straightforward and easy to understand. i managed to install the new kitty, and it seems to boot just fine with the modbin kernel, but i got the damn still waiting for root device error. i only got that error with some early leopard distros, and now with snow.

what i did:
i have 2 sata drives, and they both have a partition for osx. i use one partition for leopard on a day-to-day basis, and the other one from the second drive to test new stuff on osx, like updates, etc.
if i need to boot from teh second drive, i use F8 at boot time to select the boot drive. i found this easier than to mess with the boot loader. each drive has it's own bootloader installed. (chameleon)
now i wanted to try out snow, so i formatted the second drive, followed the guide (again, thanks), and got in intalled.
i tried to boot from teh second drive, no kernel panics, no errors, except the dreaded still waiting for root device.
i tried to disable ata in bios, i set the sata to only sata0, removed the first drive, so the only drive in the system was the one with snow, and set up bios to boot from this drive first, so i don't have to use F8, but still the same error.
i even tried with the newer boot file from chameleon rc3, with no luck.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Taisto 09-13-2009 12:24 PM

@lemn - You have to add Your chipset support kext to the system before You can boot into it. If You had working leopard earlier - and have it now, cause You needed it - copy AppleVIA / AppleATA/VIAATA kexts from leopard Extension folder, to Snow Leopard Extensions folder. Make permissions and boot with -f. You should go through the error now.

lemn 09-13-2009 12:57 PM

thanks a lot

taisto, man, thank you, it works, i can't believe i was so stupid to forget to copy the chipset kext. live and learn, i guess :)

only one problem, and i think others have it too: why is the internet so slow? is this because of installing it to a foreign architecture, or is it a bug?

Taisto 09-13-2009 01:03 PM

No problem mate. We all learn here. As for the internet - how do You connect ? Wifi, Eth ? Try disabling FireWire port, it sometimes makes it laggy. And check if it's slow just on Safari or every browser.

lemn 09-13-2009 01:25 PM

same with firefox. problem is i have lots of lost packets, and the response time to my dns server has increased from 1ms in leopard to about 15 ms or more in snow.
when starting up, i get lots of error on screen about my network chipset, realtek 8139, something about error and then restarting.

lemn 09-13-2009 02:17 PM

after some searching, i found a solution for the internet speed problem:

replace the original kext with the one found here:
http://cid-8b65993ef55cf014.skydrive.live.com/home.aspx

also replace realtek kext inside IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins

the solution was found here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=181856

i hope it's ok to post links to other forums, if not then please let me know so i can edit my post. thanks.

aryajuanda 09-13-2009 07:53 PM

thanks for the sollution.. it will help for other user with a same problem..
i dont have this problem on my system.... :D

lemn 09-14-2009 07:41 AM

of course the solution was available on this forum also, here:
http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/rtl81...n-64bit-t3917/

i guess i should read the forum first, and ask stupid questions later. i was probably too excited about the new kitty :)

ToroLoco 09-14-2009 09:09 PM

I am trying to follow your guide, but I have the below problem. I can't restore the image that I have downloaded. Whenever I try to scan the image for restore I get one of the following messages:

Unable to scan "imagename.dmg". (Invalid Argument) or Unable to scan "imagename.dmg". (Resource temporarily unavailable).

What is wrong. I have trying both with mounted and unmounted image but the result is the same. I am running Leopard 10.5.5 and the disk is MBR formated.

Any solution?

victori 09-14-2009 09:56 PM

Successful upgrade

AMD Athlon X2 6000+
Biostar nforce4 mobo
geforce8600 GT
4gigs of ram

Upgraded to Snow Leopard on a second disk. Everything worked flawlessly, wifi,audio,video etc. No issues and the Kernel panics I used to have under 10.5.x with the applenforceata driver are no more. I can finally use all of my 4gigs of ram.

I have patched spotlight prefpane yet it still crashes when I click the privacy tab, is there any work around for this?

jazZbaR 09-14-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aryajuanda (Post 31797)
After an successful install n boot into snow leopard i found some problem iTunes is crashing everytime..
the problem is the amd legacy kernel from modbin for snow leopard doen't have a on fly cpuids patch like voodoo based kermel so we need to do a cpuids patch.
u can use a Marvin's AMD Utilities to do this patch.
for Fix some problem u can run a cpuid patch on :

iTunes
Code:

/System/Library/QuickTime/
and
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/

Spotlight
Code:

/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Spotlight.prefPane

If i try to patch the cpuidīs i get the error message: WARNING! Unable to determine encrypted files to patch -- Stopping.

Have anybody an idea?

scififan68 09-14-2009 11:15 PM

Select the last option and patch the /System folder and it will work =)

jazZbaR 09-15-2009 12:09 AM

THX :) It works

aryajuanda 09-15-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToroLoco (Post 34854)
I am trying to follow your guide, but I have the below problem. I can't restore the image that I have downloaded. Whenever I try to scan the image for restore I get one of the following messages:

Unable to scan "imagename.dmg". (Invalid Argument) or Unable to scan "imagename.dmg". (Resource temporarily unavailable).

What is wrong. I have trying both with mounted and unmounted image but the result is the same. I am running Leopard 10.5.5 and the disk is MBR formated.

Any solution?

can u mount the dmg file...if you cannot mount it maybe your installer is corrupted.

ToroLoco 09-15-2009 09:55 AM

The image can be mounted and the installer starts, but it returns the message that I can't install to that drive or something similar.

