InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Leopard 10.5 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   ASU able to patch 10.5.5? (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=1456)

axhi 11-13-2008 12:18 AM

I have a 9850 phenom
8600gt
biostar t790gx

Tried updating while having v2 of voodoo loaded w/ the patch and it installs great.....
but...

On restart it hangs for hours! never boots :( so sad. I will just stick to 10.5.4 until I install it on another drive to test further.

Initial boot was LawlessPPC 10.5.4

nfoav8or 11-13-2008 01:19 AM

one way to circumvent this is (if your system is already 10.5.4) to download the 10.5.5 single update from apple and place the ".pkg" file in your downloads folder (this way, at least you know its downloaded properly) then run ASU and DON'T select the 10.5.5 update... select a different update.

NOTE: The 10.5.5 update has caused quite an uproar with select people's systems and no matter how they obtain a copy of a Patched update (that works on someone else's machine) they might not get it to work on theirs.

axhi 11-13-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfoav8or (Post 18147)
one way to circumvent this is (if your system is already 10.5.4) to download the 10.5.5 single update from apple and place the ".pkg" file in your downloads folder (this way, at least you know its downloaded properly) then run ASU and DON'T select the 10.5.5 update... select a different update.

NOTE: The 10.5.5 update has caused quite an uproar with select people's systems and no matter how they obtain a copy of a Patched update (that works on someone else's machine) they might not get it to work on theirs.

Thanks for that reply, I domt quite understand fully though. I can install every other update cleanly right from the update machine, but when I tried 10.5.5 I had an endless loading screen. Are you telling me to dl the update and stick it into asu? Is that possible? Or am I reading this all wrong.

Thanks again for the help!!

nfoav8or 11-13-2008 10:58 PM

I'm telling you to follow naquaada's helpful hint to using ASU to build working updates from already-downloaded-from-Apple software.

see here for this topic.

it doesn't require you to put anything IN the AMD Software Update, just your Downloads folder... make sure you drag the .pkg file from the image you downloaded from Apple to it. Then run ASU but select to modify a different update and it will download that update to your Downloads folder and move BOTH .pkg file updates to a temporary folder to modify them separately. you should then be able to install 10.5.5. Also, note that you should have at least a 9.4 kernel and system.kext file before you can update successfully. Too many people notice glitches in their systems after the update if they don't do this. The latest beta voodoo kernel and 9.5 system.kext file work just as good for myself too.

axhi 11-14-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfoav8or (Post 18171)
I'm telling you to follow naquaada's helpful hint to using ASU to build working updates from already-downloaded-from-Apple software.

see here for this topic.

it doesn't require you to put anything IN the AMD Software Update, just your Downloads folder... make sure you drag the .pkg file from the image you downloaded from Apple to it. Then run ASU but select to modify a different update and it will download that update to your Downloads folder and move BOTH .pkg file updates to a temporary folder to modify them separately. you should then be able to install 10.5.5. Also, note that you should have at least a 9.4 kernel and system.kext file before you can update successfully. Too many people notice glitches in their systems after the update if they don't do this. The latest beta voodoo kernel and 9.5 system.kext file work just as good for myself too.

Again, thanks for the timely responses. How do I check if I have 9.5 system kext? I know I'm using voodoo beta 2 but I'm not certain as to my kext. If you could send me that and the asu (already sent you a pm for that) I would greatley appreciate it.

And again, thanks for your help. I can't help but to notice you posting a lot of assistance.

nfoav8or 11-14-2008 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhi (Post 18173)
Again, thanks for the timely responses. How do I check if I have 9.5 system kext? I know I'm using voodoo beta 2 but I'm not certain as to my kext. If you could send me that and the asu (already sent you a pm for that) I would greatley appreciate it.

And again, thanks for your help. I can't help but to notice you posting a lot of assistance.

See this post to check your kernel/system.kext status:
http://www.infinitemac.com/f5/proble...post18070.html

Yeah, I'm on here a lot and have been doing this for a few years now and while I wouldn't say I'm an expert or anything, I figured I'd share what knowledge I do have on the subject with the community.

axhi 11-14-2008 10:19 AM

two things.

1) what if the only update in there is 10.5.5 (I already moved my stuff to Downloads folder but the only update in ASU is 10.5.5

2) My 8600gt flickers a lot I noticed. I have nvInject and what not and my stuff is working fine, but i feel like its not up to standards.

Thanks again!!

axhi 11-14-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfoav8or (Post 18178)
See this post to check your kernel/system.kext status:
http://www.infinitemac.com/f5/proble...post18070.html

Yeah, I'm on here a lot and have been doing this for a few years now and while I wouldn't say I'm an expert or anything, I figured I'd share what knowledge I do have on the subject with the community.

Ok, I had an update after I installed Logic Pro. I downloaded a fresh copy of the 10.5.5 update and then put it in downloads, selected only one of those updates and that's it. Hit modify only, it said, no need to patch blah blah no CPUID's found. Is that normal?

nfoav8or 11-14-2008 01:49 PM

Which update did you select? Did it produce a log folder on your desktop?

axhi 11-14-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfoav8or (Post 18182)
Which update did you select? Did it produce a log folder on your desktop?

I selected some logic pro update and yes, but I may have deleted it...eeek. I'm so bad at this.