InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [AMD] Snow Leopard 10A432 Install (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3727)

aryajuanda 09-16-2009 06:34 PM

buy Apple snow leopard in apple store n restore to an empty partition... lol.....

ToroLoco 09-16-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aryajuanda (Post 35063)
buy Apple snow leopard in apple store n restore to an empty partition... lol.....

better yet to buy a real Mac.... :s

colombianazo 09-16-2009 07:04 PM

Amd Phenom and SB600

Hi, Ive been reading this post since you started it a few days ago, My computer has an AMD 9950 processor, a SB600 chipset (which was very difficult to set up back when I installed Leopard last year) and an ATI 3870 Graphics card. I was just wondering... I have everything ready, the image file, chameleon etc. I wanted to know if Id need the kext from leopard for the SB600 chipset, and ive been looking for kexts for the 3870 for snow leopard but i cant find any... wat should i do?

Taisto 09-16-2009 08:47 PM

Chipset and video kexts from Leopard work with Snow Leopard - at least with this method, using 32 bit mode. If You have chipset kexts working in Leo, they should work with Snow as well. So, give it a try =)

colombianazo 09-16-2009 09:27 PM

Amd Phenom and SB600

Alright thanks.

I was trying to double click on osinstall.mpkg and it seemed to be working fine, but then i went to customize and I unchecked the printer drivers, extra languages etc... but every time i do that and then click install it freezes... the spinning wheel comes up and It doesnt do anything... I tried waiting a few minutes,,, but its been 2 hours and i got nothing. I had to force quit the installer and now im trying again... but nope... it freezes... do you know wat might be causing this to happen?

btw... im installing to an external GUID formatted hard drive

I wanna intall to a MBR partition tho... i have the mbr file but every time i try to replace it it doesnt let me. wat am i doing wrong?

Im really sorry for asking so many questions lol. But you guys are the only ones ive seen that are actually helping others to get snow leopard working on their AMD machines... thanks a lot.

Taisto 09-16-2009 10:13 PM

Infinitemac was originally OSX86-AMD scene only so... =) Anyway, about the problem - To be honest, i have no idea what could be the reason. Maybe Your downloaded image is broken. Try checking the MD5 - nothing else comes to my mind.

colombianazo 09-17-2009 02:20 AM

AMD Phenom and SB600

Ok, it turns out i only had to restart leopard... Ok, its done installing leopard to the external drive, i had to change the kernel which is modbin's test 7. The guide says i only have to copy and paste to the root drive, dont i have to change the .plist file or something like that to tell snow to use that kernel instead of the original kernel?

colombianazo 09-17-2009 02:40 AM

Amd Phenom and SB600

Ok, I just removed the .test7 so that it would load modbin's kernel... the thing is... when it starts to boot up and look for the kexts theres a kernel panic, i tried using cpus=1 flag, -x32, -v, and -x and i still get the KP. Why is this happening?

Taisto 09-17-2009 02:46 AM

Boot into leopard, copy the mach_kernel.test7 file to Your 10.6 root folder, open terminal and set permissions :

sudo chown -R 0:0 mach_kernel.test7
sudo chmod -R 755 mach_kernel.test7

Restart. While booting, press F8 if needed, and in prompt enter "mach_kernel.test7" to boot using the new one for sure. If this works, You can edit boot.plist file and change kernel to .test7 there - this way it's easier to avoid problems with updates etc. cause You always have Your working kernel untouched.

aryajuanda 09-17-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colombianazo (Post 35098)
Ok, I just removed the .test7 so that it would load modbin's kernel... the thing is... when it starts to boot up and look for the kexts theres a kernel panic, i tried using cpus=1 flag, -x32, -v, and -x and i still get the KP. Why is this happening?

are u sure u have boot from your snow?
have u replace the boot file? you can also use chameleon rc3 boot file..

can u upload your KP screen so we can see what cause that KP
try just boot mach_kernel.test7 -v (if you not replace the kernel)

aryajuanda 09-17-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taisto (Post 35099)
Boot into leopard, copy the mach_kernel.test7 file to Your 10.6 root folder, open terminal and set permissions :

sudo chown -R 0:0 mach_kernel.test7
sudo chmod -R 755 mach_kernel.test7

Restart. While booting, press F8 if needed, and in prompt enter "mach_kernel.test7" to boot using the new one for sure. If this works, You can edit boot.plist file and change kernel to .test7 there - this way it's easier to avoid problems with updates etc. cause You always have Your working kernel untouched.

