InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [GUIDE] (w/ photos) - 100% working Acer 6935g iAtkos v7 10.5.7 with nVidia 9600m GT (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3357)

Gurruwiwi 08-31-2009 11:29 PM

Well then, it seems you guys have a common denominator.

Would it be another pin might need covering? I'll look around, surely there is someone with an answer...

Maybe try an atheros card, they are really cheap and it's better than a usb antennae.

Your models have 2 HDD right? Mine only has one, but there are variations with 2 pci-e slots, some with tv tuner.. With any luck you'll have another slot like me without the killswitch... But I dont think that is the problem, although windows firing up the light makes me wonder. Other makes/models use different pins to cover, lets try to find them. Post back

paradoxni 09-01-2009 10:14 AM

Pin20 is def the kill switch on the this card (ive tested it in windows), but I have found on other forum a post about iatkos v7 and this same wireless card (dell 1395) which also does not work.

I am goin to buy a 1490 from ebay instead, will be the easiest solution.

My LAN connection is not working with your kext either, so it must be a different model with the acer 6930.

Some good things I found though..... the CPU and RAM are running at their correct speed without any patching needed. And the 9300GS gfx card works 100% with QE/CI, hardware accelerated with just the nvenabler + GT200 EVGA - no extra kexts or patching needed! :)

So if I can get the LAN working and buy 1490 wifi card I will be happy! :)

thanks,

Gurruwiwi 09-01-2009 12:19 PM

Thats great paradoxni!

Do you actually know how to benchamark to test if CPU and Ram are working right? I only know XBench, but have nothing to compare to, so I'm not certain.

Anyways, these things happen, I've done a really tight install of SL, before I got sound no problrm, now it seems impossible no matter what I do.

And you must be right about something, because my 1490 used to be 100% airport native, and with iAtkos v7 and SL it works just like airport, says airport, but in system profiler it shows uo as third party vendor, which its not supposed to since its Broadcom. So I conclude that iAtkos driver is so good, it can also pick up specific variants of the same segment of models!

Also, I am not going to state my life on this, but on another Acer with the switch, it was off in Windows with the pin 20, and also off in OSX. So there might be something there, like... hmm

Try the following, this DOES work for some hardware, and I am going to do just that right now with audio!

Sometimes, lord knows why, some hardware wake up when booting into windows, then back out into OSX.

You could try booting into windows and disabling the wifi in system properties (not delete driver!), then shutdown and reboot into windows to check its OFF and then back into OSX.

There could be memory state "switch" also !

paradoxni 09-01-2009 12:23 PM

I have just purchased a 1490 on ebay so im just going to give up on this card...

now im moving onto the LAN, uk keyboard button layouts and getting tapping/scrolling on the touchpad to work!

Gurruwiwi 09-01-2009 12:34 PM

Really? In Leopard? Congrats man!!

What kexts are you using? I tried the voodooPS2 with no luck., but now in 64bit SL multitouch scroll work flawlessly, zoom in with ctrl key+ 2 finger is delightful

anyways, for reference, this is how I've gotten wifi to recognize in the past, either in Tiger or Leo... its a link to a tutorial on editing kext to match Device ID

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...6&#entry999406

paradoxni 09-01-2009 01:05 PM

sorry i meant that is what I need to get working next, I havent got them working! :P

i have edited the kexts with the exact ID's but does not work. I will wait pateiently on the 1490 arriving and hope I have better luck.

paradoxni 09-01-2009 01:21 PM

i have just noticed that if i close the laptop lid, then open again, I cannot get it to wake up :(

Gurruwiwi 09-01-2009 04:00 PM

Yes, its a very common problem. Sleep is also hard to get working right.

You should try sleep enablers kexts. I haven't bothered with them because my laptop never sleeps, and is shut down only one, twice a week.

You can deactivate it in preferences, so when you shut down the lid its stays on, good to move it around.

Sleep is nice, but if abused makes OSX a bit slower with time, when you reboot its "normal" again, and I find the difference between full waking up and normal boot not to compensate the hassle.

Especially is SL ! Shutdown if faster than sleep in real macbook with Leo

paradoxni 09-01-2009 04:05 PM

how do you stop closing lid standby? I have set system preferences > energy savings turned standby to "never", but how do i change the lid settings?

mascal71 09-01-2009 08:36 PM

oh oh oh the postman came this morning so I have 2 new Apple stickers... and snow ! :-)
I just installed snow on my iMac and it rocks (finder is incredible faster than before) !!!!
I tried to install it on my hackintosh folowing this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...=#entry1242984 ... but it didnt work!!!
I need more time to fix it.
Any news about snow installation, Garuwiwi?
I read something about 64Bit. the big different between 32 and 64 bit seams to be that programs could use more than 4Gb of memory .. so if u dont have some super-duper program the different is tiny... anyway my iMac doesnt start with 64 bit kernel!!!:-(