InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lion with AMD (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7106)

The Connactic 09-21-2012 05:38 AM

Lion is stuck in 32-bit for now on AMD machines, except Bulldozers. As i told you :)

So, the Finder ain't gonna work, since it's 64-bit. As i told you.

Therefore, why don't you refer to the tutorial i linked to you, if that tutorial is precisely the reason i can run Lion on AMD, as i told you?

Here's the link again: http://www.google.com.br/url?sa=t&rc...S0xb2nQGEmv81Q

Godofwar 09-21-2012 08:47 AM

Alright, I have Lion working with internet, sound and graphics card on 10.7.2. Everything seems to be working fine but how do I set up Lion so I don't have to type -legacy -v arch=i386 npci=0x3000 each time I want to access the Lion operating system? Or am I screwed in that department?

Edit: I also believe my applications folder isn't working. I tried adding Google Chrome to it but it refuses to save to applications folder. This is ashamed since Safari is a bad browser compared to Chrome. Alright something funky is going on. I can't save stuff off cps onto the Mac hard drive... This is very strange... Can't save programs to the application folder and can't save files to hard drive. It won't even let me update to 10.7.3 because software update doesn't even work. (I think I solved this, I think I had to initialized my disc for whatever reason or whatever that means, Now I can saved files on hard-disk)

Also, sometimes the sound seems out of sync at times on some youtube videos. Is this going to have to happen or is there a solution for that? I'm using voodoohda-2.7.4, should I be using something else? Am I stuck with sound only coming out of my 2 front speaks instead of all 5 or 4 of my speakers?

The Connactic 09-21-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godofwar (Post 58849)
Alright, I have Lion working with internet, sound and graphics card on 10.7.2. Everything seems to be working fine but how do I set up Lion so I don't have to type -legacy -v arch=i386 npci=0x3000 each time I want to access the Lion operating system? Or am I screwed in that department?

Partly: there's a text file called org.chameleon.plist in the Extra folder. Edit it, so it has these lines:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-legacy -v arch=i386 npci=0x3000</string>

Quote:

Edit: I also believe my applications folder isn't working. I tried adding Google Chrome to it but it refuses to save to applications folder. This is ashamed since Safari is a bad browser compared to Chrome. Alright something funky is going on. I can't save stuff off cps onto the Mac hard drive... This is very strange... Can't save programs to the application folder and can't save files to hard drive. It won't even let me update to 10.7.3 because software update doesn't even work. (I think I solved this, I think I had to initialized my disc for whatever reason or whatever that means, Now I can saved files on hard-disk)

This is the copy/paste bug. Search this very topic for the name jeaton :)

Quote:

Also, sometimes the sound seems out of sync at times on some youtube videos. Is this going to have to happen or is there a solution for that? I'm using voodoohda-2.7.4, should I be using something else? Am I stuck with sound only coming out of my 2 front speaks instead of all 5 or 4 of my speakers?

You must patch your DSDT. Google "olarila".

Godofwar 09-21-2012 08:24 PM

Alright I know how to install Hackintosh Lion now, but this problem exists. I still can't get Windows 7 and Lion to exist with each other. It seems both of them only work when their installed on the first harddrive. This makes 0 sense to me. Neither want to be the 2nd harddrive. For some reason a old bootloader shows up for Chameleon when ever I set Hackintosh Lion up on the 2nd harddrive. A 2009 bootloader which does not work with Chamelon. But the recent bootloader works with Hackintosh Lion when Lion is on the first harddrive. I need to have Windows 7 on my computer aswell because I have a VHBL 1.80 version of Playstation vita, plus I do gaming with my gtx 570. So I can't choose one of the other and I really want Lion operating system because I'm geeky with this stuff and I enjoy having two different operating systems on my computer.

