InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Asus K50IN (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4409)

mondet 08-22-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by man_of_the_oak (Post 55018)
I am sorry, I can't provide any support for Lion. I don't like the system at the moment and all I can do is to recommend to install Mac OS X 10.6.8 using my tutorial. It will work perfectly...

When Lion is enough stable for me, I will spend some time to check it out but as for now - let's stick to 10.6.8.

btw. I don't like tonymac's (aka thief) works either, so please simply try to use what I give in my tutorial ;)

:-* got it ... :D

flip360 08-22-2011 03:20 PM

hey buddy here is a clean ubunty 9.10 extracted dsdt, hope its ok this time around :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?7mu5al5aekkfdbl

Cheers

man_of_the_oak 08-22-2011 03:39 PM

Checked it, it has exactly the same amount of errors, warnings and remarks as mine + they are the same, so simply read the tutorial and edit it.

Code:

Compilation complete. 2 Errors, 42 Warnings, 1 Remarks, 63 Optimizations

flip360 08-22-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by man_of_the_oak (Post 55023)
Checked it, it has exactly the same amount of errors, warnings and remarks as mine + they are the same, so simply read the tutorial and edit it.

Code:

Compilation complete. 2 Errors, 42 Warnings, 1 Remarks, 63 Optimizations

i edited it so i have no errors and no remarks :)
i inserted all the fixes except for WLAN (another wifi card), Graphic injection (i like Chameleons Graphic Enabler) and LID (gave me some error; LPCB does not exist or simmilar) and VOILA, a working custom DSDT!!!
thanks for the tutorial man_of_the_oak, really great work,

Cheers

man_of_the_oak 08-22-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 55024)
i edited it so i have no errors and no remarks :)
i inserted all the fixes except for WLAN (another wifi card), Graphic injection )i like Chameleons Graphic Enabler) and LID (gave me some error; LPCB does not exist or simmilar) and VOILA, a working custom DSDT!!!
thanks for the tutorial man_of_the_oak, really great work,

Cheers

Graphics injection does require Graphics Enabler. I didn't put nvcap there, it's only for inserting information about the card, not for enabling it.

As for LID fix - auch, I must have copied it with my edits (I've changed SBRG to LPCB, so it would look like in MacBook Pro...), let me fix it. Ok, edited - you can apply it now, will work.

flip360 08-22-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by man_of_the_oak (Post 55025)
Graphics injection does require Graphics Enabler. I didn't put nvcap there, it's only for inserting information about the card, not for enabling it.

As for LID fix - auch, I must have copied it with my edits (I've changed SBRG to LPCB, so it would look like in MacBook Pro...), let me fix it. Ok, edited - you can apply it now, will work.

LOL no harm done buddy :) LID Fixed! :P
so u saying that even if i insert the GFX fix in the DSDT i will still have to use Chameleons GE or some other GE?
when i plugged in the cord from my speakers (external) i could still hear the plop (ongoing loop) until i played whatever other sound and its gone, any info?

man_of_the_oak 08-22-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 55026)
LOL no harm done buddy :) LID Fixed! :P
so u saying that even if i insert the GFX fix in the DSDT i will still have to use Chameleons GE or some other GE?
when i plugged in the cord from my speakers (external) i could still hear the plop (ongoing loop) until i played whatever other sound and its gone, any info?

Yup, it is only for inserting info about the card, not for enabling it.

About noises - I cannot help you other than saying - clean install, without using anything else than my work. I have no problems here, so...

flip360 08-22-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by man_of_the_oak (Post 55027)
Yup, it is only for inserting info about the card, not for enabling it.

About noises - I cannot help you other than saying - clean install, without using anything else than my work. I have no problems here, so...

Thanks for all your work man_of_the_oak, i have even maybe learned a thing or two about dsdt editing :P
My system profiler cannot find the sdcard reader with the kext supplied, any info on that?

man_of_the_oak 08-22-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip360 (Post 55028)
Thanks for all your work man_of_the_oak, i have even maybe learned a thing or two about dsdt editing :P
My system profiler cannot find the sdcard reader with the kext supplied, any info on that?

Yup, put SD card ;]

flip360 08-22-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by man_of_the_oak (Post 55029)
Yup, put SD card ;]

LOL :D Thanks
what did you use for modyfing the icons on the taskbar?

cheers