InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Asus K50IN (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4409)

kokozedman 11-27-2009 01:32 PM

Woooowwww!!! :D Thanks a lot guys, the sound is now working :D

Big milestone ... huge thanks Clubber_77, I really appreciate your help man.

Now, I'm on to patching the Wifi so that it will be always on. I don't like to use the USB Wifi that I bought, because it makes use of the CPU, and it makes the batter power drained a lot faster.

flip360, how do you know that your SpeedStep works? Me, I have bought a small software called CoolBook ... It allows me to control the CPU voltage and frequencies, to auto-throttle it or manually lock it to the lowest speed.
Actually, mine have 2133, 1600 and 800 MHz speeds ... and it saves some battery time when I lock it to the lowest speed.

I have tried DSDT patching to get vanilla SpeedStep, but it didn't seem to work. Or, may be, I don't know how to check whether it works or not ... but now, with that software, I can see that it is working.

flip360 11-27-2009 02:34 PM

Exactly the same software, I dunno if theres a way for us to check it otherwise but i think that either its running or not ;)
Also during boot i can see that the applecpupowermanager and client are loading up, just mine coolbook shows 2000, 1600 and 1200 speedstepping respectively, and about the Wifi check my previous post :)

Buhgalter 11-27-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 40146)
Second of Buhgalter i think you`re better off with one of those broadcom chip based wifi cards that go as low as 10 bucks on EBay, and have a native airport than to wait for some future Apple update that we are not sure is gonna work as with Atheros21.kext now in 10.6.2 :)

Cheers

I don't use WiFi, ethernet only... :) so I can wait ;)

RGGG 11-27-2009 04:02 PM

I've removed VoodooHDA, put AsusK50IN.kext and HDAEnabler into E/E, replaced AppleHDA in S/L/E and the icon is still greyed out.

Should I try putting AsusK50IN and HDAEnabler into S/L/E instead?

Ryan

Buhgalter 11-27-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGGG (Post 40160)
I've removed VoodooHDA, put AsusK50IN.kext and HDAEnabler into E/E, replaced AppleHDA in S/L/E and the icon is still greyed out.
Should I try putting AsusK50IN and HDAEnabler into S/L/E instead?
Ryan

No...
put AsusK50IN.kext and HDAEnabler into E/E...
You must to put original AppleHDA.kext & IOAudioFamily.kext from post#94 into your S/L/E also...
run Kext Utility & reboot...

RGGG 11-27-2009 04:21 PM

Thanks, I tried that after posting, and it works! Awesome job, Thanks!

I still can't figure out why this machine won't find my network printers when every other mac/Hackintosh can....

Ryan

RGGG 11-28-2009 02:36 AM

My trackpad has stopped working. I reinstalled the VoodooPS2 kext, no go.

Possibly stopped working after getting sound installed.

Any idea what happened here?

scififan68 11-28-2009 02:59 AM

RGGG, try running kext utility, when the perms are messed up on my extra extensions i have a keyboard, but no trackpad.

RGGG 11-28-2009 03:18 AM

Hmm, I'll try that again, last time I tried the kext utility without installing any kext's, it kept coming up "Waiting system rebuild "Snow Leo" "Extensions.mkext" and would time out, but If I install a kext, then run kext utility it rebuilds fine it says!

Weird....

RGGG 11-28-2009 03:37 AM

Rebuilt using Kext Utility, VoodooPS2 is in E/E as well as S/L/E....No dice

Would it have anything to do with the ACERK50IN.kext, keep in mind I am on AcerK60 (Basically the same unit, larger screen, but everything till now has worked!

Tried the trackpad in Ubuntu and it works fine

Edit: Rebuilt with kextutility about a dozen times, no go, reinstalled, VooDooPS2 kext, no go, installed VooDooPS2Trackpad kext, no go. Dunno what could have caused it!

I don't see any mention of keyboard or mouse in system profiler, but I don't think I ever did!

Oddly, I just noticed, my mac is listed as a Mac Pro, and in system preferences, I have separate options for keyboard and mouse instead of the usual "keyboard & mouse setting" found on macbooks

flip360 11-28-2009 11:39 PM

i have separate options for the mouse and keyboard and i have my notebook listed as MacBookPro5,3 in system profiler and it still works. Did you try the kexts that are in my extra folder? Because i know for sure that the VooDooPS2Controller cannot work without the AppleACPIPS2Nub part ;) I have fully working sound and no problem with the trackpad using those two kexts.

cheers

LennartMasa 11-29-2009 02:54 AM

Okay, hi all.
I have also a K50IN, and I will install Snow Leopard on my notebook.