This is what I tried to do. I installed Windows 7 on my first harddrive, than I installed Snow Leopard on my second harddrive and while I was setting up Lion on Snow Leopard(2nd harddrive) I partition Snow Leopard to be only 70 gigs giving the other 400gigs to Lion. After I was done installing Lion(setting it up, Mach Kernel, 32 bit Finder, and recent Chameleon Boot Loader). I went back into my Windows 7 side and deleted Snow Leopards partition. But no, something acts up and for some reason Lion ignores that it has a new bootloader and is trying to use a 2009 version of Chameleon bootloader.

I'll be back later and hopefully someone knows what is going on, I'm going out for a jog because this pisses me off and makes me believe this two operating systems really hate each other and both want to be my first hard-drive(Which isn't possible plus I don't want them both to be my first hard-drive).

The Connactic 09-21-2012 09:13 PM

Snow Leopard was in the second partition of that HD? I hope so, then you can add that 70 gigs to Lion. Then:

1) Make sure in your BIOS to have SATA mode set up as AHCI (or RAID, if you don't have AHCI as an option);

2) Boot in Lion. Disconnect the Win7 HD;

3) Reinstall Chameleon. Use the latest revision.

4) Reconnect the Win7 HD;

5) Enjoy.

P.S.: I'm assuming that all your HDs are SATA. If one or both of them are PATA, forget it. :)

instant idiot 09-21-2012 09:46 PM

O.K, I'm about to try this all again. Can someone please remind me what the procedure for fixing reportcrash is? I just don't feel like digging through 116 pages. :P

EDIT: http://osx86.co/f100/lion-with-amd-t...html#post57631

And, remove /System/Library/CoreServices/ReportCrash.

EDITEDIT: I beat you to it! Rebooting now...

The Connactic 09-21-2012 09:50 PM

Search for the keyword jeaton. :)

EDIT: If you have access to a real mac, or to an intel or atom hackintosh with iCloud running, you can follow my get to set up iCloud on your hack: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/top...-a-workaround/

Godofwar 09-21-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58850)
Partly: there's a text file called org.chameleon.plist in the Extra folder. Edit it, so it has these lines:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

This is the copy/paste bug. Search this very topic for the name jeaton :)

You must patch your DSDT. Google "olarila".

Don't see my motherboard listed, am I out of luck or is my Asus motherboard similar to one of those that I can probably use a patch still? Asus M4A79XTD EVO

How do I edit org.chameleon.plist, because TextEdit won't open it.

The Connactic 09-21-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godofwar (Post 58857)
Don't see my motherboard listed, am I out of luck or is my Asus motherboard similar to one of those that I can probably use a patch still? Asus M4A79XTD EVO

I'm not sure, i advise you to register there and ask, some of them are pretty well informed there on this subject.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godofwar (Post 58857)
How do I edit org.chameleon.plist, because TextEdit won't open it.

It opens with text edit! Drag and drop to it, or use the mouse's right button and select open with, and uncheck the "recommended" box, and choose text edit.

Godofwar 09-21-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58858)
I'm not sure, i advise you to register there and ask, some of them are pretty well informed there on this subject.

It opens with text edit! Drag and drop to it, or use the mouse's right button and select open with, and uncheck the "recommended" box, and choose text edit.

I don't know how to search this topic, How do I fix that annoying bug that won't let me save stuff on my hard drive and won't let me put google chrome in the applications folder? Is there a simple fix for that or is that hard to fix? I hope for simple fix because I just want to relax. :D

The Connactic 09-21-2012 11:26 PM

Take a look at this link: your answer is in pink, red and purple types: http://www.osx86.net/view/2723-amd_k...or_10.7.4.html

Godofwar 09-21-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58860)
Take a look at this link: your answer is in pink, red and purple types: http://www.osx86.net/view/2723-amd_k...or_10.7.4.html

Still don't understand, also I can't download anything from os86's website because they have a download limit... :eek:

Also, I finally got chameleon boot thing to open but it's protected and won't let me save <key>Kernel Flags</key>

Damn, I just connected my Windows 7 hard drive back in and Chameleon loader is still the old version for Lion... Also, for some reason the free space 70gigs will not combine with Lion... I don't understand why the 2009 Chameleon won't go away, I've installed the latest Chameleon like a zillion times on the lions hard drive. It only detects the latest Chameleon when Windows isn't plugged in... How strange.

