InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G31M-ES2L (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3672)

riadtania 01-13-2010 10:24 AM

Also, after installation, when I tried to boot. it says
boot0: testing
boot0:testing
boot0: error

I delete the source parition which had OS installation partition so that i can boot into secondardy partition where OS was installed. everyone i was booting my laptop, it was boot from installation partition rather than where OS was install.

A help would be really helpful. I am trying hard for last3 weeks to get this to install. It is not working. I used retail MAC OS X to dump image then ran the utility mention begining of this forum. thanks a log again.

zim2dive 01-13-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riadtania (Post 42950)
Hi guys, I followed the instruction and dump all files into external hard drive which has HFS+ partition. I am trying to install into my sony vaio laptop. at the disk utility whle trying to install from external hard drive, it doesn't see the my laptop's interal hard drive. i have windows xp and HFS+ partition inside of my internal hard drive. does anyone know why?

This thread is for the G31M motherboard, not for a laptop.. you'll get better answers if you post your question in a more appropriate location.

lflashl 01-13-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapam (Post 42940)
Like posts #233 and #449, I've followed the guide to create the bootable USB stick, but mine won't boot. It hangs at "Verifying DMI pool data ...." (I have tried the fix described in #451, but that didn't work for me.)

I'm using a Rev 1.1 G31M-es2L with F8 BIOS. The other parts are described in my signature. The BIOS settings are essentially identical to the ones described in Weaksauce12's pdf that someone posted here. It is currently running 10.5.8 with only sleep problems (like everyone else), so I doubt BIOS is the problem.

I've also tried using the Adam Pash/stellarolla lifehacker method to install 10.6 Several people have reported that it works well with the G31M-ES2L board. But again, the USB stick I create using his process won't boot. It just gets stuck at the same "verifying DMI pool data" step.

This leads me to think that I'm missing something truly fundamental about creating the USB stick. I've been creating the Snow Leopard installer image from a retail DVD...then restoring it to the USB stick and running the scripts. When I'm done, the USB stick includes all the files that show up on the retail DVD plus "boot", extra folder, pfix, pfix.log and some shortcuts. Then I go to boot it using either F12 or by setting it up as the 1st boot drive. Either way it just hangs at the "verifying dmi pool data" step.

Any ideas?

try taking out some memory and wirless NIC. i have read some people need to only have 2Gigs memory installed to install SL. Also do you have SATA DRIVES install and not IDE, i have heard that can cause problems. I have the same board and everything worked fine, what leopard system did you make the USB stick on?

lflashl 01-13-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riadtania (Post 42950)
Hi guys, I followed the instruction and dump all files into external hard drive which has HFS+ partition. I am trying to install into my sony vaio laptop. at the disk utility whle trying to install from external hard drive, it doesn't see the my laptop's interal hard drive. i have windows xp and HFS+ partition inside of my internal hard drive. does anyone know why?

might help if you told us what laptop you had! there are alot, if we know the model number then we could tell you the place where you need to go work out your problems!

sapam 01-14-2010 03:56 AM

Got the USB stick working...thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by lflashl (Post 43002)
I have the same board and everything worked fine, what leopard system did you make the USB stick on?

Thanks barrsurf and lflashl. I tried a new USB stick, but that didn't seem to make a difference. But then lflashl's comment got me to look at the version of OSX on the borrowed laptop I was using to create the USB stick - 10.4.11!

I wouldn't have thought it mattered to use Tiger, but once I created the USB stick with my existing 10.5.8 hack install, it booted right up. (I used the lifehacker/stell script to fix the stick.) Miles to go before I'm totally done, but at least I got past the first hurdle. Thanks again.

riadtania 01-14-2010 04:05 AM

Sorry guys. I am in the wrong threads. Actually, I tried so many solutions, i cannot even make it to work. This threads solution is the only thing that took me to install snow leopard successfully.

If you dont' mind, can you please direct me place where I can find some solution. I have VGN-BZ560 laptop. Google it a lot and couldn't find anybody who had success install Snow Leopard.

Again, when I tried to install SL from USB, it doesn't see my laptop internal HD and after installing into different partition from USB, i cannot boot from it. I get error message as:

error0:test
error0:test
error0: failed.

Please help me to right place or solution that might work for my laptop. Really appreciate for your help and valuable time.

chubsterpete 01-14-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zim2dive (Post 41479)
The 1st post says to The closest thing I see is the "Bonjour Fix/SnowR1000"..... but that doesn't seem to do the trick for me... I just ran it (after updating to 10.6.2)... it said to reboot, I did, and I still cannot see my Airport Extreme. (I also ran kext util and rebooted a 2nd time, just to be sure).

Any help?

edit: digging around, I see that SnowR1000 is supposed to installl RealtekR1000SL.kext in S/L/E.. when I looked, it was not there (even tho the installed appeared to have run successfully. I re-ran (then ran kext util just in case) and rebooted, and now its working.

Hello all,
Just checking back to this thread to update my install previously done with the old instructions using the hidden EFI partition. From what I've read, there's no pros or cons to either method other than one's preference on having the required files in the root of the drive or hidden. So I've made the required changes: generated my own DSDT and updated to 10.6.2 and all looks well.
Have the following questions though:
1. Bonjour fix - Like the quoted above, I also ran the SnowR1000 and it ran successfully but I don't see the kext in S/L/E. Have also copied it to S/L/E and dragged it to kext utility and rebuild extensions.mkext but I'm not sure if anything has changed or improved. I have a rev 1 board and ethernet worked out of the box. However, my samba shares are wonky in that I get intermittent disconnects when streaming media from the hackintosh. When this happens, my other devices will fail to connect to the samba shares. After some length of time, things work again.

2. Auto sleep doesn't work reliably. It seems to work right after startup but at some point stops working. Will try the script soon.

3. Speedstep - Would like to get this working as well but have not tried. Anyone successfully done this with a E5300?

Thanks

zim2dive 01-14-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubsterpete (Post 43049)
2. Auto sleep doesn't work reliably. It seems to work right after startup but at some point stops working. Will try the script soon.

Per a hint I got, if I leave a disc in the drive, it will auto-sleep (wacky, but it works)

cgates30 01-16-2010 09:54 AM

I'm trying to get through the guide (original post). I started with 10.5.7 installed on the G31M-ES2L. I made my usb stick and went through the steps listed in the OP. Press F12 in start up, select my usb drive, do the install. Then I restart, press f12, select the usb drive again, but it only gives me the option to select a drive to install to again. How do I enable the startup from SATA drive where I installed SL? Am I missing a step between the lines?

cgates30 01-17-2010 01:38 AM

I'm booting into SL on the usb drive, but when I try to create the dsdt.dsl file I get some errors and no ASL file (only a log file). Any advice?