InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [How-To] Snow Leopard Retail (10A432) on P5K-E Wifi A/P -64 bit mode (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3380)

Renira 08-30-2009 12:58 PM

Typed in your commands:

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/208...o20090830u.png

Snow Leo boots great with -v -f, without KP

walterav 08-30-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renira (Post 32767)
Typed in your commands:

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/208...o20090830u.png

Snow Leo boots great with -v -f, without KP

Ofcourse it boots with -f, thanks for the screenshot it gives us nice information how you do stuff, if all people did that :D

Using the command kextcache also requires 'sudo' ! Try it that we, ofcourse make sure you are running from the SL volume, otherwise add /Volumes/SL/ before the kextcache thing.

first try sudo

walterav 08-30-2009 02:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishcow (Post 32766)
walterav - thanks so much for your help.
I have already ordered another couple of SATA drives and a DVD :)
I have attached a zip of my bios shots/settings.

Hi, you forgot the most import pages that will lead to the first kernel panic! Or gray bootscreen with a Stop Sign. Atleast when its not patched and it doesn't have to be patched... The harddisk modes! I will upload my pictures latter today. But there is a lot you can change...

All 6 ich9r + 2 jmicron esata ports work great! So more sata equipment is a good investment.

See attachement,
BTW I underclocked my SYSTEM so change multiplier from 6 > 9 to get it on 2,4 ghz. This must be done on 2 pages in bios...

Renira 08-30-2009 03:25 PM

sudo works !
But ends in a "waiting for boot devise"-error
Now no chance to boot with "-v -f".
Need to reinstall SL
its making me crazy ! :D

omargoa 08-30-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantom8 (Post 32740)
Yes, I've tested the dsdt usb patch without the SleepEnabler, but it didn't work. I have also tested SleepEnabler alone without dsdt usb patch, it didn't work too. I need to have them both in order for sleep to work.

Does restart work for you after wakeup? walterav also has the same problem, so it may relate to P5K-E mobo.

After wakeup restart not work for me

But try to remove the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to get sleep working without sleepenabler.kext , only with the dsdt patch

this kext make sleep not work for me

my kext in /Extra :

AD1988b.Fix.kext
fakesmc.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext

lancelotu 08-30-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renira (Post 32641)
I mixed your tipps:

- Installed the newest Chameleon - replaced "boot" again

I didn't wanted to use Chameleon RC1 and RC2 because of this

-f option won't work with Chameleon RC1 and 2

when you run kextcache command doesn't give any error ?

fishcow 08-31-2009 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walterav (Post 32777)
Hi, you forgot the most import pages that will lead to the first kernel panic! Or gray bootscreen with a Stop Sign. Atleast when its not patched and it doesn't have to be patched... The harddisk modes! I will upload my pictures latter today. But there is a lot you can change...

All 6 ich9r + 2 jmicron esata ports work great! So more sata equipment is a good investment.

See attachement,
BTW I underclocked my SYSTEM so change multiplier from 6 > 9 to get it on 2,4 ghz. This must be done on 2 pages in bios...

Thanks again for your help walterav.
I have manually installed a boot-loader on my EFI partition - which is now working and honours my com.apple.Boot.plist. I couldn't get Chameleon V2 (using EFI installer option) to read any of my config files from EFI, only as stand-alone install.... which I don't want.
I will apply your BIOS settings . . . but also thinking of booting into OS X installer (via boot 132) and swapping out my bloated Extensions folder with a pure vanilla 10.5.8 backup that I have kept. Fix permissions and rebuild Extensions.mkext.
I'll then put minimal patched kexts / injectors in EFI partition to experiment and get an idea for my fresh install later.
Once again - thank you for taking to time to help.