I have only 1 problem. I have no PC or Notebook with OS X, but my friend has, so I will create my installer USB on his Mac.
But can I boot my installer here in my K50IN, because I've read somethings about DSDT that will be created if you make a installer with the guide (from flip's first post).

Guys, can you help me :rolleyes:?

LennartMasa 11-29-2009 01:04 PM

Ive done all the steps, and Im in the installation. But I cant install!
I can only upgrade to 10.6, but I dont have 10.5 on my notebook, so, I can't do anything!
Is this a problem with the DVD or what? Plz help me!

flip360 11-29-2009 07:24 PM

hello there,

first of what type of K50IN do you have? Did you format the hard drive? Did you install the snow-installer?

cheers

LennartMasa 11-29-2009 09:16 PM

Okay guys, Snow Leopard is running after many tries :-d.
I have only 1 question... That Extra folder, where I must place that kexts etc.?
I'm totally new with OS X, so... please help me?

kokozedman 11-30-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LennartMasa (Post 40282)
Okay guys, Snow Leopard is running after many tries :-d.
I have only 1 question... That Extra folder, where I must place that kexts etc.?
I'm totally new with OS X, so... please help me?

Well, I don't know how you have installed it, but normally, if you get it installed at this time, then you sure should be knowledged about eh /Extra folder on the root of your Snow Leopard.
It is very strange to me that you don't know it, and though you have Snow Leopard installed.

Extensions are placed in 2 places:
  1. /System/Library/Extensions/
  2. /Extra/Extensions/
The second on the list is loaded first, and the first on the list if loaded second; keep that in mind.

kokozedman 11-30-2009 07:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RGGG (Post 40197)
Oddly, I just noticed, my mac is listed as a Mac Pro, and in system preferences, I have separate options for keyboard and mouse instead of the usual "keyboard & mouse setting" found on macbooks

That is very strange ... I recommend you use the SMBIOS.plist from flip360. I'm actually using one that is based on that, and mine is actually MacBookPro5,1 (the one from flip360 is actually MacBookPro5,3).
I have attached my SMBIOS if you want to try it. There are some few enhancements in it, that is suitable to my laptop ... use at your own risk as usual.

As for the mouse, I actually had similar problems before ... what I have noticed is that when the Extensions.mkext is not updated correctly, it will do that. I recommend you use pfix script in addition to Kext Utility.
First, use the Kext Utility, then run pfix script. http://osx86.sojugarden.com/2009/10/...-1-1-released/

kokozedman 11-30-2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGGG (Post 40193)
My trackpad has stopped working. I reinstalled the VoodooPS2 kext, no go.

Possibly stopped working after getting sound installed.

Any idea what happened here?

Also, make sure that you're using PC EFI v10.5. When using bare Chameleon RC3, I get either a very jumpy and strange trackpad behavior, or really dead trackpad.

Above that, PC EFI seems to make Hackintosh behave much more stable.

LennartMasa 11-30-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokozedman (Post 40305)
That is very strange ... I recommend you use the SMBIOS.plist from flip360. I'm actually using one that is based on that, and mine is actually MacBookPro5,1 (the one from flip360 is actually MacBookPro5,3).
I have attached my SMBIOS if you want to try it. There are some few enhancements in it, that is suitable to my laptop ... use at your own risk as usual.

As for the mouse, I actually had similar problems before ... what I have noticed is that when the Extensions.mkext is not updated correctly, it will do that. I recommend you use pfix script in addition to Kext Utility.
First, use the Kext Utility, then run pfix script. http://osx86.sojugarden.com/2009/10/...-1-1-released/

Okay, yea. I know about the kexts etc. but I don't know where to place it. /Extra/Extensions or /System/Libary/Extentions. So, youve already answered my question. Thnx!

LennartMasa 11-30-2009 02:12 PM

Well, everything is working exept the trackpad, wireless internet (but no one of you all has already resolved this), and the sound.

Anyone who can help me?

RGGG 11-30-2009 02:12 PM

Thanks for the help guys, I uninstalled and reinstalled the kexts a few times, and it did work again, its back to a perfect working machine!!

