InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [GUIDE] (w/ photos) - 100% working Acer 6935g iAtkos v7 10.5.7 with nVidia 9600m GT (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3357)

Stiwy 07-31-2009 12:25 AM

Thanks - everything is working fine

Hi again,

so thanks for ethernet kext, now is everything working fine.

Mac OS X is in one word just EXCELLENT operating system.

So simple, so beautyfull, so stable, so native :-) I hope that I never need use WIN anymore.

Realy thanks for your tutorial :-)

Stiwy

edit: Maybe my last question: Is possible to update this system using automatic updates from apple? or I must turn this of?

Gurruwiwi 08-03-2009 02:18 PM

It is perfectly safe to do system update on all component, theoretically including not only software update, but operating system update.

Software is always ok because it doesnt mess with your install.

Os is ok because, theoretically, because of chameleon and the Extra folder. Here is where you should put all kexts that get replaced during an update (audio, video, whatevers) - also disabler kext and appledecrypt prevent problems, but I really dont how to explain. That being said, I've had some problems installing kext to the Chameleon Extra folder, some kext loaded, others didn't (dependencies etc) - and I have such a stable system I really dont want to mess with it right now. I'm just riding the waiting waves for Snow Leopard :)

Anyway, from what I have read, Chameleon 2 rc 2 might be the holy grail for retail install method... got to get into it deeper though...

Stiwy - update software no problem. If you are having OS issues with something, and an update fixes it, go ahead. If not, just leave it. This is 10.5.7, the next revision will be out very soon, and then what, in 1 year they release 10.5.9 with some seriously deep - Leopard wont be much better than it is already, just mini-bug hunting from now on...

gtee 08-04-2009 12:41 PM

hi i've got the 6935g too..

it's working fine for me now. i went out to buy a generic OSX compatible USB wifi for 14 Euros.

now wireless works.

have to read carefully the instructions not to leave out any steps.

chaka123 08-04-2009 01:18 PM

ethernet not working

hey great guide, your solution for gfx made my 9600m gs 512mb fully working after a half year of trying ;)

so now i want to get my ethernet working but your kext for AttansicL1e doens´t work for me.

lspci gave me that:
09:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter [1969:1026] (rev b0)

so dev-id is the same like in your info.plist of your kext

i have an aspire 6930G which is most similar to 6935 i think

gtee 08-05-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdond (Post 29598)
I am completley new to all this :(

Ive tried Ideneb and also iATKOS but no matter what after I get past the first install stage my laptop restarts and just stays on the Grey Apple logo forever :(

Ive tried with ACPI and IDE mode and i get the same response.

Any ideas ?

if you boot using -v it should be okay...

chrish10 08-05-2009 09:55 PM

Please can you help ?? I have an Acer 6930g which is similar spec to your 6935 but i just cannot get wifi working.
I have replaced the Intel 5100 with a broadcom 1490 but no matter what i try i cannot get the laptop to recognise the card.
I know the card works as i have the laptop dual booting with windows and the broadcom works fine.

Any ideas please

Gurruwiwi 08-06-2009 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaka123 (Post 30464)
hey great guide, your solution for gfx made my 9600m gs 512mb fully working after a half year of trying ;)

so now i want to get my ethernet working but your kext for AttansicL1e doens´t work for me.

lspci gave me that:
09:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter [1969:1026] (rev b0)

so dev-id is the same like in your info.plist of your kext

i have an aspire 6930G which is most similar to 6935 i think

Did you follow my guide, or do you have a previous install and applied this kext?

it could be you have to place the kext in a bootloader directory to load, or override vanilla... In my guide, with chameleon, it not even necessary to place in Extra folder, just in S/L/E.

Sorry, thats all I can help, look around and search for success stories of your model...

Gurruwiwi 08-06-2009 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtee (Post 30512)
if you boot using -v it should be okay...

I dont think that will solve it, it will basically just enter verbose mode and hang. at least you'll know where, to find why, and fix.

you cant try -v -x for safe mode boot...

Gurruwiwi 08-06-2009 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrish10 (Post 30518)
Please can you help ?? I have an Acer 6930g which is similar spec to your 6935 but i just cannot get wifi working.
I have replaced the Intel 5100 with a broadcom 1490 but no matter what i try i cannot get the laptop to recognise the card.
I know the card works as i have the laptop dual booting with windows and the broadcom works fine.

Any ideas please

I think, I'm not sure, your model might have a physical switch to turn on wireless and off?

If it does, you need to apply the "pin 20" trick. I worked like a charm on another laptop I had. Its a trick where you apply a piece o tape to cover the pin that receives the on/off signal. Then Leopard will see it.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...ic=56015&st=20

tell me if it works for you!

gtee 08-08-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurruwiwi (Post 30528)
I dont think that will solve it, it will basically just enter verbose mode and hang. at least you'll know where, to find why, and fix.

you cant try -v -x for safe mode boot...

hi! thanks for the guide!

by the way, do you know how can i get the mic to work?

what have you found out regarding the vanilla kernel? can it detect your original wifi board?

i dunno if atheros drivers can activate the original wifi card?

one interesting thing i obeserved, after updating the OS online and running Transmission torrent, my system seems to kernel panic alot, donno what's going on...do you know the command to examine the logs?