Haven't hosed it yet - but give me time :)
ROFL - just noticed already that all my drives show up as SATA and work (????)

walterav 08-31-2009 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishcow (Post 32855)
Thanks again for your help walterav.
I have manually installed a boot-loader on my EFI partition - which is now working and honours my com.apple.Boot.plist. I couldn't get Chameleon V2 (using EFI installer option) to read any of my config files from EFI, only as stand-alone install.... which I don't want.
I will apply your BIOS settings . . . but also thinking of booting into OS X installer (via boot 132) and swapping out my bloated Extensions folder with a pure vanilla 10.5.8 backup that I have kept. Fix permissions and rebuild Extensions.mkext.
I'll then put minimal patched kexts / injectors in EFI partition to experiment and get an idea for my fresh install later.
Once again - thank you for taking to time to help.

Haven't hosed it yet - but give me time :)
ROFL - just noticed already that all my drives show up as SATA and work (????)

Just start with a normal patching routine, /Extra folder on your system, when you mastered all other things, just go to the efi partition idea, otherwise you'll end up with a lot of extra transactions just by working with the hidden efi volume.

fishcow 08-31-2009 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walterav (Post 32862)
Just start with a normal patching routine, /Extra folder on your system, when you mastered all other things, just go to the efi partition idea, otherwise you'll end up with a lot of extra transactions just by working with the hidden efi volume.

OK - good idea.
All looking promising
cheers

Renira 08-31-2009 03:07 PM

funny that this guide works for lancelotu .
For me its not working....

lancelotu 08-31-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renira (Post 32913)
funny that this guide works for lancelotu .
For me its not working....

What exactly doesn't work ? do you still have the "still waiting for root device " problem ?

Renira 08-31-2009 09:37 PM

no, just reinstalled it, as in your guide,

replaced the IATAFamily...
then entered, after booting in Snow Leopard this commands:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/YourSnowVolume/System/Library/Extensions/*
sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/YourSnowVolume/System/Library/Extensions/*

then:

kextcache -v 1 -t -l -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

All Commands works and it build the Extensions.mkext !!
But no chance to boot, only with -v -f ... without any command at the beginnig - no working LED from the HDD and the Stop-Sign appears !

netv 09-01-2009 04:05 AM

First of all thank you all very much for all the info.
I managed to install SL on my P5K-E Wifi/AP, all devices are working as they should (including network, sound, graphics, etc).

However, I have a very big problem. Maya is not working -- the flexlm system can not get the system id -- the ethernet (MAC) address of the network card. I tried everything but I just could not solve the problem. It seems that the ethernet card is not considered as Built-in and so the flexlm doesn't take into consideration. I tried installing Chameleon 2.0RC2 and specifying the EthernetBuiltIn flag to yes, I forced the kernel to both 32bit and 64bit, I tried to put other IONetworkFamility kexts but I had no luck whatsoever.

Please help me to solve this problem as I really really to be able to use Maya.

Thanks

P.S. if I do a sudo -s in the Terminal the system complains about the UUID missing (installing PlatformUUID.kext fixes this, but the Maya problem remains)

lancelotu 09-01-2009 04:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by netv (Post 33026)
First of all thank you all very much for all the info.
I managed to install SL on my P5K-E Wifi/AP, all devices are working as they should (including network, sound, graphics, etc).

However, I have a very big problem. Maya is not working -- the flexlm system can not get the system id -- the ethernet (MAC) address of the network card. I tried everything but I just could not solve the problem. It seems that the ethernet card is not considered as Built-in and so the flexlm doesn't take into consideration. I tried installing Chameleon 2.0RC2 and specifying the EthernetBuiltIn flag to yes, I forced the kernel to both 32bit and 64bit, I tried to put other IONetworkFamility kexts but I had no luck whatsoever.

Please help me to solve this problem as I really really to be able to use Maya.

Thanks

P.S. if I do a sudo -s in the Terminal the system complains about the UUID missing (installing PlatformUUID.kext fixes this, but the Maya problem remains)

You can try PlatformUUID.kext for that error and maybe it will solve your maya problem too since your UUID is used in the preferences files.