I just noticed with my network, that it can connect to anything via IP, but has trouble showing those devices otherwise (IE, no printers show up in network, but I can connect and print via IP fine)

Cheers

Ryan

LennartMasa 11-30-2009 02:15 PM

How do you have fixed the trackpad and the sound RGGG?
And how to you fix your wireless card :O!

RGGG 11-30-2009 02:24 PM

For the trackpad, look for Flip360's Extra folder (First Page Link) simply copy and paste VooDooPS2.kext and AppleACPIPS2.kext into "Extra/Extension" install with your favourite kext utility and reboot.

The sound instructions are here: http://www.infinitemac.com/f47/asus-...post40129.html

Be sure to remove VooDooHDA.kext before installing, and also install the kext IOAudioFamily.kext into System/Library/Extensions as well

IOFamilyKext: http://www.infinitemac.com/f47/asus-...post40136.html

Cheers

Ryan

LennartMasa 11-30-2009 03:06 PM

Yeah! Its working. Many thanks for all you help. Finally :)!
Now only get a new WiFi card or wait for a working kext. Many many thanks!

RGGG 11-30-2009 03:13 PM

Go for a new card, if your lucky, you might even have a compatible card in another laptop (My MSI wind had one, so I swapped it into this machine) Everything works quite well. Haven't had a KP is some time (knock on wood)

Ryan

LennartMasa 11-30-2009 03:55 PM

I think I will buy a new one, I have no other notebook.
Ty!

flip360 11-30-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokozedman (Post 40307)
Also, make sure that you're using PC EFI v10.5. When using bare Chameleon RC3, I get either a very jumpy and strange trackpad behavior, or really dead trackpad.

Above that, PC EFI seems to make Hackintosh behave much more stable.

I have replaced the card and it is also working nice. I am glad that all of us resolved the issues for K50IN and i must say that this particular machine performs quite well, not near but perfect hackintosh :)

cheers

Clubber_77 12-04-2009 02:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
With my driver after waking, the sound will not work.
To it the reason the external amplifier on 14 node.

Code:

Node 0x14 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018d: Stereo Amp-Out
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  Pincap 0x081003c: IN OUT HP EAPD Detect
  EAPD 0x0:
  Pin Default 0x99130110: [Fixed] Speaker at Int ATAPI
    Conn = ATAPI, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0x1, Sequence = 0x0
    Misc = NO_PRESENCE
  Pin-ctls: 0x40: OUT
  Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0
  Connection: 1
    0x0c

It can be corrected by means of patch IOAudioFamily.kext from 10.6.2
In 10.5.х it has done km9 from http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/17365-post.html.
My friend Mark from www.AppleLife.ru has helped to compile the driver for 10.6.2

Now the sound after waking works!!!

P.s. Sorry for my English!!! ))

flip360 12-05-2009 09:09 PM

Thanks man, your help is very welcome :)

kokozedman 12-07-2009 07:44 AM

Hey guys ... I have started a new thread on patching the DSDT to have full vanilla SpeedStep.

CoolBook doesn't work properly for me ... so I started the thread for any inputs on how to fix it: http://www.infinitemac.com/f47/vanil...tebooks-t4880/

flip360 12-07-2009 02:20 PM

Hello kokozedman,

i am without patched DSDT and coolbook is working properly, changing freq, voltage and temperature accordingly. I will have a look into it later,

cheers

Clubber_77 12-07-2009 05:08 PM

tell more...

moole 12-08-2009 11:14 AM

Recap

Hello guys, I'm looking for a good OSx86 laptop, and so far K50IN seems to be the best choice. I've read whole thread and there is a sum up for me and others:

- SpeedStep working with coolbook (in future by patching DSDT on vanilla)
- Sleep/wake is ok (audio-mute issues, USB and PS/2 were solved)

- GPU QE/CI, resolution change, second display fully working (?)
- Sound is ok (both speakers and internal mic?)
- Webcam is ok, although upside down
- Touchpad is ok (does two finger scroll work??)
- LAN is working (maybe some issues with Bonjour broadcasts?)
- Card reader is supported and working (?)
- CD/DVD reading/burning ok

- Just the WLAN card needs to be replaced with one with Broadcom chipset to get it work

Correct me if I'm wrong or add an answer! Thank you!