The Connactic 09-22-2012 12:10 AM

Because you installed Snow Leopard in the first partition. Now, that becomes dead space. In disk utility, once you set a partition scheme, only the first one is malleable. The second one cannot be resized, so you're out of luck. Maybe this is also the cause for the persistence of Snow Leo's old Chameleon. :)

By the way, when you installed Snow Leopard, you remembered to disconnect the Windows drive before doing it? Because maybe the old chameleon you see is the one that was installed in the Windows drive in the case you forgot to disconnect it, so you would be again out of luck. When installing OSX, and specially installing chameleon, always disconnect your Windows and other OSes disks.

Godofwar 09-22-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58863)
Because you installed Snow Leopard in the first partition. Now, that becomes dead space. In disk utility, once you set a partition scheme, only the first one is malleable. The second one cannot be resized, so you're out of luck. Maybe this is also the cause for the persistence of Snow Leo's old Chameleon. :)

By the way, when you installed Snow Leopard, you remembered to disconnect the Windows drive before doing it? Because maybe the old chameleon you see is the one that was installed in the Windows drive in the case you forgot to disconnect it, so you would be again out of luck. When installing OSX, and specially installing chameleon, always disconnect your Windows and other OSes disks.

Can't do that, if I do that Snow Leopard will not detect my mouse. For some reason Windows 7 and Snow Leopard are linked to each other even tho their on two seperate Harddrives. I've remembered in the past when I tried to install Snow Leopard and my usb Mouse was messed up and I had no internet. But when I had Windows 7 on the main harddrive(1st Harddrive) and Snow Leopard on the second it would pick up the usb mouse and internet connection. I am using Hazards distro keep that in mind, not sure if its much different than a real Snow Leopard OS.

instant idiot 09-22-2012 01:56 AM

I just tried installing the 10.7.5 update combo, and it corrupted the filesystem! (Fsck says "invalid node structure.") I'm going to try installing it again. If that fails, I'll know something strange is going on.

@The Connactic: Thanks for the tip, but I don't use iCloud, so that doesn't affect me.

Godofwar 09-22-2012 02:03 AM

Do I have to update or can I stick with 10.7.2 Lion? Because I tried updating to 10.7.3 earlier and it was a waste of time because it would not let me replace Finder. I still have that stupid bug where I can't add applications and sometimes I can't even replace stuff. I might be giving up on Hackintosh soon enough if I cant get Windows 7 and Lion together. I'm going to try your method of installing Snow Leopard on the 2nd partition and with Windows 7's harddrive unplugged. I just hope I don't run into that stupid error where my usb mouse isn't detected again. Not only does it not detect usb mice than, but even if I used my semi broken mouse that isn't USB cord, when I get to the main snow leopard screen it freezes and I can't type... It's weird, I don't know why it does that... But will see. Hackintosh is a pain in the ass and I'm not sure any operating system is worth all this trouble. Plus, when I was in Lion I thought Snow Leopards wallpaper and some of the icons on Snow Leopard actually looked better looking. The Applications folder on Lion is fugly, I liked the one on Snow Leopard. Mind you I'm sure there's a program out there to change the applications folder. I alson don't like that rocket launcher.

The Connactic 09-22-2012 02:50 AM

Godofwar, if you can stand the difficulties of running Lion on AMD, you should stay on Snow Leopard. It's not the latest and greatest, but it's far better than anything Windows can offer (well, i didn't use Win8 to know better) and run great on AMD!

Lion, as i told you, takes a lot of effort to run stable and will run only 32-bit (that means no original Finder, no Xcode, no 64-bit cool game etc etc etc)., unless you have a Bulldozer FX-Series CPU.