In Disk Utility click on the your boot volume and then press info and copy the number in Universal Unique Identifier in to

/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Info.plist

lancelotu 09-01-2009 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renira (Post 32966)

then:

kextcache -v 1 -t -l -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

But no chance to boot, only with -v -f ... without any command at the beginnig - no working LED from the HDD and the Stop-Sign appears !

Ok now please try to boot only with -v option ( this is verbose mode you can always boot with this option, it will change nothing to your system ) and tell us what you see ?

Cee 09-01-2009 11:26 AM

all is working pretty well -- exepct that osx only sees one of my other internal drives !
any ideas?

P5K Q6600 8GB RAM

walterav 09-01-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renira (Post 32966)

then:

Renira, if you don't do any of the IOATA/harddisk patches on the usb drive, and boot from the snowleo usb drive, can you see your internal disks in finder.

If I'm not mistaking your motherboard has a ich9 chipset instead of ich9r am I right? The only thing I remember from a gigabyteboard with same chipset is that not all your sata ports work but some will do without patching...

But check if the usb snow leo does see your internal drives

walterav 09-01-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cee (Post 33059)
all is working pretty well -- exepct that osx only sees one of my other internal drives !
any ideas?

P5K Q6600 8GB RAM

What kind of harddrive? Sata / IDE ? volume type MBG/GUID? Filesystem type, HFS+ NTFS FAT32?

netv 09-01-2009 12:00 PM

The PlatformUUID didn't fix the problem with Maya.

The problem is definitely with the IONetworkFamility kext. It does not set the network card as BuiltIn. Do you think it's possible that some of you check to see if in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkConfiguration.plist your ethernet file appears BuiltIn TRUE or False?

Thanks again.

Cee 09-01-2009 12:01 PM

Thanks for your answer.

All Sata.

1 NTFS ( thats the drive snow leo sees)

1 HFS+ with one 10.5.8 partition, and another for HFS+ stuff

1 HFS+ with a mirrored 10.5.8 partition, and also another partition for stuff

seems like snow leo wont detect all the sata ports !?

fishcow 09-01-2009 12:49 PM

Hmmm.
I'm obviously missing something.
I have managed to get a minimal retail install of Leo up and ready to upgrade, However:
1. If I run the SL installer, it gets as far as copying all the files to the hard drive and then reboots - back to square one.
2. If I run the terminal command to open the hidden installer.mkpg - I get an error message that SL cannot be installed on the drive running the OS.
Confused again :)

walterav 09-01-2009 01:15 PM

Burn the dmg, or open the dmg but don't recover it to a other harddisk. When opening the OSInstall.mpkg, just select the right volume where you can want it to be installed! But before that, you have to Partition it yourself in Diskutility.

The idea is that you install Snow leo, from within a running normal Leo system. But offcourse you have to select a different drive to install snow leo to than the current one on which leopard is running. I'f you don't have enough harddisk, and have to do all with the same harddisk it gets cumbersome because the bootloader from snow leo may interrupt viceversa with you normal leo.

Renira 09-01-2009 01:29 PM

@CEE
how do you do the install ?

Cee 09-01-2009 01:29 PM

Walterav: Could my harddrive issue be related to pcefi?
I used the one supplied in the guide on page 1. "Bootloader Chameleon_v1012"

Netkas wrote :
"known issues: sata ports 5-6 doesnt work, so I disabled scanning of those."
on his post about PC EFI V10.2 beta.

are the other sata ports working for everybody else?

Cee 09-01-2009 02:07 PM

@Renira

I basically installed it like its described in the guide.
- I installed from my working 10.5.8 with a usb stick (I previously restored 10A432 to)
- moved all the kexts as described in the guide
-repaired permissions on my Snow Leo drive via disc utility from my working 10.5.8
- I had to change sata ports to get it to boot -otherwise I would get errors and it wont boot
- I had to boot with -x -v and let kextutility do its thing.