kernel should be 644 if i m not mistake..
for me i just place the kernel in root because i have chown 0:0 /Volumes/Snow

Lykich 09-17-2009 10:45 AM

http://i062.radikal.ru/0909/92/cd81d0765694t.jpg

644 - Ok ;)

Lykich 09-17-2009 01:35 PM

aryajuanda

You have characteristics mach_kernel.test7 ?
At its use with Р4 it is necessary disabler.kext ?

eMatoS 09-22-2009 06:06 AM

Fantastic guide aryajuanda, it helped me a lot with my snow leo installation.

FYI everything is working great just like on my old 10.5.8, though I had to place appleac97audio, voodoops2controller and nforcelan kexts inside /s/l/ext, as they won't load from the extra folder. The video card is injected via EFI string and my realtek card is working right out of the box.
Everything feels snappier, faster, hope it lasts.

Thanks again aryajuanda!!!

EDIT:
After a couple of days I must say that it's really behaving more stable and faster than 10.5.8, the only issue I've found (and not a big one) is that I cannot set the volume with the slider next to the clock or the keyboard, it seems to move but it turns back to the previous state once I drop the slider. The strange thing is that I can change it from the audio preferences :P

Any idea???

RetroRen 09-23-2009 11:24 PM

I manged to install SL using a combination of this guide and the guide on ihackintosh, but I'm not able to boot it.

I installed on my external USB drive (GUID), installed this kexts:
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t701562_kexts.jpg

I get KP every time when I try to boot (I tried booting with -v -f -s -x, no go )
vanilla kernel gives me restarts, withz modbin test7 I get this KP:
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t701558_KPSL.jpg

Can anyone help me with this KP?

My specs are:
AMD Athlon II X2 550
Gigabyte 790fx UD4p
8Gb RAM
ati radeon 3850

aryajuanda 09-25-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RetroRen (Post 35691)
I manged to install SL using a combination of this guide and the guide on ihackintosh, but I'm not able to boot it.

I installed on my external USB drive (GUID), installed this kexts:
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t701562_kexts.jpg

I get KP every time when I try to boot (I tried booting with -v -f -s -x, no go )
vanilla kernel gives me restarts, withz modbin test7 I get this KP:
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t701558_KPSL.jpg

Can anyone help me with this KP?

My specs are:
AMD Athlon II X2 550
Gigabyte 790fx UD4p
8Gb RAM
ati radeon 3850

Are u sure u have replce the boot file, u can use boot file from 1st post or using boot file from chameleon rc3

For intel user or some one who like to try boot 64 bit mode on testt7 kernel you can try boot with -64_bit

Not working on my rig becauce amd doesnot have syscall64, but i can see 64 bit mode enable with -64_bit boot arg

maxx 09-26-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eMatoS (Post 35519)
Fantastic guide aryajuanda, it helped me a lot with my snow leo installation.

FYI everything is working great just like on my old 10.5.8, though I had to place appleac97audio, voodoops2controller and nforcelan kexts inside /s/l/ext, as they won't load from the extra folder. The video card is injected via EFI string and my realtek card is working right out of the box.
Everything feels snappier, faster, hope it lasts.

Thanks again aryajuanda!!!

EDIT:
After a couple of days I must say that it's really behaving more stable and faster than 10.5.8, the only issue I've found (and not a big one) is that I cannot set the volume with the slider next to the clock or the keyboard, it seems to move but it turns back to the previous state once I drop the slider. The strange thing is that I can change it from the audio preferences :P

Any idea???

This isn't so simple as it seems.i am sure if you go to itunes preferences, itunes wont show anything and also if you check Sysytem Preferences/spotlight under privacy tab it will crash the system.

These problems along with volume slider can be fixed using marvins amd utility by checking patch all binaries and select the System/library folder.If you check specific folders it will just show a "Unable to determine encrypted files...." message.

HOWEVER if you do this front row will stop from starting. Havent found a solution on this one yet.

eMatoS 09-26-2009 05:45 PM

Thanks for the answer maxx... I've patched every binary on /Library since my first boot and never had that itunes and spotlight problem, that slider thing is the only issue I had so far.
Also FrontRow is not working here as you said, but I never use it, so...

xXrkidXx 09-26-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxx (Post 35912)
This isn't so simple as it seems.i am sure if you go to itunes preferences, itunes wont show anything and also if you check Sysytem Preferences/spotlight under privacy tab it will crash the system.