Godofwar 09-22-2012 02:56 AM

Hazard Snow and Windows 7 need each other... My cursor only works when Windows 7 harddrive is plugged in... This is weird?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58867)
Godofwar, if you can stand the difficulties of running Lion on AMD, you should stay on Snow Leopard. It's not the latest and greatest, but it's far better than anything Windows can offer (well, i didn't use Win8 to know better) and run great on AMD!

Lion, as i told you, takes a lot of effort to run stable and will run only 32-bit (that means no original Finder, no Xcode, no 64-bit cool game etc etc etc)., unless you have a Bulldozer FX-Series CPU.

Gtx 570 isn't supported on Snow Leopard. I don't know of any kexts that exist that can get gtx 570 to work so I can have 1920x1200 resolution for Snow Leopard.

The Connactic 09-22-2012 03:02 AM

Don't you have an onboard graphics in your MoBo, Godofwar? Since it's an AMD, the onboard graphics are usually ATI or AMD too...

instant idiot 09-22-2012 03:30 AM

Bad news: I tried installing 10.7.5 again: it corrupted the filesystem again! Now, I'm going to try first updating to 10.7.4 and then to 10.7.5.

Godofwar 09-22-2012 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58869)
Don't you have an onboard graphics in your MoBo, Godofwar? Since it's an AMD, the onboard graphics are usually ATI or AMD too...

My onboard sucks really bad it has vysnc problems in Windows 7, so I wouldn't expect it to be much better on Mac even if I could get it to work on Snow Leopard. I also tried your method of putting Lion as the first partition and Snow Leopard as the 2nd. I installed Lion again and than I put Hazards Snow in so I could delete and make Lion partition into entire Lion Harddrive(That part worked, Lion is the whole hard drive now). Now the part that didn't work is that its still Chameleon boot loader 2009 instead of the latest one... The Latest Chameleon Bootloader only works when I don't have Windows 7 Hard-drive connected.

Also, I found out the solution to why I wasn't able to save applications to my apps folder. It was that graphics card kexts I was installing! It was causing issues with my Hackintosh Lion. So, I'm forced to update to 10.7.3 now. I'm updating to 10.7.3 now. All I have to do is replace kernel and the dock after I install 10.7.3 right? 10.7.3 has official drivers that support Nvidia Gtx 570 if I remember correctly.

Godofwar 09-22-2012 04:32 AM

Thanks for all your help guys. But this has hurt my brain long enough. I'm giving up on this Hackintosh garbage. Macs an overrated operating system with less software support than Windows. The only reason I wanted it is because I like the look and feel to a mac. But no operating system is worth this much pain. Bye, thanks for you help.

The Connactic 09-22-2012 04:43 AM

You're welcome! :)

Godofwar 09-22-2012 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58873)
You're welcome! :)

Sorry I failed, I tried. I been trying to get Lion to work forever. I had fun with the 6 months I had Snow Leopard working(last yr before my 470 died). I know operating systems are beautiful from the eyes of the beholder but something just feels plain/boring about Windows 7 to me. Also, I think I preferred Snow Leopard over Lion, they did some little changes I didn't like. I tried Mac themes over Windows but that just doesn't work for me. If my 470 gtx hadn't died, I would still have snow leopard on my computer. Too many problems with Lion I have ran into for me to even try to keep this up. Can't even get the bootloader to work with it properly when paired with Windows 7. I couldn't find a graphics driver to work properly that wouldn't mess up me putting files on harddrives or saving application to the apps folder. And I noticed the sound problems, where things would go out of sync. Just too many issues for me to deal with and some of them seem kind of complicating to try to fix. Also, I was running sound from my motherboard when I have a nice sound card creative x-fi that isn't getting used. Also, it always bothered me with Hackintosh how I could never get 5.1 sound but just 2 speakers working.

instant idiot 09-22-2012 04:53 AM

Now I don't know what's going on: I tried to install the 10.7.4 combo update, and the same thing happened! (corrupted filesystem) Ideas, anyone?