(I also installed fakesmc and voodoohda64 (got it from kexts.com)

Now I would really like to solve my Harddrive issue :)

P.S I also experience Mouse skips when booting with -x64 - even though I installed the disabler.kext from my leopard partition (which takes care of the mouse skips on 8800GT and other GPU´s)

Kvant 09-01-2009 06:01 PM

Hello, I read all your posts many-many times, and finally my SnowLeo is working. But one thing do not workiing.. its network.

Can you help me with it? I try all kext, but its not working.. :(
I have Asus p5k-E Delux/Wifi

AppleYukon2Injector.kext is some ok for me. Ethernet connected, but internet its offline.. Maybe need some settings..

its my screenshot
http://imageshost.ru/links/369e28c82...e4e2898d21e642
Modem in a router mode, all settings I take from Leopard.

thank you. Sorry for english.

walterav 09-01-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kvant (Post 33118)
Hello, I read all your posts many-many times, and finally my SnowLeo is working. But one thing do not workiing.. its network.

Can you help me with it? I try all kext, but its not working.. :(
I have Asus p5k-E Delux/Wifi

AppleYukon2Injector.kext is some ok for me. Ethernet connected, but internet its offline.. Maybe need some settings..

its my screenshot
http://imageshost.ru/links/369e28c82...e4e2898d21e642
Modem in a router mode, all settings I take from Leopard.

thank you. Sorry for english.

Can you ping your modem from the terminal.app?
ping 192.168.1.1

Cee 09-01-2009 10:26 PM

is anybody successfully repairing permissions via disc utility ? It always fails for me.

p5k q6600 8g ram all Sata

OG-Phantom 09-02-2009 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cee (Post 33150)
is anybody successfully repairing permissions via disc utility ? It always fails for me.

p5k q6600 8g ram all Sata

try reinstalling the bsd.pkg from the install dvd

Cee 09-02-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OG-Phantom (Post 33193)
try reinstalling the bsd.pkg from the install dvd

seems like that did the trick

Big thanks!

Kvant 09-02-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walterav (Post 33140)
Can you ping your modem from the terminal.app?
ping 192.168.1.1

walterav, thank you for reply

after this command it writing many times:
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1 icmp_seq=99 ttl=255 time=0.683 ms

its good?

Cee 09-02-2009 12:28 PM

now could anybody tell me how I can get system profiler and about this mac to show correct processor speed?
I suspect that I have to edit some file to get it to show 2.4 GHz instead of the wrong 3.8GHz its currently displaying.
(cpu-x shows the real cpu name)

Would be really nice if anybody could help me out here ;)

lancelotu 09-02-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cee (Post 33221)
now could anybody tell me how I can get system profiler and about this mac to show correct processor speed?
I suspect that I have to edit some file to get it to show 2.4 GHz instead of the wrong 3.8GHz its currently displaying.
(cpu-x shows the real cpu name)

Would be really nice if anybody could help me out here ;)

Read Omargoa's post here

Regarding the name of the CPU you have to edit

/System/Library/CoreServices/Resources/English.lproj/AppleSystemInfo.strings

find "UnknownCPUKind" = "Unknown"; and replace "Unknown" with the name of your CPU . Save the file.

I think you have to do this as root otherwise you won't be able to save .

Kvant 09-02-2009 07:13 PM

I dont know how, but my network is working.. :)
thank you for all.

Cee 09-02-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancelotu (Post 33241)
Read Omargoa's post .

many thanks . It might sound stupid but I just dont know where this
Extra/smbios.plist is located !?
I strictly followed this guide.

would be nice if anyone could point me into the right direction!

Renira 09-03-2009 09:31 AM

Jihaaaaa, its working !

Just done it like Cee has said....

I just add the IOATAFamily.kext added by lancelotu and boot with -x -v
Got the Welcome Movie and used kextutility, then it boots without any command!

