InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   10.6.5 is avaible via Softwareupdate... (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=6711)

Imkantus 11-12-2010 01:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RayFlower (Post 51369)
EDIT:
It seems I spoke too soon, with -force64 i can't run 32bitcode, uhm could you in depth describe the patching procedure please?

EDIT
It seems like this upgrade installed a new /usr/lib/dyld, replacing it with a prepatched one did the trick.

Well here comes the -force64 Guide. :D

When you are using Andy's v4 or v5 Patch Kernel you do not need to patch /usr/lib/dyld itself, only the bindings.

Use the tool posted by Andy to do so, copy amd_insn_patcher to /usr/sbin then use the following Syntax:

amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib ~/Desktop/libSystem.B.dylib
amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/libSystem.B_debug.dylib ~/Desktop/libSystem_debug.B.dylib
amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/libSystem.B_profile.dylib ~/Desktop/libSystem.B_profile.dylib

Last two ones are only present if Xcode is installed on your system.
The patched files will appear on your Desktop, use "open /usr/lib" on Terminal to open the folder, open Disk-Utility, replace the three files by dropping them into /usr/lib by Finder. Select your harddrive in Disk-Utility and run Repair Permissions Task, wait till it is done and reboot.

After reboot open Terminal again and run the following command:

sudo update_dyld_shared_cache

Now for the AMD users out there, there are still CPUIDs left to patch, this can be done using amd_insn_patcher too, but this is laborious, so I have made a cpuid.txt that only needs to be dropped onto Maxxus Patcher GUI Icon - get it from the attachment. (Note that you will need to patch more files than those in that file, if you are going to use pure legacy i386 mode / without -force64) :)

This is what is giving me a fully working AMD system. :cool:

fumoboy007 11-12-2010 02:54 AM

Same symptoms plus a few

USB not working, wireless not working, bluetooth input not working.

kocoman 11-12-2010 01:21 PM

I am getting hard freeze (no panic screen, just mouse freeze) after the update

how to diagnose it?

edit: I think it might be with Parallels 6... I've updated to the latest version and try it again.. will edit post if it still hangs

Also has anyone got stuck in 10.6.4 and printer not work after the update?

rog1121 11-12-2010 06:54 PM

USB Problems

For all of you that cant get your mice etc working, Just download these kexts provided by nawcom and put them in Extra/Extensions. (Make sure to run pfix afterwards)

Pharuk 11-12-2010 10:39 PM

Updated from combo downloaded. USB issue solved re-installed 10.6.4 kexts IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext. Fixed permissions. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/sty...t/rolleyes.gif

Snow Leopard 10.6.5, Leopard 10.5.8, Win7
GA-MA770-DS3, AMD SB700, AMD64 5600+, GF-9500GT, Realtek ALC888,
Realtek 8111C, IEEE 1394a, 2x2GB 800 DDR2, Sata AHCI Seagate ST31000528AS

RayFlower 11-13-2010 03:01 AM

I noticed i don't get the good old firewire error in the boot up process, but without limiting the cpu count from 4 to 3 it's stil acting up, the buffer(on my presonus firebox) keeps going all over the place and lose streams all the time, but oh well i guess I just have to live with it.

fumoboy007 11-13-2010 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fumoboy007 (Post 51375)
USB not working, wireless not working, bluetooth input not working.

USB fixed using old IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorage, wireless fixed using old IO80211Family (only the executable is needed), bluetooth input fixed using old IOBluetoothHIDDriver.

wastez 11-13-2010 11:23 AM

Hello,

Do you use the updated legacy_kernel?
Does anyone use the anv qoopz kernel rel4 with updated dyld?

Does anyone have a radeon 5xxx series and run a benchmark with it?
Would be really interessting if the card is faster then before?

Greets

gedna 11-14-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imkantus (Post 51373)
Well here comes the -force64 Guide. :D

When you are using Andy's v4 or v5 Patch Kernel you do not need to patch /usr/lib/dyld itself, only the bindings.

Use the tool posted by Andy to do so, copy amd_insn_patcher to /usr/sbin then use the following Syntax:

amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib ~/Desktop/libSystem.B.dylib
amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/libSystem.B_debug.dylib ~/Desktop/libSystem_debug.B.dylib
amd_insn_patcher /usr/lib/libSystem.B_profile.dylib ~/Desktop/libSystem.B_profile.dylib

Last two ones are only present if Xcode is installed on your system.
The patched files will appear on your Desktop, use "open /usr/lib" on Terminal to open the folder, open Disk-Utility, replace the three files by dropping them into /usr/lib by Finder. Select your harddrive in Disk-Utility and run Repair Permissions Task, wait till it is done and reboot.

After reboot open Terminal again and run the following command:

sudo update_dyld_shared_cache

Now for the AMD users out there, there are still CPUIDs left to patch, this can be done using amd_insn_patcher too, but this is laborious, so I have made a cpuid.txt that only needs to be dropped onto Maxxus Patcher GUI Icon - get it from the attachment. (Note that you will need to patch more files than those in that file, if you are going to use pure legacy i386 mode / without -force64) :)

This is what is giving me a fully working AMD system. :cool:

thank Imkantus for this Guide :) anyways, i cant use 64mode because i got slower system, dont know what is the problem but all benchmarks ar much lower, than just 32bit, and whole system feels slower and more glitchy

Imkantus 11-14-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gedna (Post 51415)
i cant use 64mode because i got slower system, dont know what is the problem

Neither I do - maybe try to clear all caches. ("/Library/Caches", "~/Library/Caches" + "/System/Library/Caches")