flip360 12-08-2009 01:12 PM

Hello moole,

Yes the K50IN has the best hackintosh setup so far (with some help from the OSX86 Community) :)
All of the above work along with some of the Fn keys like brightness, wifi, sleep and so on that work OOTB. The touchpad works with two finger scrolling, graphic fully supported, audio works excellent thanks to Clubber_77, all is well except the WiFi card that needs to be replaced, which is very very easy to do :)

@ Clubber_77, i dont know or i cant seem to find any trace of any kind of DSDT file on my partition (maybe its on the EFI Partition but i dont know how to check that), when i updated my BIOS to the 219 from ASUS website, things seem more compatible with native sleep and cpumanagement and seems i dont have the need for patched DSDT...

cheers

mao_red 12-08-2009 03:56 PM

hi flip360

can't wait to try this again on my machine now it's almost vanilla!..thanks for getting us updated and the rest of the gang!

flip360 12-08-2009 04:37 PM

No Problem man, thats what the community is here for :)
I am glad that we formed some kind of base for the Asus K50/60 (and simmilar) series of notebooks, and hope to go on in the future.

cheers

Clubber_77 12-08-2009 08:34 PM

Flip, What macmodel spelled out in smbios.plist??? MacBookPro5, 1? MacBook5, 1?

flip360 12-08-2009 09:09 PM

Actually its MacBookPro5,3. I have tried with MacBookPro5,1 also and it doesnt seem to change anything. Do you know of any relations between the Mac Alias name and speedstep with vanilla kernel? :)

cheers

Clubber_77 12-09-2009 06:13 PM

What is the temperature of processor cores?

flip360 12-09-2009 08:03 PM

it revolves around 52-56 and goes up to 68-69 on full load

Clubber_77 12-09-2009 10:27 PM

38-39 in simple
60-66 with a full load

have more to do, right?

flip360 12-09-2009 11:40 PM

What model do you have? Or does it mean that my speedstep and coolbook dont work properly? The TJMax value in my plist is 90 does that affect the temperature readings somehow?

cheers

Clubber_77 12-10-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 40845)
What model do you have? Or does it mean that my speedstep and coolbook dont work properly? The TJMax value in my plist is 90 does that affect the temperature readings somehow?

cheers

1. Look at the specification T6400 at intel.com, Tjmax = 105 'C
http://processorfinder.intel.com/det...px?sSpec=SLGJ4
2. CoolBook and other's crap do not must use. is not necessary! SpeedStep and PowerManagement must be running system's!
3. I use macmodel macbook2, 1,becouse fits the characteristics of my processor

RGGG 12-10-2009 07:43 PM

I've noticed that when I'm on battery power, the cpu drops to 1.2 ghz, and plugged in its at 2.2ghz

Buhgalter 12-11-2009 01:24 PM

flip360
Does deep sleep work well for you?

I have some troubles with PS2.
Deep sleep works well only without touchpad (turned off in the bios or without VoodooPS2Mouse.kext)...

Buhgalter 12-11-2009 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Deep sleep works fine with ApplePS2Controller-Snow64 by Slice.
Cheers!

mao_red 12-12-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

hello guys, ok, i'm going to start my installation..

I only have win7 OS. Do I need a mac environment to create the USB installer and not under windows? :D. thanks in advance.

cheers
***I already got the answer! I'm just too excited to be dumb..:D haha

more power!

Buhgalter 12-12-2009 02:08 PM

flip360
I noticed an interesting feature - if you choose to sleep through the menu, the system goes to sleep fairly quickly (in few seconds) ... but if you will just wait, then the monitor will go to sleep, but the computer will go to sleep (the power button will start blinking) with some delay (plus 1-2min .)... still interesting why ...

kokozedman 12-12-2009 07:22 PM

Hey guys,

Anyone having some strange USB behavior sometimes? When one or more device at boot-time, the console will display something similar to this: "could not get device to turn off after 100 ms"; it's not really that, but something similar.

It's not a big deal, because it doesn't happen if I remove all USB devices before booting ... and then put back everything after the boot phase.

But, it would be better if I could keep my WIFI USB there all the time, among my USB mouse of course :)

kokozedman 12-12-2009 07:23 PM

Also, who has Sleep and Deep Sleep fully working? I'm interested to know who ...

And last, who has got full DSDT vanilla SpeedStep?