Thanks for all your help !!!
Now installed the sound - also works :)

Renira 09-03-2009 10:01 AM

But i have one Question left :D

Yesterday, I bought me 2x2GB 1066mhz DDR2 Ram for my Asus P5K Green...
I have done the install with 2x1GB 800mhz Rams ...
With one 1066mhz Modul Leopard 10.5.8 and Snow Leopard boots very fast.
With 2 Ram Modules of 1066mhz it wont boot, Bootloader appears, then the grey startingscreen but no "loading-sign" and the HDD LED is not working.
This Problem is on Leopard and Snow Leopard ?!
In Bios all Rams are recognized and are set how they have to be !

walterav 09-03-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renira (Post 33364)
But i have one Question left :D

Yesterday, I bought me 2x2GB 1066mhz DDR2 Ram for my Asus P5K Green...
I have done the install with 2x1GB 800mhz Rams ...
With one 1066mhz Modul Leopard 10.5.8 and Snow Leopard boots very fast.
With 2 Ram Modules of 1066mhz it wont boot, Bootloader appears, then the grey startingscreen but no "loading-sign" and the HDD LED is not working.
This Problem is on Leopard and Snow Leopard ?!
In Bios all Rams are recognized and are set how they have to be !

Do you have 2gb before, that was working? Are you using any ide ports?

Renira 09-03-2009 03:09 PM

yes, it works with 2GB (one RAM-Module) 1066mhz Ram, too.
But with 2x2GB it won´t boot.... the Memory is ok !
i don´t use any IDE-Port, just S-ATA (1x DVD-Drive, 2x HDD)

arterio 09-03-2009 03:42 PM

I followed this guide, to a T, and when I reboot and try booting from the drive with 10.6 on it, it fails, the screen just goes black. I hit F8 and put in -x64 -f -v and I see an error message almost immediately. Something about the Kernel being too big? I did some research on this and it talked about having my drives set to AHCI in my bios, which they are already.

alborto 09-03-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omargoa (Post 32646)
+ Another minor problem it's the shutdown and reboot time,
i have to wait for a minute every restart or shutdown on black screen

OpenHaltRestard.kext and Fakesmc.kext don't solve this problem

I have the same problem after usb and sata fix on Pk5-e wifi etc, sleep work well but reboot and shutdown take long, any news about it?.

I have another problem whit the front panel microfon, i need to move a little the microfon system volume setting to make it work.
Any fix?

Thanks all

omargoa 09-04-2009 07:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cee (Post 33258)
many thanks . It might sound stupid but I just dont know where this
Extra/smbios.plist is located !?
I strictly followed this guide.

would be nice if anyone could point me into the right direction!

instal chameleon 2 see attached file

it create a folder "Extra" on the root of your hard drive

place on it a smbios file, i attached my smbios file but you need to modify it with your configuration ( SMUUID, RAM , CPU ..)

lauch the "kext utility" to rebuild mkext file

there is a lot of tutorial and forum who explain how chameleon work
google is your friend :)

omargoa 09-04-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alborto (Post 33425)
I have the same problem after usb and sata fix on Pk5-e wifi etc, sleep work well but reboot and shutdown take long, any news about it?.

I have another problem whit the front panel microfon, i need to move a little the microfon system volume setting to make it work.
Any fix?

Thanks all

i don't know how to solve the reboot shutdown time yet
maybe someone can help :)

Cee 09-04-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omargoa (Post 33545)
instal chameleon 2 see attached file

place on it a smbios file, i attached my smbios file but you need to modify it with your configuration ( SMUUID, RAM , CPU ..)

google is your friend :)

I have been using chameleon for quite a while but it seems like I never got my head around that extra folder.

Many thanks ;)

fishcow 09-05-2009 01:00 AM

Just wanted to say thank you to lancelotu and walterav for the "Take me by the hand walk-thru" here.
Unfortunately it looks as though a stable SL install is out of reach for me - until I get around to removing IDE hardware.

BUT . . . thanks to the information here, I have a very lean, fast and stable 10.5.6 install.

alborto 09-05-2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omargoa (Post 33550)
i don't know how to solve the reboot shutdown time yet
maybe someone can help :)

Now i have no problem in reboot / shutdown if my computer don't go in sleep, if conputer go in sleep and try to reboot after my hd don't stop and the computer don't restart at all.