How can I change the OSInstall.mpkg and perform the install, is there any other way?

Taisto 09-15-2009 10:05 AM

Try converting the DMG to read/write ISO in Disk Utility. Dont know if it isn't protected against it, but it's worth a try.

aryajuanda 09-15-2009 10:08 AM

you can restore the installer to a partition in your usb drive or hdd and change the osinstall.mpkg for mbr hdd.. so you will need 2 empty partition 1 for installer and 1 for snow

ToroLoco 09-15-2009 10:10 AM

Actually I have downloaded the image in .cdr format and I have convert it to dmg with DMGConverter with read/write permissions.
I will try to convert with disk utility to Iso as you write and I will post back.

ToroLoco 09-15-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aryajuanda (Post 34927)
you can restore the installer to a partition in your usb drive or hdd and change the osinstall.mpkg for mbr hdd.. so you will need 2 empty partition 1 for installer and 1 for snow

I have that ready, but I can't restore the image to the empty drive.

Taisto 09-15-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToroLoco (Post 34929)
I have that ready, but I can't restore the image to the empty drive.

What's the error that it's giving ? Maybe You have to Verify the image ?

ToroLoco 09-15-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taisto (Post 34931)
What's the error that it's giving ? Maybe You have to Verify the image ?

But when I try to scan the image is that I get the errors. The errors that I have are mentioned on my initial message.

"Unable to scan "imagename.dmg". (Invalid Argument) or Unable to scan "imagename.dmg". (Resource temporarily unavailable)."

depending if the dmg is mounted or not.

aryajuanda 09-15-2009 11:29 AM

have u try to restore it without convert it to dmg?

ToroLoco 09-15-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aryajuanda (Post 34936)
have u try to restore it without convert it to dmg?

Yes and it returns the same errors.

Lykich 09-15-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macxuser33 (Post 31903)
Kernel works fine on intel ( Pentium D )

kernel works fine on intel Pentium 4 531 )
Motherboard: Asus P5LD2,GeForce 6600....
sleep not work.........

lemn 09-15-2009 01:34 PM

anyone has any idea about getting the mic to work on adi1988 using voodoohda? i get an error "couldn't set recording source to microphone" when starting up.
it worked perfectly on leopard with taruga driver, but i get a kp in sl, so i'm trying voodoohda.
also, does anyone know a good applenforceata kext? the one i'm using(same as in leopard) halts for about 30 seconds at applenforceata: found 0 units.
thanks.

Lykich 09-15-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modbin (Post 31922)
About binpatched kernel and source modded kernel:

on the fly patcher requires a kernel source from apple and a huge workaround. Since apple did not release 10.6 kernel sources yet, the only way to make the kernel work on amd is to modify it with a hexeditor. eg take the original kernel and patch it. A binpatched kernel will never support the "on the fly cpuid patcher". Itīs not possible!

greets,
modbin ;)

Source codes are for a long time already, there will be a new kernel?:)

ToroLoco 09-15-2009 07:28 PM

well even if I convert the cdr image with disk utility I can't scan the image in order to restore it to the HD.
When the image is not mounted I get the "invalid argument" error and when it is mounted I get the "Resource temporarily unavailable" error.

Any other solution? I am open to suggestions.

lemn 09-16-2009 07:50 AM

why do you want to restore the image to a hd? do you have 2 disks, one with leopard and another one where you want to install snow? if so, you don't need to restore the image, you can just mount the dmg image and follow exactly the steps from the first post of this thread, and it should work.

ToroLoco 09-16-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemn (Post 35002)
why do you want to restore the image to a hd? do you have 2 disks, one with leopard and another one where you want to install snow? if so, you don't need to restore the image, you can just mount the dmg image and follow exactly the steps from the first post of this thread, and it should work.

I have mbr partition so I have to restore it in order to change the OSInstal.mpkg.

Taisto 09-16-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToroLoco (Post 35005)
I have mbr partition so I have to restore it in order to change the OSInstal.mpkg.

Hmm, how about going through the 10.5 install again and creating GUID partition table ? It has some advantages over MBR ( check Wiki ) and it would save You some problems with 10.6. Well, You might consider that i guess =)

Anyway, if You can't do this - any reasons - here's edited file :

http://rapidshare.com/files/27016921...stall.mpkg.zip

If You can't restore the image, You could try at least modifying it and replacing the original one with this one.

ToroLoco 09-16-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taisto (Post 35027)
Hmm, how about going through the 10.5 install again and creating GUID partition table ? It has some advantages over MBR ( check Wiki ) and it would save You some problems with 10.6. Well, You might consider that i guess =)

Anyway, if You can't do this - any reasons - here's edited file :

http://rapidshare.com/files/27016921...stall.mpkg.zip

If You can't restore the image, You could try at least modifying it and replacing the original one with this one.

But I have the file, but I can't replace it without restoring the image. I can't open the image to edit the files.

lemn 09-16-2009 11:45 AM

do you have anything that you need on the drive you want to install snow onto? if not, it might be easier for you to just repartition the drive again with diskutil, and create uuid partitions.

ToroLoco 09-16-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemn (Post 35029)
do you have anything that you need on the drive you want to install snow onto? if not, it might be easier for you to just repartition the drive again with diskutil, and create uuid partitions.

This is what I am tying to avoid, because I have a Windows partition in the same HD and I don't want to loose the data.