These problems along with volume slider can be fixed using marvins amd utility by checking patch all binaries and select the System/library folder.If you check specific folders it will just show a "Unable to determine encrypted files...." message.

HOWEVER if you do this front row will stop from starting. Havent found a solution on this one yet.

its because we have to find out where in the folders it is, and then we need to patch it. it should work then, id help with finding it but... KP everytime I try, im just gonna wait for Andy's kernel.

eMatoS 09-26-2009 08:13 PM

I think I'll do the same, have you tried building the one he posted earlier today?

maxx 09-26-2009 08:23 PM

i have solved the itunes and spotlight problem with Front Row still working.I also found the location of the "volume slider" but patching it did not help.

The location is System/Library/coreservices/menu extras/volume.menu but as i said the solution is not there.

I guess we can back up the Front Row inside System/Library then patch the whole System/Library folder and then paste back the front row.This may work but i am not willing to try a reformat just for a volume slider in case it fails (i use front row)

eMatoS 09-26-2009 09:18 PM

Marvin found 2 cpuid that cannot be patched:

/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemUIServer.app/Contents/MacOS/SystemUIServer
/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDAResman

And 7 encrypted binaries:

/System/Library/CoreServices/backupd
/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/MacOS/Dock
/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder
/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow
/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemUIServer.app/Contents/MacOS/SystemUIServer
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/Support/fontd
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Support/mds

Should I decrypt these? Everything is working fine so far...

Maxx, thanks for your help again, as you can see the SystemUIServer.app can not be patched and I think (it's just an idea) that is the responsible for the slider issue.
My console reports this at startup:
SystemUIServer[1298] MenuCracker: Allowing "iStatMenusCPU".

Anyway, I'll better wait for Andy's patch as this volume thing is not a big deal.

EDIT: I've managed to make the keyboard volume keys to work. It seems controllermate needed to be updated for snow.
Still having the slider issue but it's even less annoying now that I can control the volume with my keyboard.

maxx 09-27-2009 07:48 AM

It is the systemuiserver BUT partially and here is what i mean.

I have successfully patched using Marvins AMD utility the SystemUIserver app and now the slider bar on the menu bar works ok BUT the volume slider that pops up when you increase or decrease volume from keyboard still stays the same.

However it is one step forward.

I am pretty sure now that if we back up front row inside Coreservices,then patch the whole Coreservices folder and finally paste back the front row into Coreservices that will solve all these problems while keeping front row working.I am saying this beause when i was patching Coreservices folder everything was working as it should except Front Row.

So, theoretically all we have to do is exclude Front Row from being patched.

I did a clean install yesterday and i am not willing to try this coz i cant stand another format.Anyone willing to try it? :)

eMatoS 09-27-2009 09:52 AM

I have already patched all the coreservices folder and still have the slider problem, but as I said before, I've managed to make the keyboard volume keys to work. On the other hand I cannot patch systemuiserver, don't know why but I just can't. This is what the patcher tells me:

File does not contain the reference bytes at vmaddr 0x34d87 (fileoffs 0xc3d87)!
0 of 1 patches applied

EDIT: done, I wasn't decrypting the binaries, just patching the cpuid, now I've done both and the slider is working!!
Strange thing is that I haven't decrypted any of the many binaries reported by Marvin and they are working fine so far. The encrypted files are listed above.

Thanks for your help maxx, and don't be afraid to patch the coreservices folder (except for frontrow of course) but perhaps you shouldn't run the decrypter, just the cpuid patcher.

maxx 09-27-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eMatoS (Post 36005)
I have already patched all the coreservices folder and still have the slider problem, but as I said before, I've managed to make the keyboard volume keys to work. On the other hand I cannot patch systemuiserver, don't know why but I just can't. This is what the patcher tells me:

File does not contain the reference bytes at vmaddr 0x34d87 (fileoffs 0xc3d87)!
0 of 1 patches applied

EDIT: done, I wasn't decrypting the binaries, just patching the cpuid, now I've done both and the slider is working!!
Strange thing is that I haven't decrypted any of the many binaries reported by Marvin and they are working fine so far. The encrypted files are listed above.