To do it a changed Chameleon to 2 RC1 whit PC_EFI 10.2 boot fix and puted in /E/E this smbios.plist

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>SMbiosversion</key>
        <string>MP31.88Z.00C1.B00.0802091544</string>
        <key>SMmanufacter</key>
        <string>Apple Inc.</string>
        <key>SMproductname</key>
        <string>MacPro3,1</string>
        <key>SMsystemversion</key>
        <string>1.0</string>
        <key>SMserial</key>
        <string>W87234JHYA4</string>
        <key>SMexternalclock</key>
        <string>333</string>
        <key>SMmaximalclock</key>
        <string>3000</string>
        <key>SMmemtype</key>
        <string>19</string>
        <key>SMmemspeed</key>
        <string>800</string>
        <key>SMmemmanufacter_1</key>
        <string>0xAD00000000000000</string>
        <key>SMmemserial_1</key>
        <string>0x00001020</string>
        <key>SMmempart_1</key>
        <string>0x48594D503131325336344350362D59352020</string>
        <key>SMmemmanufacter_2</key>
        <key>SMmemserial_2</key>
        <string>0x00003021</string>
        <key>SMmempart_2</key>
        <key>SMmemmanufacter_3</key>
        <key>SMmemserial_3</key>
        <key>SMmempart_3</key>
        <key>SMmemmanufacter_4</key>
        <key>SMmemserial_4</key>
        <key>SMmempart_4</key>
</dict>
</plist>

So now my computer mimic MacPro3,1.
Do you use smbios.plist?
What Mac do you mimic?

PS: Sorry about my bad english.

kjun5huo 09-05-2009 11:55 PM

Anybody tried for 5.1 sound ?

HI ! I follow this guide for my P5K-E Wifi , and I am using dsdt patch + AD1988b.Fix.kext for the sound.
I read a new thread for 5.1 sound at this link.
http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide...urround-t3746/
He said he has 5.1 sound now, so I tried his guide at my computer.
I know my computer has 3 out in system configuration,and each out has different speaker connection.One is main speaker (L+R), second one is center speaker,and the other one is subwooper.
I tried make new Aggregate Device corresponding to the 3 Line outs in Audio Midi Setup, but I have no sound.
If anybody has soulition of this, then we can have the 5.1 sound in P5K-E too.

omargoa 09-06-2009 12:19 AM

To do it a changed Chameleon to 2 RC1 whit PC_EFI 10.2 boot fix and puted in /E/E this smbios.plist

tried it but doesn't work for me
i already use a smbios file
what do you mean by "mimic" ?

alborto 09-06-2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omargoa (Post 33718)
tried it but doesn't work for me
i already use a smbios file
what do you mean by "mimic" ?

Following my smbios file Snow Leopard think to be on a Mac Pro 3,1, i can read it on system profile. Witch mac do you emulate?

I readed in a post that one of mac pro 3,1 or 4,1 is better but i don't remember where and witch.

maciekish 09-09-2009 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancelotu (Post 29405)
Hello,

Thanks to all the wonderful users of this community I have now a nearly perfect vanilla, up-to-date, 10a432 hackintosh

My system :
P5k-E Wifi ap mobo
cpu Q6600 (Core 2 Quad)
2gb ram 667
AD1988B sound chip
WG311-t network card
asus sata DVD and HD
Nvidia 7300 GS video 256Mb
Marvell 88E8056 Ethernet

Kext I used :

1. AD1988b.Fix.kext Enable sound for AD1988 onboard chip (needs a custom DSDT patch) thanks to XyZ
2. Dsmos.kext the latest, thanks to netkas
3. IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext (repairs the icons of yours hard disks)
4. JMicron...

Thanks a million tonnes! It works. I have an Asus P5E mainboard and im running SL with the vanilla kernel in x64 with 8GB of ram. This is the first time i used DSDT but i gotta say it was pretty straight forward.