The Connactic 09-22-2012 04:56 AM

The corrupted filesystem message happens when you boot your system, or during the installation of the combo?

instant idiot 09-22-2012 06:27 AM

It happens during boot. I also forgot to mention that the installer claims it failed: there's an I/O error with some temp file in /var/zz. (I think.) If it would be useful, I can reinstall (again) and post the exact error from the log.

Code:

fsck from util-linux 2.21.2
** /dev/sdj3
** Checking HFS Plus volume.
** Checking Extents Overflow file.
** Checking Catalog file.
  Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
  Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
  Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
  Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
  Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
  Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
  Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
  Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
  Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
  Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
  Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
  Invalid record count
(8, 20801)
  Invalid node structure
(4, 14173)
** Volume check failed.

Godofwar 09-23-2012 05:14 AM

Out of curiosity, what are you guys using to have Windows 7(Harddrive1) and Lion(Harddrive2) boot together? I use a program called EasyBcd. Just wondering if maybe that was my problem or not. EasyBcd is what I used with Snow Leopard when I had a 470 gtx.

The Connactic 09-23-2012 06:29 AM

I am! But i must confess, my windows 7 installation is on a PATA disk. I have one PATA for Win 7 and three SATA for respectively Lion 10.7, my time machine for both my AMD and my Atom netbook (which backs up to it via network) and a big NTFS 1.5TB for general storage.

I think that your problem is indeed related with Bcd, and the mess happened when you installed Snow Leopard: i think you forgot to disconnect your Windows disk when you first installed Snow Leo, and now the old bootloader survives in your Windows HD, and it doesn't matter how many times you reformat your OSX disk.

My best advice would be, if you have all your data securely backed up, to erase windows, reinstall it (remember to disconnect the OSX disk, if it still there) and then disconnect the Windows disk and install Lion with the latest chameleon. ;)

The Connactic 09-23-2012 06:30 AM

Instant Idiot, i never saw anything like you're experiencing. Sorry if i'm of little help now. :(

Godofwar 09-23-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58881)
I am! But i must confess, my windows 7 installation is on a PATA disk. I have one PATA for Win 7 and three SATA for respectively Lion 10.7, my time machine for both my AMD and my Atom netbook (which backs up to it via network) and a big NTFS 1.5TB for general storage.

I think that your problem is indeed related with Bcd, and the mess happened when you installed Snow Leopard: i think you forgot to disconnect your Windows disk when you first installed Snow Leo, and now the old bootloader survives in your Windows HD, and it doesn't matter how many times you reformat your OSX disk.

My best advice would be, if you have all your data securely backed up, to erase windows, reinstall it (remember to disconnect the OSX disk, if it still there) and then disconnect the Windows disk and install Lion with the latest chameleon. ;)

Yeah, but I told you earlier that I tried your method about disconnecting Windows 7 when Snow Leopard was installing and than my usb mouse refused to work. Oh well, I should quit looking into trying to get Lion to boot with Windows. I mean I had other problems such as audio being out of sync and Apps folder would mess up and not save apps. Is Lion osx suppose to be as buggy as it was for me or does it just really hate my Amd cpu? I would like to some how get hacked 500 series 570 drivers for snow leopard but none exist that I know of. That would probably make things much more simpler for me. :D

instant idiot 09-23-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58882)
Instant Idiot, i never saw anything like you're experiencing. Sorry if i'm of little help now. :(

Oh well, I have a flawless Snow Leopard installation, so I'm not missing out big time. :) I think I'll try a different HDD and connect it via SATA instead of USB just to see if it makes a difference.

Godofwar 09-23-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instant idiot (Post 58886)
Oh well, I have a flawless Snow Leopard installation, so I'm not missing out big time. :) I think I'll try a different HDD and connect it via SATA instead of USB just to see if it makes a difference.

What is the need to update to Lion if you have a flawless Snow Leopard? You're not running into the problem like I am where your graphics card isn't supported are you? Or was there a certain software Lion had that you wanted.

instant idiot 09-23-2012 08:11 PM

None whatsoever. I don't even use OS X as my main OS. There's a new version, so I figure I might as well try to install it.