Thanks for your help maxx, and don't be afraid to patch the coreservices folder (except for frontrow of course) but perhaps you shouldn't run the decrypter, just the cpuid patcher.

I am not sure i completely understood.Can u please elaborate some more.Which option did u choose on Marvins AMD util and which folder exactly did u choose?

I repeat that slider in meny bar works for me too.Its the pop up slider that does not work.

Thank you for your help man. :)

diskeeper 09-27-2009 10:17 AM

Run Marvin's Utility like in the picture:
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/090924/Screen...toltes.hu_.png

When finished go to desktop AMD.Patch.Folder, the current date folder, and copy patches folder to the root of Snow drive:
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/090924/Screen...toltes.hu_.png

Reboot and boot with -s and type this:
Code:

/sbin/mount -uw /
cd /patches
./patcher ./cpuid.txt
reboot

And here is the Front Row.app fix
Copy to System/Library/CoreServices
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?njq0qgmeud2

maxx 09-27-2009 10:44 AM

Thx man.An alternative solution t this which i followed is what i said earlier if someone doesnt want to mess with commands.

Just patch the System/Library folder by selecting the last option from marvins AMD utility BUT before patching it back up the front row app inside System/Library/CoreServices.After that reboot and paste front row you backed up earlier int System/Library/Coreservices.

That will do the trick.

Nice feedback everyone!

maybe these solutions should go by the original poster as a workaround in the first page of the guide.

RetroRen 09-27-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aryajuanda (Post 35860)
Are u sure u have replce the boot file, u can use boot file from 1st post or using boot file from chameleon rc3

For intel user or some one who like to try boot 64 bit mode on testt7 kernel you can try boot with -64_bit

Not working on my rig becauce amd doesnot have syscall64, but i can see 64 bit mode enable with -64_bit boot arg

I have a proper boot file and I dont think that the boot file is the problem, boot process goes through all the way and just when it should start with login screen, it goes to KP.

I probably have to wait for a better amd kernel.

aryajuanda 09-28-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RetroRen (Post 36067)
I have a proper boot file and I dont think that the boot file is the problem, boot process goes through all the way and just when it should start with login screen, it goes to KP.

I probably have to wait for a better amd kernel.

what is your VGA card? do you use efi string for your VGA or use an injector?

himαchiruthe 09-28-2009 09:55 AM

Hi aryajuanda, I have updated my Snow to 10.6.1 update patched using zephyroth's AMD patcher, everything works fine, but Dock is disappears :(, how to get it back?

aryajuanda 09-28-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by himαchiruthe (Post 36124)
Hi aryajuanda, I have updated my Snow to 10.6.1 update patched using zephyroth's AMD patcher, everything works fine, but Dock is disappears :(, how to get it back?

you can try copy an original Dock.app to /System/Library/CoreServices/

RetroRen 09-28-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aryajuanda (Post 36110)
what is your VGA card? do you use efi string for your VGA or use an injector?

I have ati radeon 3850.
I've tried to create an EFI string using EFI studio and put it into boot plist, but I'm not sure I did it right.

With 10.5 i was doing that after succesful install, it wasn't necessery to have vga kext or EFI string before installing OS.

dashboard 09-28-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by himαchiruthe (Post 36124)

There was no need for patching it, especially not with Zephyroth's AMD Patcher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RetroRen (Post 36138)
I have ati radeon 3850.
I've tried to create an EFI string using EFI studio and put it into boot plist, but I'm not sure I did it right.

It would help if you told us exactly how did you do it.

RetroRen 09-28-2009 12:10 PM

Using step 6 on this page:
http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/09/i...pc-hackintosh/

But I had two problems:
1) I couldnt select my graphic card from the menu so I selected a random generic one.
2) In the boot plist I didnt find Graphics mode/key string, so I put the code to the end of the line

aryajuanda 09-28-2009 12:28 PM

try to use an EFI string from your Leopard installation.. u might need to add Pci ID of your VGA to your ATI..... kext (i dont know the proper kext because i dont have ATI card)..
or you can try looking an answer in netkas.org

himαchiruthe 09-28-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aryajuanda (Post 36128)
you can try copy an original Dock.app to /System/Library/CoreServices/

