InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Installing Snow Leopard on ThinkPad X61 (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3735)

kissofwolf 10-21-2010 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightycrown (Post 51186)
The files that you provided are so good!!! especially the DSDT rev 35!! it is amazing, you fixed all the problems!I really do appreciated your work.
Just a few things:
Have you tried Deep sleep? Does it work?
Brightness hotkey works with Intelframebuffer 1.6.1 and Graphicenabler= yes, but without the PNLF fix in DSDT. Now I have brightness control via that bar however not the hotkey,
There was a guy claimed that he got the scroll key to work, i tried it, but it was not working properly. It was a VoodooPS2 kext. I m just wondering if it is possible to remap it to ApplePS2

I think you do not need the voodooPS2 kext. Vamprex has provided all the KEXTs needed.
I am just not sure about the com.apple.Boot.plist file.

mightycrown 10-21-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissofwolf (Post 51189)
I think you do not need the voodooPS2 kext. Vamprex has provided all the KEXTs needed.
I am just not sure about the com.apple.Boot.plist file.

Hi
Yeh u can use either voodoo or apple, I used a modified voodoo which enabled scroll key, so I m just wondering it is possible to remap it in ApplePS2

balaa 10-29-2010 09:32 PM

Flash playback T61 skips/jumps and HD video

This thread has been very helpful.
I've been using the dsdt.aml provided in the previous posts on my T61. I am very satisfied with my system, I replaced the Intel wireless card with the IBM compatible Atheros.

However, there are still 2 issues I'm having which are mildly annoying I would appreciate any advice.

1) When playing Flash video or HD video shot with my Canon 7D playpack skips terribly flash drops mad frames, this wasn't always the case when I first loaded snowleopard it would intermittently play HD videos and Flash very nicely with no issues it seemed to be able to do it only when plugged in to the AC outlet; however on batter I imagine some kind of speed stepping was happening that was preventing the processor from handling the load. It seems to me now, and I don't know how to verify this, that the processor is not operating at full capacity , i checked System Info to see what speed the processor is running at and it seems to stay at 2.2 all the time. Could this be because of my dsdt.aml file, is anyone else experiencing issues with flash playback in all browsers?

2)My system has the x3100 I have been unable to get brightness control to work at all since I updated my dsdt.aml file it use to work but it was uneven after 98% to almost off. But now the keyboard controls do nothing and there is no slider in the display section under system preferences. I followed the instructions in the previous posts but no luck getting brightness control. any ideas?

Addressing these 2 issues would make my system 100% functional

Thanks guys

grandflash 11-11-2010 02:42 PM

Great work everyone. I used Chameleon RC5 booting 10.6. But since 10.5 the EFI read my FSB only by 177 Mhz instead of 200 Mhz. So what? I had only 1.4 Ghz and a XBenchscore of 125. The AnV booter i use now and "fixfsb=Yes" to boot.plist gives me a score of 141 in XBench now.

Download here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=216726
End of first post (Update: 07-13-2010).

grandflash 11-11-2010 02:48 PM

I also use this Legacy Kext with my bluetooth id too:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=236310

It is possible to enable/disable the bluetooth adapter using this Kext.

grandflash 11-11-2010 02:53 PM

If you donīt know, user "middleton"

http://forum.notebookreview.com/leno...ml#post6501443

has published a bios for T61, T61p, R61/R61i X61, X61s X61s SXGA+ X61 Tablet X300 to enable SATA II Speed on your laptop. I have a Intel Postville built in which had only 130 MB/s and now rocks with 250 MB/s (sequential read). By the way, the bios disables the Lenovo hardware check (white list). Have fun.

player3344 11-14-2010 06:09 PM

Hi everybody.
Forst of all; GEREAT WORT!!!! Extremely helpful thread!

I have installed the iATKOS S3 (SN 10.6.3) on my X61. Well after installing some Kext and adding the HEX string to the apple.boot.plist most of the hardware woks fine for me. However, still have some problems.

1) The display works fine. However, the brightness control does not. :-( I have included the HEX string to my apple.boot.plist as described in the BrightnesControlPack for the X61. The Intel X3100 works perfectly but without any brightness control. Anyone a solution on that?

2) Installing the SL 10.6.3 transformed my thinkpad x61 to a MacBook Air ;-) because only the USB-ports at the left side of the laptop do work, the one on the right, which is the one i prefer to use, does not! Whats wrong here?

3) The most important point! How about a software to control the fan. Im mostly using a windows 7 OS and together with a fan-control-software my X61 is 90% of the time absolutely quiet, despite the HDD! Using OSX, the fan is running nonstop which firstly, is not necessary as the temperature is at about 42C and secondly, this running fann is extremely annoying. While using W7 i have forgotten how loud the x61 fan really is. If there is no solution to that (i would even pay for that if necessary) this will sooner or later be the end of the OSX project on my x61. Sadly!

3a) One minor problem; The Cpu is a T7300 thus having 2GHz, the maximum CPU frequency in SL is 1.8GHz? How come?

If anyone has working solutions for that please contact me.

Thanks in advance
cheers
rob

Pitrako 11-14-2010 07:58 PM

Hi all.....

Thankx for all the information in this post!

One question, is there a kext or somenthing to activate the midle button of the trackpad acting as scroll locks like in windows does?

Thanks a lot for your time,

phoeneter 01-08-2011 06:29 PM

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement Hangs

Hi All,

Bit of a would-be novice at this build process. I have installed SL 10.6.3 to the SL partition as defined by the various instructions, given in this forum and used the ThinkPad X61 Pack for this version of SL. I am also using the netkas fakesmc.kext (127K), etc. On first boot, I get a hang in the ACPI_SMC_PlaformPlugin waiting for Service AppleIntelCPUPOwerManagement error, which hangs the system. I have booted with -f also. I have previously delete the Power Management kext as instructed.

I can successfully boot into Single user/ Safe Boot mode but not normal boot. Really could do with some deep dive advice here as I have lost could of the various posted tricks I have tried to get this working.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read and even better if you can guide me forward. At the moment, the 'three foot' drop test looks inviting.

Sean

man007 01-18-2011 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampyrex13 (Post 50669)
I just finished getting the pathmaps figured out and now have working internal and external mics. I still don't have any volume control on the internal mic though. Here's my AppleHDA.kext file. I'm trying to see if I can get autosensing working for the mic and get rid of the error messages at boot.

I have also attached my DSDT file, which removes the need for the EFI string by putting everything (including device descriptions) into the DSDT file. I have also renamed several devices to match the MacBook device names.

BANKERROR: This DSDT file solves the bluetooth problem. As for your trackpad, you may need to get a copy of the ApplePS2.kext that has the trackpad plugin inside. My X61 has no trackpad, so I removed that plugin. As for a clean install, I just do a default install with aitkos with the sound kexts unselected and ApplePS2.kext selected (this will have the trackpad plugin you need). Once it's installed, I remove all the plugins from Extra/Extensions and copy in mine and install my DSDT file. I use Kext Helper to set my permissions correctly.

Is there a way that you could post the bluetooth fix by itself? I am using your DSDT on my ThinkPad X300 and that brings bluetooth natively, but i start getting all kinds of errors from FakeSMC. I would like to just add the bluetooth fix and compile a DSDT for my laptop specifically. It would be greatly appreciated.