About the graphics card: I haven't even got it to work in Lion yet, while it works fine in Snow Leopard. (ATI Radeon HD 5670)

Godofwar 09-24-2012 07:01 AM

I'm having some luck now. I finally got Mac Lion and Windows to work each other. I even set it up how I like it where when I'm on my Mac side I can drop files on my Windows 7 side. It was really simple to fix, it seems EasyBCD and Windows7/Lion didn't like each other. So what I did was set Lion's hard drive to boot first. Now I can choose either to start Mac or press f8 to go in my Windows 7 side. Now my problem is that I have to find a adobe flash that works correctly with Mac. I'm on some chatrooms and it keeps saying that it needs to save storage but won't let me click yes on it when I want to. I had that same problem with Snow Leopard and I'm pretty sure I solved that by installing an older version of flash. Right now I haven't installed my graphics card drivers yet tho. If anyone has good drivers for 570 for Lion I'd appreciate them. I'm afraid to install the gtx 570 kexts I have right now because I know it will mess with the applications folder like it did last time. I'm also afraid of updating to 10.7.3 because last time that also messed up saving applications and files to my hard drive.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the fact that for whatever reason command -legacy -v arch=i386 npci=0x3000 does not always work. Is that normal or is something up with my system for that to not always work? Maybe I need a different command? Sometimes I need to restart my computer up to 5 times just before the command actually works.

Yeah, I'm gonna need a solution for that flash problem I have. It sucks, a chatroom I frequently visit has a storage thing and when I click yes or okay on it it just won't let me. I can take a screenshot of it if you don't know what I mean.

The Connactic 09-24-2012 07:36 AM

It's probably because of your graphics. The flash issues, probably the same issue: flash movies needs QE/CI, which needs a properly working Graphics Card. So you have to chase those drivers: good luck! :)

One more thing about the commands: i think you need only -legacy npci=0x3000, since arch=i386 would be redundant (all patched kernels are 32-bit already) and -v would make you always boot verbose (with UNIX console output), instead of that clean and beautiful apple logo.

Godofwar 09-24-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58901)
It's probably because of your graphics. The flash issues, probably the same issue: flash movies needs QE/CI, which needs a properly working Graphics Card. So you have to chase those drivers: good luck! :)

One more thing about the commands: i think you need only -legacy npci=0x3000, since arch=i386 would be redundant (all patched kernels are 32-bit already) and -v would make you always boot verbose (with UNIX console output), instead of that clean and beautiful apple logo.

Is there a way I can put my harddrive on the desktop like in Snow Leopard or does that require updating or is this because I'm on AMD with Lion?

Also, where did you say I'm suppose to put -legacy npci=0x3000 so I don't have to always type it?

The Connactic 09-24-2012 07:54 AM

Finder preferences. And org.chameleon.plist in Extra folder for the boot flags (search my post, man, i won't type those key/strings again).

I strongly suggest you to use Path Finder instead of the 32-bit Finder. DP2 finder really sucks, and has some copy/paste/trash issues that are really annoying and tricky to solve. Path Finder works quite well and add some features, like the ability to cut files instead of just copy/paste, and some built-in features that substitute ones from Lion's core services that will like malfunction on -legacy mode. The downside is that you can use it free for only 30 days. :(

Godofwar 09-24-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58903)
Finder preferences. And org.chameleon.plist in Extra folder for the boot flags (search my post, man, i won't type those key/strings again).

