InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Asus K50IN (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4409)

uwannacookie 08-04-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayuaditya (Post 49884)
thanks for quick reply, BTW sometimes after booting i got touchpad mess around when touched, but sometimes its works normally and my asus k40in still cant wakeup from sleep, restart and shutdown was normal. i use patched SL 10.6.
thanks in advance.

Idk that issue yet, I can wake up after sleep, but many stuff stop working, but the main stuff works, and I can't restart after sleep D: . i have to shut down and start again.
Sleep still doesn't work quite properly .

I'm on vanilla OS X , you should try vanilla too .

jhernandez 08-05-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uwannacookie (Post 49864)
Turn on your computer and keep pressing F4 until it appears a Bios Update Utility. Then you point your usb device letter, and select your bios, and update :). ŠREMEMBER TO BE ON AC POWERŠ

EDIT: bios will detect that extension as a rom file.

Thank you very much!
I successfully updated my bios, ad get a step closer to osx. When I try with the 10.6.3 13" macbook pro dvd i can initialise the installation but get the error:
"Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer"
even when I boot it in -x mode
Then i tried whith 10.6 SL10A432 DVD and man_of_the_oak files (but not the system/library... directory, this is not for the installation, isn't it??) And get a smooth boot until the grey screen appears and nothing else happens, the HD looks working and the spinning wheel appears.

please, any k50in owner can share its winning combination of OSX dvd, boot options and ktext files?

thaks in advance

man_of_the_oak 08-05-2010 09:35 AM

@up

All the files I gave you are needed. You need to put those from system/library/extensions to Extra/extensions during install. Also, use iBoot CD or Empire EFI, as to be honest - Asus K50IN boot CD almost always doesn't work since it's outdated. I will create mine soon, you can wait or try with bootloaders from above/create custom usb install with ALL my kexts.

yuanlukito 08-06-2010 09:48 AM

Couldn't boot into 32 bit mode

Hi @man_of_the_oak, i've tried your kexts. It works flawlessly. Sadly, my hackintosh (k40in) always boot in 64 bit. I am currently using Snow Leopard 10.6.3.

I've tried arch=i386 option, it always fail / hang. Last log : Sound Assertion error : AppleHDA.

i'm badly needed to boot into 32 bit mode. Do you have any suggestion? Thanks. :)

man_of_the_oak 08-06-2010 11:08 AM

I work in 64-bit and in general I don't see any reason to use 32-bit o.O Why do you need it?

Some of my kexts are 64-bit only I think that it may cause this problem.

uwannacookie 08-09-2010 05:06 AM

Yeah , i needed 32-bit mode for my TMN internet pen and i cannot use it , :\

EDIT: Sent an e-mail to Atheros info to give us the kext of AR9825 fixed for Snow Leopard , gonna wait for response.

anderstand 08-09-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by man_of_the_oak (Post 49811)
I would rather take a miniPCI-e one, it's very easy to replace wifi in this asus and works perfect :)

PS If you decide to install update - put this disabler kext into system/library/extensions

http://files.netkas.org/10.6.2/NullC...ement.kext.zip

After first reboot with installed update, you can delete it :)

Hello man!

I have ASUS K50IN (Intel C2D T8100) with 2GB RAM. And your config is 4Gb. Shall I make any changes if using your files (DSDT etc..)??

Thank you!

uwannacookie 08-09-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anderstand (Post 49979)
Hello man!

I have ASUS K50IN (Intel C2D T8100) with 2GB RAM. And your config is 4Gb. Shall I make any changes if using your files (DSDT etc..)??

Thank you!

What's your chipset ?

anderstand 08-10-2010 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uwannacookie (Post 49983)
What's your chipset ?

My chipset is NVIDIA MCP79

man_of_the_oak 08-10-2010 10:42 AM

Then you can use my files with no doubt :) Just remember to edit SMBIOS and put there your CPU info.