InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The "Unofficial" Empire EFI Support Thread (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4836)

wetzelskid 04-08-2010 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InteliMacPro (Post 43122)
Also wanted to add that I tried booting using 1.085 and it shuts my computer down right before the OS loads. FIrst one that hasn't worked for me (other than the gtx260 issue, of course).

I tried empire EFI per your suggestion in the other thread, using the latest one on his site (1.085) and I get this exact problem. Seems to install fine (I do get the install failed but that's supposed to happen), then when I restart and boot from the disc and select my installed HD, it says some stuff and shuts down the computer.

edit:

that said, GraphicsEnabler=Y PciRoot=0 does let me use my gtx260 to run the installer.

Also I just realized I tried with the standard release instead of the R2. Going to try the R2 now.

InteliMacPro 04-08-2010 02:44 AM

yeah i had that problem with 1.085 pre R2.

wetzelskid 04-08-2010 07:12 AM

R2 worked, I managed to successfully install SL.

Now I'm having a helluva time getting it to boot normally. I tried to switch my refresh rate in System Preferences to 120hz (I have a 120hz monitor which is great but not so much if it won't be using 120hz), but when I clicked to apply the screen went all crazy with static and I had to reboot. Now it will only boot from Empire EFI in safe mode.

I have installed Chameleon rc4 and I can get it to start booting from the HD, but it hangs at something about AppleRTL8169Ethernet: phyWaitForAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT, sometimes adding NVDA50 something or other.

So for now I am stuck booting in safe mode from a CD but at least it's running.

InteliMacPro 04-08-2010 07:34 AM

Yeah I'd leave it at 60hz. I think it mentions it in the first post but there's a site called kexts.com or something like that where you can find a kext to get your internet working.not sure why it's giving you a kp unless you installed conflicting kexts. Internet worked oob on mine, but I needed a lexy to get bonjour working. If you installed a networking kext try it again with vanilla and see if it kp's on you. Safe mode's a good start though. Nice work.

se7ensmatrix1216 04-15-2010 04:08 AM

Hello Everyone!

First time poster here and wow, I have never felt like such a noob before in my life.

System Specs:
AMD Phenom II 965 BE C3 (OC: 3.6 GHZ)
MSI 790FX-GD70
Crucial Ballistix 1600 MHz @ 7-7-7-21-28-1T
2 OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD (Running W7)
1 WD Caviar Black (4 Partitions - Primary Mac Dedicated)
2 ATI HD 4890 in CrossfireX x16

First off, I'm not even sure how to begin my process here. I've downloaded Empire EFI, and several kexts as have been suggested for my setup, but that's about as far as it gets.

When I burn the ISO onto a disk, and I run EFI. Loads, put in my retail 10.6 disk, Darwin loads, then, almost instantly I get kernel panic.

Quote:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A8FFD): Kernel trap at 0x0019a8c2,type 14=page fault
Quote:

debugger called: <panic>
backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
I am pretty much at a stand still. I cannot install at all, once the installer SHOULD load, it shuts down and gives me this instead. I'm really lost, and if anyone would be willing to assist me, please send me a PM. I would greatly appreciate it!

flightsim 04-18-2010 05:52 AM

I have a laptop with:
GT240M
I7 720
6gb ram

I try and use the 1.085r2 for the nvidia cards, but no luck, only restarts following the press any key to continue. Any suggestions?

MNG 04-27-2010 10:12 PM

still waiting for root device

i tried a lot with this Empire Efi but nothing worked for me, i tried v1.08, v1.085 and even the modified tuned version for x58 motherboards but still no result
when i say no result, i mean it gets stuck with a message that says:
'Still waiting for root device'
'Still waiting for root device'
etc
etc
anyone have any idea what to do here? i'm stumped :mad:

se7ensmatrix1216 05-02-2010 04:57 AM

Noone here has any answers. I've come to find most of these "help" sites are pretty worthless.

k3r3nsk7 05-18-2010 07:36 PM

Hello,

I'm installing OS:X with Empire Efi and when it finally is at 100 % it says it can't restart the disk and that I have to manually use StartUp disk tool.

In this tool I get this error:

The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk

anyone ideas or suggestions?

Katori 05-23-2010 01:32 PM

I'm using the latest one (the second AMD version on the page) and a 10.6 retail install DVD on a Phenom II X4 940, with 8gb of RAM. I'm getting a kernel panic. EmpireEFI works fine but when I put my disk in and boot it up it goes to a kernel panic without any kind of graphical screen. Here's a picture of the screen (phone camera, sorry). What can I do?