I strongly suggest you to use Path Finder instead of the 32-bit Finder. DP2 finder really sucks, and has some copy/paste/trash issues that are really annoying and tricky to solve. Path Finder works quite well and add some features, like the ability to cut files instead of just copy/paste, and some built-in features that substitute ones from Lion's core services that will like malfunction on -legacy mode. The downside is that you can use it free for only 30 days. :(

Idk if i just caught a virus or what, but I was downloading a crapload of Mac browsers and all of a sudden I do not get any video from youtube videos and game trailer videos. I have not installed Nvidia drivers yet, so I don't know if that will fix it. But I find it weird I get black vides on youtube now. A mac virus? :mad:

EDIT: I do not know what caused that to happen but now its solved. I updated my drivers now I'm Mac'ing it up at 1920x1200 resolution. Another problem is that as I said earlier, the key commands to boot Lion up don't always work and take me like 5 times to finally boot up. I tried your boot command but instantly got a kernel panic. This is some weird stuff, I wonder if there's a solution to it.

My trash can won't empty either, there's this file in there called fseventsd-uuid. It's always in there...

The Connactic 09-24-2012 03:38 PM

LOL!

Open Terminal.app. Type:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE

Hit enter, than type:

killall Finder

You'll see that fseventsd-uuid vanishing like magic. :)

Godofwar 09-24-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58905)
LOL!

Open Terminal.app. Type:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE

Hit enter, than type:

killall Finder

You'll see that fseventsd-uuid vanishing like magic. :)

Nope, still there. Also, I never told Lion to show hidden files. So I don't know why I would have to tell them to hide them now... Your -legacy npci=0x3000 boot command worked but problem is that I still crash every so often before booting up Lion. No matter if I type -legacy -v arch=i386 npci=0x3000 or -legacy npci=0x3000

I am using the correct kernel right? I am using mach kervnel brono something v4 I believe for my Amd Phenom II x4 965 3.4ghz.

Also, fixed the sound problem. I just had to not use my motherboards sound. I used my soundcards sound. It turns out Voodoo was compatible with my sound card but its still only using 2 speakers instead of 5.

One thing is messed up tho, I get no sound Mac sound effects... Is that normal? On Snow Leopard on Zipeg I would here it make some cool music when I extracted something.

The Connactic 09-24-2012 07:48 PM

Which iteration of Lion r u using?

Godofwar 09-24-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58907)
Which iteration of Lion r u using?

IATKO's L2, and my mac side failed again. This is weird, I went on my windows 7 side and ran utorrent to finish up a download on it, I also ran Jdownloader to copy links from it so I could download from my mac side. So I saved those links as a .txt on my windows side. I than shut off my computer and booted up and these commands no longer work -legacy -v arch=i386 npci=0x3000 and or -legacy npci=0x3000

Weird, I tried like 30 times shutting off my computer on and off with the -legacy -v arch=i386 npci=0x3000 command and or -legacy npci=0x3000 but Mac side refuses to boot... :'(

I am using Bro march kernel v4 or whatever its called. Is that the correct kerenel for Amd Phenom II x4 965 3.4ghz?

gils 09-24-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godofwar (Post 58911)
IATKO's L2, and my mac side failed again. This is weird, I went on my windows 7 side and ran utorrent to finish up a download on it, I also ran Jdownloader to copy links from it so I could download from my mac side. So I saved those links as a .txt on my windows side. I than shut off my computer and booted up and these commands no longer work -legacy -v arch=i386 npci=0x3000 and or -legacy npci=0x3000

Weird, I tried like 30 times shutting off my computer on and off with the -legacy -v arch=i386 npci=0x3000 command and or -legacy npci=0x3000 but Mac side refuses to boot... :'(

I am using Bro march kernel v4 or whatever its called. Is that the correct kerenel for Amd Phenom II x4 965 3.4ghz?

euh ??? iATKOS L2 does not work in installation live on AMD ! it only works for intel!
he settled in SL 10.6 UTILIZING his OSInstallmpk and provide for the replacement of the kernel.

pour les Atlon/Phenom : x4 965 -legacy busratio=17 UsekernelCache=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 ou 0 et GraphicsEnabler=Yes ou No suivant les cartes graphiques .

Godofwar 09-25-2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gils (Post 58915)
euh ??? iATKOS L2 does not work in installation live on AMD ! it only works for intel!
he settled in SL 10.6 UTILIZING his OSInstallmpk and provide for the replacement of the kernel.

pour les Atlon/Phenom : x4 965 -legacy busratio=17 UsekernelCache=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 ou 0 et GraphicsEnabler=Yes ou No suivant les cartes graphiques .