Hi aryajuanda, I reinstalled 10.6.1 update without patching, now I got Dock.
And some times I am getting com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily 2.5.0 KP, If I reset the BIOS to default settings then it works. I need to reset every time, any Idea how to resolve this issue or Do I need to change any kext?

dashboard 09-28-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RetroRen (Post 36145)
Using step 6 on this page:
http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/09/i...pc-hackintosh/

But I had two problems:
1) I couldnt select my graphic card from the menu so I selected a random generic one.
2) In the boot plist I didnt find Graphics mode/key string, so I put the code to the end of the line

You can't do it like that. Use the EFI string from your Leo install. Paste your com.apple.Boot.plist for us to see what you did...

RetroRen 09-28-2009 03:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my boot plists for OSX SL 10.6 install and from my 100% working Leo 10.5

BTW, in EFI studio when Display device is selected, I can only choose from list of Nvidia VGA cards, no ATI card in the list, and I have Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD3850.

Thanks in advance :)

ptesone 10-05-2009 07:35 PM

Worked like a charm, thanx !

I had to use a retail DVD of Snow Leopard tho, my previous attempts (using other SL downloads) were causing KP's on first boot every time. . .

Also, do you think it is stable enough to run as main OS, I mean is it as solid as Leopard 10.5.8? And is there anything else you can tell us about the modbin test 7 kernel like what features it may or may not have, advantages or dis-advantages we should know about?
just curious. . .

scenarium 10-07-2009 03:21 PM

Hi There,

I'm new on this, but could anyone help in with a Dutch HowTo version?

Thnx,
Marc

bt_fans 10-11-2009 08:25 PM

My MB is Asus M3A78-EMH. AMD CPU. Can I install SL?
Thanks

blackknight 10-11-2009 08:54 PM

You should be able to, but you will need a standalone graphics card for 3d acceleration as the onboard won't work.

Bansaku 10-12-2009 07:23 AM

I need help (feel like a noob)

I am somewhat confused as to how to install Snow Leopard. I have done all the prep-work from the guide. Problem is, after about 30% done it restarts (stating the install will continue after Restart). That's where I am stuck. I have my SL drive set to default but after it restarts, all Chameleon sees is my 10.5.8 and W7 installs. What am I doing wrong? How do I make this work?

Bansaku 10-13-2009 04:26 AM

Fixed

Ok, feel like a dumb-ass, but I fixed my own problem. Install went smoothly but having problems getting SL to boot; it keeps hanging on "DSMOS found" in verbose mode and does nothing. Any suggestions how to get past this? I have tried the classic -v -r -f -x and the result is the same. At least I am not getting any kernel panics. :-/

aryajuanda 10-15-2009 05:03 AM

maybe you can try fakesmc to replace dmos

jdevil 10-17-2009 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bansaku (Post 37319)
Ok, feel like a dumb-ass, but I fixed my own problem. Install went smoothly but having problems getting SL to boot; it keeps hanging on "DSMOS found" in verbose mode and does nothing. Any suggestions how to get past this? I have tried the classic -v -r -f -x and the result is the same. At least I am not getting any kernel panics. :-/

have you tried the fakesmc.kext?

DEADLY360 10-17-2009 10:26 AM

install failed

HAHA my 3rd attempt installing snow leopard
when i boot nothing pops out again XD
maybe i didn't put enough kext
this time i added AppleATIATA.kext still nth pops out :(
maybe my mobo problem???
anyone have snow leopard working on ATI SB600 chipset??
what kext is needed??

punk_zappa 10-18-2009 06:03 AM

I tried installing on;

Biostar 790GX
GTS250
X2 550BE unlocked
4 gigs ram

and it would just sit in a gray screen after getting out of verbose.. Will keep trying.

perisman 10-18-2009 08:58 AM

deadly360:
Look at new releases, and read the post of andivand for appleatiata.kext, works nicely (sata and ide in native mode) with my ga-ma770-ds3 with sb600 southbridge.

DEADLY360 10-18-2009 10:53 AM

hey perisman
i now know why nth pops out after i reboot, since i got two HDD so i forgot to set the snow hdd to 1st boot in bios. Now it boots perfectly but just my mouse and keyborad dosen't work(i added ApplePS2 and controller ) but it didn't work. I havn't test sound and lan i'll check it
now i need help on mouse and keyboard.