I thought I was suppose to use IATKO'S L2 and patch it with the Mach Kernel v4 made by brokvenski or whatever his name is. Are you recommending a different Lion disc or distro? :eek: Official Lion disc or don't use that?

The Connactic 09-25-2012 04:32 AM

Godofwar, retail is always better. :)

I think you should update your system to 10.7.4 and replace your kernel for RAWX86's.

Godofwar 09-25-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58918)
Godofwar, retail is always better. :)

I think you should update your system to 10.7.4 and replace your kernel for RAWX86's.

Will I run into problems with retail? I have no idea how to install retail, is it the same process? If its same process than I guess I will try retail.

The Connactic 09-25-2012 05:35 AM

Refer to MyHack (google it!) which has a comprehensive guide. Take in notice that even with retail you'll have issues because of your AMD CPU: it will only work in legacy mode (32-bit), the stock finder won't work etc. If you had a Bulldozer, you could run it flawlessly with full 64-bit app support.

Some people are just lucky, their old MoBos can settle with an upgrade to Bulldozer. Mine, despite being AM3, would not accept it. It's a sin. So i'm at the same boat as you, running Lion 10.7.4 on an outdated Athlon II X2 250 CPU. Anyway, even a 32-bit OSX grants me more computational joy than Win 7 ever gave me. :)

Godofwar 09-25-2012 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gils (Post 58915)

Hey man, it worked. But I have another problem now, my graphics card isn't being recognized now so the resolution is bad.

I did you command -legacy busratio=17 UsekernelCache=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

How do I get my Nvidia card working? Do I need to update to 10.7.3? Your command worked perfectly! I am finally able to get back on my Mac side by I am not at 1920x1200 resolution. :-/

Thanks, but since I'm using ITAKO L2, can I just update to 10.7.3 and replace the kernel and dock. I have pathfinder so I should be able to do that right? Is that all I have to do or could my command change on what I have to type to get back on Mac?

Gils, you're a freaking genius. I fixed resolution problem I set PCIRootUID=1 to PCIRootUID=0!!! Thanks!

Godofwar 09-25-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Connactic (Post 58920)
Refer to MyHack (google it!) which has a comprehensive guide. Take in notice that even with retail you'll have issues because of your AMD CPU: it will only work in legacy mode (32-bit), the stock finder won't work etc. If you had a Bulldozer, you could run it flawlessly with full 64-bit app support.

Some people are just lucky, their old MoBos can settle with an upgrade to Bulldozer. Mine, despite being AM3, would not accept it. It's a sin. So i'm at the same boat as you, running Lion 10.7.4 on an outdated Athlon II X2 250 CPU. Anyway, even a 32-bit OSX grants me more computational joy than Win 7 ever gave me. :)

Okay, now where exactly do I type this boot command in so I don't have to type a long boot command each time I want to run Mac?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>npci</key>
<string>0x2000</string>
</dict>
</plist>

My Text edit is broken, it won't work for whatever reason. A beachball loads constantly and it never loads up the text. I'm using a Mac text program called JE edit? Is that fine? Where exactly do I type -legacy busratio=17 UsekernelCache=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes at? Does it go in one of those lines? Thanks! I didn't understand where you said I was suppose to post them last time. Also, when text editor was working it wouldn't let me overwrite the file before. I don't know why, and I have no idea why texteditor is not working anymore. Tho, JE text editor should work just as good no? :p

Thanks for all your help, I know I can be a pain in the butt but I think that command that other guy gils gave me might be the exact command I need. Tho, will that command work if I update to 10.7.3? And I asked earlier is that if I did update to 10.7.3 would all I have to do is replace the kernel and dock again or would I have to do something so much more? Also, is there a point to update to 10.7.3? Is it more stable or just safer to be on a higher number?